"Serious Before It Was Cool"

Seriously (might take a bit longer) and Seriously 2.0 are easy to obtain if you know what to do.

Seriously 3.0 was full of little mistakes that made it a pretty terrible thing. (Kinda like retail Gears 3 itself haha.)

But I'm sure that they've noticed, so they'll either try and correct it or keep the difficulty "up there."

• 3 weeks later...

I don't care about the seriously achievements, but I will say that S3.0 actually ruined Gears3. Even though I knew I'd never go for it, it still made other people play the game in dumb ways which did affect me. For a while a lot of my friends were idle boosting in private matches. That is until they realized how stupid and pointless it is and then simply stopped playing the game altogether.

• 1 month later...

If they drastically drop the game count and make a medal of xxx number of games played in ALL MODES, combined with a kill counts that count in every mode(campaign, horde or ANY kind of MP) then i will be happy...Cause those issues with the event thing(for the people getting gow3 late) where the biggest problems.

been here done that

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=374111

Also, anyone who thinks one achievement would "ruin" your gears experience is stupid as hell

No man, because when your a one game guy(take it in a large sense) its important to get the full 1000(or the completion if you prefer)

Lots of people here are typical achievement hunters, for them a 1000 is a 1000 and they want to complete every game they do. Me... i don't give a rat not completing a game like Conan or Shellshock 2 or other small games i did enjoy doing one time, but just enjoy casually.

But im a gow fan, got the epic edition of GOW3, got my hoodies custom made of GOW3 with my name in the back, got my cog tags, even my gow action figures(no i dont play with them...lol there on display)

So having all the points is important, but i feel it SHOULD BE obtainable by just playing the game. Not going true a grindfest that require more hours than my damn job...

If you look at my profile you will see very few completed game, cause honestly i love gaming to enjoy gaming, im not really a "do the hard mode" guy... i do it only on games i do love or know i can do without too much frustration. I won't spend countless hours in small random games. But GOW is GOW, i NEED to complete them. (to be the ultimate gearhead, at least the best i can be, cause yeah there better MP players than me)

But i promise myself and my friends i wouldn't do it in Judgment if its as bad as GOW3... I got a job a few months ago, and barely had time to play, i put skyrim on hold for that damn achievement... imagine... its a shame, a great game like skyrim... anyway.

At least i will be able to say i completed the original trilogy

Giant wall of text? Lol we don't have wall of text as we use to... This is pretty much a standard text message on a forum for me...

Anyway, no nobody is forcing me or whatever, and yes i will play the game seriously or not, i was just expressing how frustrating it can be for people to be abused and screwed so bad by a compagny they support and buy stuff from. A video game should remain a video game, to enjoy PLAYING, not actually becoming a work or worst, a waste of money (electricity) and a way to make an xbox die quicker...

Im sorry but i played GOW3... im not one of these guys that boosted everything. I played a fair lot of the game for a year and yet, i would had been only at around 4000 games on the 18 000 required... and im counting in general, cause there are modes i don't like.

So basically it was not a choice to have to let the xbox run at night... did Epic made a deal with electricity compagnies or something? I mean whats there reason to make people let there xbox run at night... its not like abusing the game count number will up there sale or even make people buy the DLC more... To get other much fair and honest achievements, you have to buy it anyway...

I just can't see a valid reason to do that... I tough at first lev 100 in GOW was a joke, it was over the top, but in the end i realize it wasn't so hard when i got it... I played way more after that , not to mention they eventually help a lot of people get it trough multiple x3 or even x32 xp events at the end. And GOW3 was not coming that quick, took 3 years after the release of GOW2...

But here we had barely a year and a half to do an achievement that would take 5 times the ammount of time to do if you played everything...

And add to that like i said exept Skyrim and some COD, i haven't played much different games the last 6 months, so for people liking more different video games, its impossible.

This is a slap to the face to fans if they redo this again that badly. I have no problem for a big achievement that is "get all achievements in the game" cause if you can do the rest, you will have this one, or something like "play 100 hours (or 200 hours) the game" cause again, you play and you will get it. Its the insane ammount of time they asked for the achievements combined with having us do a bunch of shitty stuff we would had normally NOT DO that pissed me off.

Wanna do a big achievements, at least make it require skill... or require to play the game, not idle it...

