What game would you like to see released in the near future?

x2KraZe

I have talked to many people online regarding this topic and it amazes me how so many 'Under the radar' games get released and then forgotten about. For example,Ii remember playing a game called 'Prisoner of War' for the original Xbox and the concept of the game was to break free from a WWII camp but had to gather contraband and trade for services by prisoners and to get better items from them to use in order to access other areas of the camp in order to make your escape. I loved this game sooo much i played it for hours, but i am long to see another game like this. It would definitely differ from the same old modern stealth games released today. I also wouldn't mind seeing another Shenmue game...another great game that would do well in todays market.

What about you? Are there any games you would like to see released in the near future?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted to play that Prisoner Of War but never got round to it. Sounded like a great stealth em up.

As for Shenmue, that's my most wanted for sure, my favourite game without a doubt. I'm part of the admin team of Shenmue500k on Facebook and the amount of exposure the series has gotten in the last six months on various sites has been fantastic.

Something else I would like to see come back from the dead would be the Dizzy line of games.

I read a report about shenmue recently...

Where the creator said he was "looking at whether there was enough demand for a new shenmue"

Which is crap, because he gets requests every fricking day.

I personally don't think it's going to happen... Ever.

I'd love to see kingdom hearts 3 come out this year. That'd do me.

Crackdown 3.

/thread

Edit.

Okay, not quite. In the near future? Whatever, as long as it is released on time and doesn't feel like it was rushed for a quick buck, only to concentrate on updates over the next month or two trying to fix release issues.

But seriously, a Crackdown 3 has to happen. Announce it at least, so I know I have something to look forward to. A limited edition console, controller, console skin, whatever. I will sell any Xbox 360 accessory/console I have never or will never use and get the funds to buy it.

Edited by iBuzz7S

I always wanted to play that Prisoner Of War but never got round to it. Sounded like a great stealth em up.

As for Shenmue, that's my most wanted for sure, my favourite game without a doubt. I'm part of the admin team of Shenmue500k on Facebook and the amount of exposure the series has gotten in the last six months on various sites has been fantastic.

Something else I would like to see come back from the dead would be the Dizzy line of games.

Prisoner of war was an absolute brilliant game. I just think with todays graphics, maybe even a makeover, this game would be a refreshing approach to the stealth genre.

I also did read that Phil Spencer announce recently that Shenmue III was voted the highest demanding game to be released and they are possibly looking into it using a kickstarter campaign to raise some funds to produce it. I know this has been said soo many times in the past, but i really do have my fingers crossed for this one now.

I also actually agree with alot of the above titles mentioned already...'Bully' was a good shout. I enjoyed that game alot, same for L.A.Noire. I have been watching the TV series 'Prison Break' lately, and i love the whole concept of how the main character tattoos himself with the blueprints and each part of it is part of a code to his escape. The way in which they have to break the code would work well in a game like L.A. Noire I think....something that requires alot of though in order to work out the killers next move etc.

The next Call of Duty. I'm sure everyone here, especially BiggD, would agree that there is way too much time between releases in the COD series.:dance:

Haha...i hear that. What about Need for Speed Series....i read an artical that said there has been like 20 nfs's released to date so far. They seem to be dishing them out quicker than my mother can hot dinners :p

I also did read that Phil Spencer announce recently that Shenmue III was voted the highest demanding game to be released and they are possibly looking into it using a kickstarter campaign to raise some funds to produce it. I know this has been said soo many times in the past, but i really do have my fingers crossed for this one now.

Yea Spencer was probably referring to the Xbox One magazine most wanted games poll where Shenmue won with 47%

In all seriousness, Destiny and Batman: Arkham Knight are going to fucking rock 2014.

I wasn't joking before though. Fallout 4 is my most anticipated, un-announced, un-confirmed game.

Bully 2 by far but also a sequal to L.A. Noire!!

Team Bondi no longer exists. An L.A. Noire 2 would next happen. However, Team Bondi's lead man, Brandon McNamera had the rights to his next game, Whore of Orient, absorbed by another studio.

There's some articles on the interwebz about it. Check it out.

The next Call of Duty. I'm sure everyone here, especially BiggD, would agree that there is way too much time between releases in the COD series.:dance:

I definitely cannot WAIT for the next CoD :dance:

Team Bondi no longer exists. An L.A. Noire 2 would next happen. However, Team Bondi's lead man, Brandon McNamera had the rights to his next game, Whore of Orient, absorbed by another studio.

There's some articles on the interwebz about it. Check it out.

Thanks for letting me know that BiggD. It's a shame how there will most likely never be another one though :( I'll be shure to check out the info on the web

For games not announced I would say Portal 3 or a new Smuggler's Run. I don't know if there was more than the one Smuggler's Run game that I played, but it was great on the Gamecube. Imagine an open world Burnout with military vehicles on mountains and each vehicle has two special abilities like a bomb and a jump ability.

For already announced games, I would say the new Mirror's Edge and Star Wars Battlefront. I want release dates for those.

Half-life 3

/thread

/needle

/sewing machine

/momsspaghetti

In all seriousness, would be nice to see Goat Simulator on Xbox but the controls don't feel that good on a gamepad. As for other games that would be nice ports from PC to Xbox: Jazzpunk, Shadow Warrior, SNOW & The Stanley Parable. And as for games that would be realistically be released in the "near" future, I'd love to see Metro: Last Light on XB1, Halo 2 Anniversary, Killer Instinct Season Two & Forza Horizon 2. All of these are likely to happen soon. As for less likely games, would like to see Spec Ops: The Line 2, Next Hitman Game, Portal 3 & Bulletstorm 2.

Edited by Maka

Thanks for letting me know that BiggD. It's a shame how there will most likely never be another one though :( I'll be shure to check out the info on the web

No worries :) You never know..maybe the license to the game will be stopped up by Rockstar or something. We'll see. As for the Whore of Orient game, there's some raw gameplay demo I think, but it's mainly just running and fighting. Nothing "real" to base the game off of.