I'm giving in, Capcom you're really starting to dissapoint me.

So, I was one of the people who was trying to support this game since it came out, mainly because I am a big fan of Capcom, plus I did enjoy the game and thought it was nice they were adding a "Free" DLC. Well everyone was saying oh, it's not going to be free just wait, and they were right. That's a dirty little thing they did there. Telling us they're going to release the other side of the campaign as DLC for free, and we come to find out only 1 chapter is free. It's pretty sad, and as much as I want to I just can't support them on this anymore. Everything they've released as DLC is kind of obvious that it was in the game beforehand. Don't comment saying "Blame Slant Six" because I enjoy the game, I don't like that Capcom is releasing the content as paid DLC that should have came with the game. Just a rant

Everything about this game has been a disappointment. I bought as an impulse buy after some trade-ins. God, I regret it now since this game blows big time. Feels like a quick cash in to fund Resident Evil 6.

I have no problems with paid DLC. If that's what companies want to do, by all means. But they mislead a lot of people by saying it was free but than saying, 'oh no, 1 chapter is free. crap crap and more crap

FYI - to all the people that seem to think everything released after the fact SHOULD have come with the game, you don't know what you're talking about.

As it stands - the game was reviewed based on what was released. Not future content. What was in the final game, was the final game. Nothing "should" have to be in the game when they never told us that it would be. It's an EXTRA. It's unnecessary. It does not alter the game in such a way that it was required in the first place or is even required now. You like the game? Hey, guess what - we want to give you more asap without you having to wait 6 months to two years for a re-issue or sequel!

Furthermore, Capcom only stated the first DLC was free. In fact, the announcement of the release date on this very site for the first DLC stated that additional ones would be paid.

FYI - to all the people that seem to think everything released after the fact SHOULD have come with the game, you don't know what you're talking about.

As it stands - the game was reviewed based on what was released. Not future content. What was in the final game, was the final game. Nothing "should" have to be in the game when they never told us that it would be. It's an EXTRA. It's unnecessary. It does not alter the game in such a way that it was required in the first place or is even required now. You like the game? Hey, guess what - we want to give you more asap without you having to wait 6 months to two years for a re-issue or sequel!

Furthermore, Capcom only stated the first DLC was free. In fact, the announcement of the release date on this very site for the first DLC stated that additional ones would be paid.

1 Chapter of a campaign is not a DLC. They're just money hungry like every other company out there. I don't even mind paying for the DLC, it's the fact that they said they're releasing a free DLC which will be another side to the campaign. Then thhey make us pay for it.

On the front of my RE:ORC game case is a sticker saying mission 1 will be free (not the whole 7 mission Spec Ops campaign).

I would have preferred both campaigns on the retail disc but as long as it's not disk locked content but instead legit downloadable content, I'm fine with it.

Just hurry up and unlock the achievements on Xbox.com so I can play it already!

On the front of my RE:ORC game case is a sticker saying mission 1 will be free (not the whole 7 mission Spec Ops campaign).

I would have preferred both campaigns on the retail disc but as long as it's not disk locked content but instead legit downloadable content, I'm fine with it.

Just hurry up and unlock the achievements on Xbox.com so I can play it already!

Yeah that's all I'm waiting for, and wow, they're releasing more? Xbox is starting to get stupid, 20 dollars for something that should have been included in the disk...

Personally i like the game, yeah the campaign isnt great, but i enjoy the multiplayer, yes it needs a bit of work and i guess its not up to the standards of a company as big as capcom but i do really enjoy playing.

Im a life long resident evil fan, game out and ORC isnt the best of the lot but not even close to the worst. People bitching about the DLC costing, microsoft dont allow free DLC unless its sponsered, and personally i think its well worth the money ive paid for it.

I know plenty of others who enjoy it, guess its 1 of them games you either love or hate.

1 Chapter of a campaign is not a DLC. They're just money hungry like every other company out there. I don't even mind paying for the DLC, it's the fact that they said they're releasing a free DLC which will be another side to the campaign. Then thhey make us pay for it.

