Clean games/achievements caused by hack

ViniBT

Hello there.

Two days ago my account was hacked. FIFA 12 DLC was bought with my MS Points and the same game was played. Three achievements were unlocked by the shitbrick.

My account was fully restored by Support and I got refunded and an extra 1-month gold subscription was given to me.

But one problem remains: FIFA 12 is in my games history and 3 achievements of this game are unlocked (but I don't own FIFA 12!).

So the question is: Is it possible to erase FIFA 12 from my games history? If so, how? Through Support? Through official forums?

Thanks!

Edited by ViniBT

They won't remove it, pretty sure its stuck there forever now :(

This. You have never, ever been able to remove games from your history that already have achievements unlocked. At one point you could remove games with 0 achievements, but that feature is long gone.

No offense, OP, but Google could have answered this question for you in about 3 seconds.

Yup, there forever. This actually happened to me this past Monday. First, they bought the Raam's Shadow DLC for Gears of War 3 then booted up FIFA 12 and got me two Ultimate Team achievements. In all, they stole 1680 MSP from me. I guess my password wasn't strong enough, but any password can be hacked since the Windows Live ID login can be infinitely bypassed...

Support fixed it in like 16 hours, gave me a 1700 MSP refund and a free month of Xbox Live. They didn't "fix" the problem, though. All they did was lock my account to check to see if it had been tampered with, which they determined it was. To "fix" it, they told me to change my password. Big deal.

Ya know, I appreciate MS responding to me quickly, but this "solution" is bullshit. I doubt MS or EA Sports is doing anything to fix this exploit, especially since its been happening since July. Simple solution: deactivate the Ultimate Team in FIFA 12, or find the root cause and patch it. I mean, WTF?

Yes, I know that for 0G games it is possible to remove.

But my question is about dealing with Microsoft to fix this. Has anyone tried this? Or all the victims of this FIFA hack are doomed to keep FIFA 12 history?

By the way, if I trusted Google random results, I'd have used it.

Thanks.

Edited by ViniBT

This. You have never, ever been able to remove games from your history that already have achievements unlocked. At one point you could remove games with 0 achievements, but that feature is long gone.

No offense, OP, but Google could have answered this question for you in about 3 seconds.

No offense, but you can still remove games with 0 achievements. Just press the guide button, move left to achievements, highlight the game that has no points and press :xbut:. I did it this past weekend when I helped my friend boost Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer. Why do people think that this feature was removed?

Hey bLaKgRaVy, you're just right!

I mean... Why should we be doomed til forever because of another one's error?

I do care about my games history, progress and achievements, but now this FIFA 12 tag keeps reminding me of the headache I went through while hacked.

So sad.

No offense, but you can still remove games with 0 achievements. Just press the guide button, move left to achievements, highlight the game that has no points and press :xbut:. I did it this past weekend when I helped my friend boost Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer. Why do people think that this feature was removed?

Wow, really? They must have re-re-added the feature with the most recent dashboard update. I'll have to take advantage of that before they update it again!

I said it was removed because it was, at least on the previous dashboard (from Fall 2010). It's come and gone a couple of times over the history of dashboards.

You can't remove games with points unlocked. Microsoft won't do it. Period.

On a side note, your account hot hacked and you got it back in two days? Impressive. Everyone else has had their accounts frozen for months.

Actually I got it back and was refunded in 23 hours.

I hope you are wrong about your statement, but if you're right... Bah... :(

nevermind. i shoulda read the rest of the thread first.

Wow, really? They must have re-re-added the feature with the most recent dashboard update. I'll have to take advantage of that before they update it again!

I said it was removed because it was, at least on the previous dashboard (from Fall 2010). It's come and gone a couple of times over the history of dashboards.

I have never seen that feature removed... Its always been there for as long as i can remember... But i could be wrong. Meh.

I have never seen that feature removed... Its always been there for as long as i can remember... But i could be wrong. Meh.

It was definitely gone at least at one point because there was an outcry on this forum about it, and I was one of the people complaining. I remember specifically thinking, "Why the hell would they get rid of a feature like that?" It just didn't make any sense to remove something like that.

I have always had the option to remove 0 point games (as far as I know), ever since they introduced it with NXE. But then again, I got rid of my 0 point games when I first could. As far as I know, it's always been an option.

But, if you have unlocked any achievements in any game, including 0 point ones, then they can't be deleted.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I'm with the guy also wondering how these FIFA hacks happen, I mean how are you guys targeted? I mean is there a pattern in the types of games you play that maybe some hackers are hanging around MW3 or BF3, some big multiplayer game where they get pissed off that you beat them or something? I have a guy on my list who was hacked and he got his account back within a week...it just seems sort of random unless there's any actual pattern as to how it occurs.

For those who told me to play FIFA 12: yes, I've considered this option (and I do like soccer/football!). Problem is it was not in my plans to get this game. So if this is the last option I have, I'll find someone to lend it.

For those who asked how the FIFA hack happens: I don't know. But it happens. And they are all the same. Take a look at the official Xbox LIVE forums and you'll see that at least one new issue per day appears.

The only thing I can say is: my password was strong enough (11 digits, mixing number, tall letters and small letters). I had accounts on EA (as I have on Rockstar Social Club, Uplay). My PC is totally clean (autorun disabled, Malwarebytes' Antimalware running, Microsoft Security Essentials running). I have Amazon account with 3 credit cards linked and it had the same login/password as Xbox LIVE. Nothing happened to my Amazon account.

The whole thing goes this way: Your MS Points vanish or your credit card is used to buy MS Points. When you go check the billing history, you see items like "Premium Gold Jumbo" or some "Player Pack". In my case it was only "premium gold jumbo". And in the games history, voilá! FIFA 12 with Ultimate Team achievements unlocked (2 or 3 achievements).

The Xbox Support told that these DLC are used to create players for Ultimate Team mode or generate FIFA Coins (virtual currency). This FIFA coinsa then are sold in websites like eBay (search for "fifa coins", "ultimate team fifa" or something like that).

So, the one who wishes to have a powerful team with Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi needs FIFA coins. Get them legit is hard, so they buy them on eBay (using real currecy, of course).

Edited by ViniBT

It was definitely gone at least at one point because there was an outcry on this forum about it, and I was one of the people complaining. I remember specifically thinking, "Why the hell would they get rid of a feature like that?" It just didn't make any sense to remove something like that.

It did go you're right but it was snuck back in probably rather quickly in a subsequent update.

I thought about that, it really is the smart thing to do to NOT have your card attached to your account unless you intend to use it. Maybe hook it up to a paypal so it's easier to sign it up each time but thankfully all I use is microsoft points cards. So there's no credit card on my account.