• 3 months later...
No man, because when your a one game guy(take it in a large sense) its important to get the full 1000(or the completion if you prefer)

Lots of people here are typical achievement hunters, for them a 1000 is a 1000 and they want to complete every game they do. Me... i don't give a rat not completing a game like Conan or Shellshock 2 or other small games i did enjoy doing one time, but just enjoy casually.

But im a gow fan, got the epic edition of GOW3, got my hoodies custom made of GOW3 with my name in the back, got my cog tags, even my gow action figures(no i dont play with them...lol there on display)

So having all the points is important, but i feel it SHOULD BE obtainable by just playing the game. Not going true a grindfest that require more hours than my damn job...

If you look at my profile you will see very few completed game, cause honestly i love gaming to enjoy gaming, im not really a "do the hard mode" guy... i do it only on games i do love or know i can do without too much frustration. I won't spend countless hours in small random games. But GOW is GOW, i NEED to complete them. (to be the ultimate gearhead, at least the best i can be, cause yeah there better MP players than me)

But i promise myself and my friends i wouldn't do it in Judgment if its as bad as GOW3... I got a job a few months ago, and barely had time to play, i put skyrim on hold for that damn achievement... imagine... its a shame, a great game like skyrim... anyway.

At least i will be able to say i completed the original trilogy

I couldn't agree more. I too am a huge gears fan, have been since the days of 19 round Raven down. It was important for me to show my commitment as a fan by getting all the achievements in the gears games. Completed gears 1. Completes gears 2. Then, I got to gears 3. While it is probably my favourite to play, I get so annoyed at the thought that I'm never gonna complete it. It doesn't seem fair to me that a loyal fan like myself won't complete it but flat out achievement whores will by means of cheating/boosting. It's not so much jealousy, more of a 'betrayed by epic' feeling. It is aggravating.

• 3 weeks later...
I couldn't agree more. I too am a huge gears fan, have been since the days of 19 round Raven down. It was important for me to show my commitment as a fan by getting all the achievements in the gears games. Completed gears 1. Completes gears 2. Then, I got to gears 3. While it is probably my favourite to play, I get so annoyed at the thought that I'm never gonna complete it. It doesn't seem fair to me that a loyal fan like myself won't complete it but flat out achievement whores will by means of cheating/boosting. It's not so much jealousy, more of a 'betrayed by epic' feeling. It is aggravating.

Indeed, you get the feeling. Its hours of hours wasted doing some stupid shit to unlock it. Im glad i put horde and beast behind from the start so i didn't had to go back to those, but damn they where tremendously long. Horde is fun on ocasion, don't get my wrong, but not the point of the grindfest i had to endure. Beast was shorter than horde, but honestly i felt it was not that good so it looks longer. It wasn't bad... just got boring way faster than horde so gringing that was bad...

At least campaign let you boost it cheaply... cause im not sure if that would not had been the case if i would still be on it... thanks god there was a piano to boost the doorman medal... And that part of act 2 where you just had to run a hill... playing 500 prologue would had been terrible... even if it was short and impossible to die.

The MP part, the worst was really the idle boost, not in hard cause it was not, and not even time consuming in the fact that i was sleeping at the same time, but it piss me off the most in term of "having to let my xbox run and consume energy... reduce life span for that"

The rest of the MP... boosted the CTL medal i couldn't get in guardian... boosted part of pistols(but i already had a lot, i was trying to kill my downs with my pistol the most i could online) hammerburst because i hate this gun badly... the nemesis(of course), the heavy weapons(i still use them when i can,but lets face it, you dont rack much kills with those online) and the meatshield one... not sure if i forget some, but i was able to do most of the rest normally...

I don't know your type of play, but if you do play a lot of GOW online, i think you could boost what you need to boost for MP, now it depend if you liked horde/beast and such... and if your willing to idle boost the game modes...

The 2 shotguns where easily done legit for me, the retro i almost onyx it 2 time already, and the lancer is a good weapon in some situation so its not too hard to onyx it, but i can't stand the hammerburst... i don't have a modded controller... and 3 out of 4 time i see somebody use a lot this gun online... guess what there modded...LOL

The problem is that the retro is deadly at close range, and still can be good at long range if you gently burst, as good as a non modded hammerburst.