People just like to complain for the sake of complaining - AGAIN, I stress that NOTHING of this DLC (and yes, one lengthy mission, even a short one, qualifies as DLC - even guns or skins for games qualify as ADDITIONAL CONTENT) was mandatory or HAD to be a included in the main game.

And AGAIN, as even others have stated, they said ONE chapter would be free. I think you misread or misheard from someone that a whole secondary Campaign would be free - but that's absurd. It still costs money to finish this content. Perhaps you don't know how DLC works but it has a separate budget from the main game and is worked on by different people with lower priorities (unless they're trying to get it out on the same day).

This is not some money grab and they aren't trying to rip people off or get cash for RE6 (which has been in development for sometime in house) - if you are upset that you have to pay less than half (1/3rd actually) what you paid for the main game for something that will nearly double the amount of content then simply don't buy it.

But stop complaining about how you're being screwed or how "it should have been there from the beginning" because it simply shows your lack of knowledge on this topic and comes off as being unappreciative. What was on the final release could EASILY have been all the content - it's not written somewhere that the Spec Ops needed their own Campaign because they didn't.

This is an extra feature that was finished after the main game. If you want it, you have to pay for it as they didn't just make it magically without spending any cash. And nowhere did Capcom say otherwise despite what you think.

In the past if you wanted extra content to a game you waited for the full priced sequel or the often full priced re-release on a different system.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford all the games I want and it's DLC. That said, I believe all DLC is a cash grab whether or not it is in service to the consumers.

Honestly, used games sales is the one to blame for this era downloadable content. It's to make you keep your game longer so you don't sell your game back. It also cushions the lost sales they get from used game purchases. I think its a fair trade to Capcom and the devs to get what they deserve.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you feel like you're missing out on the narrative, its ok, the game isn't even RE canon.

Not really. They cut the SpecOps campaign to sell later for additional profits. It's low but it's not just Capcom, pretty much every developer is guilty of this practice nowadays. I read an article on Gamespot the other day where a developer head even admitted this. Furthermore, just because a DLC file has to be downloaded (opposed to us essentially buying an "unlock" since it's already on the disc) doesn't mean it's newly developed content. Developers are entirely capable of removing something from the game to sell later. They just didn't use to do it and opted to keep it on but locked so a user would have to purchase rights to "unlock" it. These days with every company being under scrutiny for this practice devs are completely removing it so they can claim it's new content.

Not really. They cut the SpecOps campaign to sell later for additional profits. It's low but it's not just Capcom, pretty much every developer is guilty of this practice nowadays. I read an article on Gamespot the other day where a developer head even admitted this. Furthermore, just because a DLC file has to be downloaded (opposed to us essentially buying an "unlock" since it's already on the disc) doesn't mean it's newly developed content. Developers are entirely capable of removing something from the game to sell later. They just didn't use to do it and opted to keep it on but locked so a user would have to purchase rights to "unlock" it. These days with every company being under scrutiny for this practice devs are completely removing it so they can claim it's new content.

Okay - if you're going to make such a statement then you MUST be able to back it up with proof, yes? I never saw anyone at Capcom or Slant Six say they cut a full complete Campaign for DLC - so where did you see this? I remember them selling the game as being able to play as Umbrella operatives... never saw anything about the final game having a campaign for both Umbrella and Spec Ops.

No, this isn't something everyone does - it just looks that way to people that don't work in the industry and assume every company is trying to nickel and dime them. News flash - about 70% of DLC is not content that was going to make it in the game in the release window. It may have been planned at one time but just wasn't working, didn't flow, or just could not get finished in time.... on the other hand there is quite a lot of content that is thought up AFTER the game is "content complete".

Every one that complains about this just makes the assumption that they are getting an incomplete game and are being 'forced' to pay more to finish it. You aren't. What they sell as the final game, is the final game. The rest is unnecessary and extra for people that want MORE. It's just so idiotic to me that people will turn around and complain about being offered (not forced) more because they feel they should have had it in the first place.

