On holiday in us...how do I get digital us only games to my uk xb1?

Gizmo Monkey

Ok I want to get games like 1001 Spikes somehow. I was thinking as I'm currently in USA is there a easier way to do it from here so they'll be on my account when I get back after I buy them from here? I know I can log onto the US store and see it from the UK on my console but actually buying it is a different story. I can't use paypal as it doesnt show up as a payment option for US stuff or use my current MS money as it's UK and region specific.

But was wondering can I buy like MS points or MS $ cards from here and redeem them and buy it this way somehow? But wouldn't that mix it up with my uk based amount I currently have? There's gotta be a way now that I'm here right? And no I didn't bring my Xbone on holiday with me that is pretty sad.

Edited by Gizmo Monkey

You need a US address and a US account... Getting US currency onto an account is easy from anywhere, just need a prepaid credit card for that country being used for mostly anon purposes they don't need an address tied to them

True, when you try to purchase something after you redeemed the prepaid card it asks for a US billing address and telephone number. I learned this the other day but I am unsure if its against the house rules to use a US billing address if I'm spending cash from a prepaid card.

Edited by gazmaster1

I managed to do it. Bought some MS money cards on Amazon.com and went to xbox.com changed the region to US at the bottom left. Entered a US address. Bought some games like 1001 Spikes. Changed it back to UK after.

I'll just download through my bought history on Xbone when I get back now. Cool. It keeps two separate currencies for your profile depending on which region you are switched to as well.

Not really bothered about the games themselves I just liked to figure this stuff out tbh.

This is the same principal that people were using to get free games from other regions, we had a thread on this somewhere at somepoint for the 360, i assume its been removed now though considering what happened. MS started banning accounts for it, not everyone, but still, so be prepared.

Although that was an alternate account, not swapping regions, i actually thought there was a time limit between swapping regions but obviously mistaken there. Also you are still paying for the games so while still a form of abuse MS isn't losing out as they were with people using alt accounts to get free games. Still could be considered abuse though in the ToS etc

Basically its at your own risk. Personally my account means more to me than a few free games/US games (am also from UK.)

Edited by Killerchronic

This is the same principal that people were using to get free games from other regions, we had a thread on this somewhere at somepoint for the 360, i assume its been removed now though considering what happened. MS started banning accounts for it, not everyone, but still, so be prepared.

Basically its at your own risk. Personally my account means more to me than a few free games/US games (am also from UK.)

Well if I get banned for doing this as they allow it, and it's not a glitch, I'll simply get rid of my Xbone and never buy another MS console again. I'm already in two minds about this console for various reasons, so this would just be the final nail etc.

Anyway I remember that Major Nelson guy saying it was easy to switch regions now on Xbone and they let you keep your same profile. He even encouraged to do so if you get a Xbone that's not currently sold in your country to change region so you can use Xbox Live. So if I get banned for this as it's not really a loophole or glitch it would be hilarious but absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Gizmo Monkey

Well if I get banned for doing this as they allow it, and it's not a glitch, I'll simply get rid of my Xbone and never buy another MS console again. I'm already in two minds about this console for various reasons, so this would just be the final nail etc.

Anyway I remember that Major Nelson guy saying it was easy to switch regions now on Xbone and they let you keep your same profile. He even encouraged to do so if you get a Xbone that's not currently sold in your country to change region so you can use Xbox Live. So if I get banned for this as it's not really a loophole or glitch it would be hilarious but absolutely ridiculous.

You are not going to get banned for doing this. As you've stated major Nelson mentioned and encouraged people to check out other regions stores. It is region free unlike the 360 and people were getting banned for taking advantages of deals from other regions and errors that ms did in other regions. Free games, etc.