Okay - if you're going to make such a statement then you MUST be able to back it up with proof, yes? I never saw anyone at Capcom or Slant Six say they cut a full complete Campaign for DLC - so where did you see this? I remember them selling the game as being able to play as Umbrella operatives... never saw anything about the final game having a campaign for both Umbrella and Spec Ops.

No, this isn't something everyone does - it just looks that way to people that don't work in the industry and assume every company is trying to nickel and dime them. News flash - about 70% of DLC is not content that was going to make it in the game in the release window. It may have been planned at one time but just wasn't working, didn't flow, or just could not get finished in time.... on the other hand there is quite a lot of content that is thought up AFTER the game is "content complete".

Every one that complains about this just makes the assumption that they are getting an incomplete game and are being 'forced' to pay more to finish it. You aren't. What they sell as the final game, is the final game. The rest is unnecessary and extra for people that want MORE. It's just so idiotic to me that people will turn around and complain about being offered (not forced) more because they feel they should have had it in the first place.

The game has not even been out a month. You really think they did the entire Spec Ops campaign in a month? This was completed long ago, they just left it out. This is what Capcom does. They have been for several years now. I am honestly very suprised we did not have to pay to play the versus mode. They did that for RE5(That was on the disc, just locked).

The game has not even been out a month. You really think they did the entire Spec Ops campaign in a month? This was completed long ago, they just left it out. This is what Capcom does. They have been for several years now. I am honestly very suprised we did not have to pay to play the versus mode. They did that for RE5(That was on the disc, just locked).

Incorrect. Your arrogance on this subject is not surprising, though - despite popular theory, they did not use any unlock code DLC on RE5. That all spiraled out of IGN claiming Versus wasn't worth the money as it offered no NEW content that wasn't already on the disc. That's true and the reason why the small title update and small download were all that was needed - they simply added menus and functionality but all assets (character models, levels, and weapons) were being pulled from the disc. The mode, itself, was NOT on the disc as confirmed by the leaked disc files pre-release. Research some of this before following the crowd and making inaccurate claims.

Secondly, no - it did not take a month. The fact that you'd think that's what I meant shows how little you know about game development... do you also believe the game was finished the month it was released? Because I can guarantee you it wasn't. Games take a lot of time to make but also have a window in which they MUST be completed to pass submission and be burned, packaged, and shipped to stores. The DLC was likely started as the main project was getting ready to (or after) submit. Which would have been around three months ago at least. The basic structure of the game (and all these models) were already made. DLC does NOT take that long to throw together when the basic code for the game is done and submission is much less time since they can pass submission and release digitally the next week.

So, no - this was not completed "long ago". The fact that you suggest that and still thought RE5 Versus was "on the disc" DLC just proves more to me how little you know about this topic. I don't mean to be a jerk but it is annoying when people that know nothing of the topic feel the need to argue it as if they have all these "facts".

Edited by DeltaKappaEcho

Does anyone here have any sources on what they are saying? Either showing Capcom is holding material or isn't? A lot of insinuations here, with no evidence.

What is known is Capcom has said they had locked characters on the disc of Tekken v Street Fighter(Someone actually lodged a BBB complaint against them), and now Bandai Namco is using this to their advantage. I think people are just assuming they have done this for other games.

I would not be surprised if companies are developing their DLC at the same time as the main game(Probably cheaper for the voice actor costs), but besides the one Tekken v Streetfighter case, I don't think it has been shown to be done.

Edited by Zombiedrd

As it stands - the game was reviewed based on what was released. Not future content. What was in the final game, was the final game. Nothing "should" have to be in the game when they never told us that it would be. It's an EXTRA. It's unnecessary.

In what realm of imagination is a product final because a review has been made? A review has no baring on the completeness of a product, ever, not even in medical trials. Hell, in most cases the review build of a game is even a good few months off from the version that will be pressed. A review is nothing more than a person or group's opinion on something they've experianced, reading any more into it than that is not rational.

Moving on, I find it awesome you call this DLC "extra" as well as "unnecessary". The two words go well together in that extra material is often also unnecessary and as such, tossed away or left unused. That simplifies DLC very much to what it is. If it's unnecessary then why is it even there to begin with? If it was worth being a part of the game then isn't releasing it now instead of it being a part of the base game akin to them releasing, to consumers, a game they (Capcom/SlantSix in this instance) thought to be incomplete, or if you're head just turned red with fury, let's use the word "subpar"? Are you OK being sold a subpar product, all the while the seller is counting your hard earned money to the bank? I know I wouldn't buy a car without a muffler or any item that is standard for a modern new car to come with, at full price. I don't care what excuse they gave me.

You see the now beloved DLC model is very different from the model of old, expansion packs. Back in the day this stuff modern gamers refer to as "DLC" used to be free content delivered to us in a patch. Because it was unnecessary, because it wasn't meaningful in anyway, it wasn't worth selling to us, but it was worth giving to us as a token of generosity for our support; for us to keep playing their game and keep buying their products. Expansion packs were actual meaningful add-ons. They continued a story, expanded the lore and world into things that would likely not be written as "one-offs", but would contribute to the growing of a game. They most always often held content worthy of their price tag as well. So forgive people that hate DLC; they're either tired of getting nickled and dimed to complete their $60 game, or they're not happy as a consumer as to what their precious hobby's industry has turned in to.

In the end neither you nor the people who dislike and discredit DLC are completely wrong. It's like having an opinion.

It does not alter the game in such a way that it was required in the first place or is even required now. You like the game? Hey, guess what - we want to give you more asap without you having to wait 6 months to two years for a re-issue or sequel!
You have to admit the timing is very poor. The way I see it, this game was very subpar. If they use the excuse of, "well, one team finished their work and instead of sending them home we found a use for them!" (the usual early release to day 1 DLC excuse) then I think, well, since the game is subpar, could it have been better if these people were distributed to other areas, at the very least, to some form of extra quality control? Extra, unnecessary content be damned, I want a base that's good, not a game that's eventually decent 6-7 months later and after having spent another $20-30.

Later content releases (some months after release) do not fall under this accusation as often. It's quite obvious the studio, at this point, thought they gave it their all and are now trying to further enhance or prolong the experience.

I would not be surprised if companies are developing their DLC at the same time as the main game(Probably cheaper for the voice actor costs), but besides the one Tekken v Streetfighter case, I don't think it has been shown to be done.

It's been proven on so many occasions I can't believe people would bother to defend Capcom on it anymore. Here's a listing for you, Google at will: Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode, MvC3 characters (Jill and two other I believe, at least her and one other), UMvC3 even releasing for one, and doing it again for two, of course the SFxTekken deal, and then possibly the worst of all (though in no relation to DLC) in order to prevent used games sales of RE: Mercs 3D they made the save files 100% permanent and each cartridge can only have the one allotted file. The whole DLC thing is really the tap that cracked the egg shell with Capcom, there is much more to all this anger with them than that.

And you can bet your tail most all DLC is at least being planned during the base development cycle. People are eating it up, so for them it's easy money. They can give you only what you need in the base, the bare minimum to get you by (which is proving to be decreasing), then get even more out of you at a later date. It's just smart business decisions since the massive will buy it. Not only that, but DLC is often seen as an obligation to people. I know I hate it when I own a game and there is more content to it than I have, it's not complete. This is a psychological notion you can bet they're very much aware of and using to their advantage, which again, is just good business.

Edited by Strid

People just like to complain for the sake of complaining - AGAIN, I stress that NOTHING of this DLC (and yes, one lengthy mission, even a short one, qualifies as DLC - even guns or skins for games qualify as ADDITIONAL CONTENT) was mandatory or HAD to be a included in the main game.

And AGAIN, as even others have stated, they said ONE chapter would be free. I think you misread or misheard from someone that a whole secondary Campaign would be free - but that's absurd. It still costs money to finish this content. Perhaps you don't know how DLC works but it has a separate budget from the main game and is worked on by different people with lower priorities (unless they're trying to get it out on the same day).

This is not some money grab and they aren't trying to rip people off or get cash for RE6 (which has been in development for sometime in house) - if you are upset that you have to pay less than half (1/3rd actually) what you paid for the main game for something that will nearly double the amount of content then simply don't buy it.

But stop complaining about how you're being screwed or how "it should have been there from the beginning" because it simply shows your lack of knowledge on this topic and comes off as being unappreciative. What was on the final release could EASILY have been all the content - it's not written somewhere that the Spec Ops needed their own Campaign because they didn't.

This is an extra feature that was finished after the main game. If you want it, you have to pay for it as they didn't just make it magically without spending any cash. And nowhere did Capcom say otherwise despite what you think.

In the past if you wanted extra content to a game you waited for the full priced sequel or the often full priced re-release on a different system.

Aww you beat me to it! lol

Nicely worded =)

But too right, people spend their lives creating games, they spend their hours to release DLC after the game's release. And people like the OP expect it to be free and "included on the game disk". Ok OP, how about you go to work and do it for nothing, see how long you last with no pay.

On the box it clearly states "FREE Spec Ops Mission 1 DLC" even with a date and even then it came out a day earlier!

But to the point, did it say "FREE Spec Ops Campaign"? No, no it did not.

Learn to read and stop whining about a subject you cannot even comprehend, just jumping on the shoulda, woulda, coulda brigade that is non educated numpties who know nothing about the games industry.

p.s the content wasn't on the disk ;)

Welcome to Capcom. They release 1/4 of characters for a fighting game and make you pay for the other 3/4ths locked on the disc. They cut the ending out of Azuma's wrath and make you pay for it. Welcome to Capcom/

The ending of Azuma's Wraith seemed fine to me. In fact, I would prefer that remain the end until a sequel - not DLC. And I don't think there has ever been 3/4th of a fighting game roster appear as DLC...

Some people are just overly dramatic about things they don't even need.

Asura's Wrath. Learn your titles!

Does anyone here have any sources on what they are saying? Either showing Capcom is holding material or isn't? A lot of insinuations here, with no evidence.

What is known is Capcom has said they had locked characters on the disc of Tekken v Street Fighter(Someone actually lodged a BBB complaint against them), and now Bandai Namco is using this to their advantage. I think people are just assuming they have done this for other games.

I can't actually source how game development works lol - you can find the Resident Evil 5 leaked code from when the demo was released I'm sure and it proved what content was on the disc (every map, mission, weapon, and mode - including Mercs) but had no code work for Versus (the PC version released down the line does even though it was never supported for PC).

In what realm of imagination is a product final because a review has been made? A review has no baring on the completeness of a product, ever, not even in medical trials. Hell, in most cases the review build of a game is even a good few months off from the version that will be pressed. A review is nothing more than a person or group's opinion on something they've experianced, reading any more into it than that is not rational.

A review a few months before? Are you sure you know what a review is and aren't confusing it with "Hand On Preview"? And no - that isn't what makes it a final product but it IS the final product that gets reviewed. I mention reviews because the score any game gets will not change based on DLC. Because that is NOT considered a part of the final game. DLC gets reviewed on it's own merit as a standalone.

Moving on, I find it awesome you call this DLC "extra" as well as "unnecessary". The two words go well together in that extra material is often also unnecessary and as such, tossed away or left unused. That simplifies DLC very much to what it is. If it's unnecessary then why is it even there to begin with? If it was worth being a part of the game then isn't releasing it now instead of it being a part of the base game akin to them releasing, to consumers, a game they (Capcom/SlantSix in this instance) thought to be incomplete, or if you're head just turned red with fury, let's use the word "subpar"? Are you OK being sold a subpar product, all the while the seller is counting your hard earned money to the bank? I know I wouldn't buy a car without a muffler or any item that is standard for a modern new car to come with, at full price. I don't care what excuse they gave me.
You misunderstand what I mean by unnecessary and extra. My statement was CLEARLY relating to the overall game and plot. Frankly, I find the DLC campaign to be more enjoyable because I was never rooting for the enemy team or cared too much about their plot. So I LOVE this extra. But I see it as simply that. An extra. It hasn't altered the events of the main game - it just adds replayability to a game I thought was entertaining. A fresh new feature. But, no, I did not need it. I did not ask for it. Nor is Capcom this Big Bad that is forcing me to buy it. In fact - they're the opposite because they gave a free sample to persuade me that I may enjoy it.

As for it even being released - it does benefit the players who want more, Capcom who wants to provide more (and, yes, make money - they're a business), and the people that developed it who remain on a project when they may not have another lined up.

You see the now beloved DLC model is very different from the model of old, expansion packs. Back in the day this stuff modern gamers refer to as "DLC" used to be free content delivered to us in a patch. Because it was unnecessary, because it wasn't meaningful in anyway, it wasn't worth selling to us, but it was worth giving to us as a token of generosity for our support; for us to keep playing their game and keep buying their products. Expansion packs were actual meaningful add-ons. They continued a story, expanded the lore and world into things that would likely not be written as "one-offs", but would contribute to the growing of a game. They most always often held content worthy of their price tag as well. So forgive people that hate DLC; they're either tired of getting nickled and dimed to complete their $60 game, or they're not happy as a consumer as to what their precious hobby's industry has turned in to.
If that's how YOU referred to DLC then you have simply been wrong. A patch is a patch (or Title Update). "Back in the day" as you said - DLC was delivered in Special Editions or re-releases on different platforms that may cost a bit less or cost the same amount as the first release. Sure, some times a game patch would add something new to appease fans but that was few and far between. People complained about SFIV getting released a second time on disc like that was a new thing - lol!

In the end neither you nor the people who dislike and discredit DLC are completely wrong. It's like having an opinion.

Actually, no - people that discredit DLC and claim it's content left off the disc are wrong unless they, for a fact, worked on it or someone has actually stated that because anything else is just an assumption. I'm not making assumptions - I know the industry. Sure, there are bad eggs out there but DLC isn't the devil. THIS VERY CONTENT shouldn't have been included from the start as some here claim. It's an extra. People need to stop crying about being given an option to get more.

You have to admit the timing is very poor. The way I see it, this game was very subpar. If they use the excuse of, "well, one team finished their work and instead of sending them home we found a use for them!" (the usual early release to day 1 DLC excuse) then I think, well, since the game is subpar, could it have been better if these people were distributed to other areas, at the very least, to some form of extra quality control? Extra, unnecessary content be damned, I want a base that's good, not a game that's eventually decent 6-7 months later and after having spent another $20-30.

I agree that to a common user it may seem like poor timing but for most games - you want to release content when it's still fresh. Not 6 months later. Especially if the community isn't as supportive of it. Love or hate RE5, this game is not a numbered RE game and can't pull people back a year later like RE5 did. I feel bad for how many hours they must've put in to get this DLC out asap and it's still too late as some stores have dropped the price of the game to $40.

Furthermore, as mentioned above - when a game is done, it's done. If they don't start working on DLC during the final game submission, majority of staff is moved off it. There are games released with bugs that will never get addressed in Title Updates because the staff was done with the project and moved off or laid off. DLC keeps people on the project and keeps people hitting up the issues that maybe they didn't encounter when they were making it but was encountered enough by the common user that they can now take the time to fix and roll it out as part of the patch with the DLC. That's VERY common these days. It is not common to move people off a game completely and then move them back post-release for extra content or fixes. That's not how it works.

Later content releases (some months after release) do not fall under this accusation as often. It's quite obvious the studio, at this point, thought they gave it their all and are now trying to further enhance or prolong the experience.

They're trying to keep it fresh before it dies. Is that bad of them?

Edited by DeltaKappaEcho

It's been proven on so many occasions I can't believe people would bother to defend Capcom on it anymore. Here's a listing for you, Google at will: Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode, MvC3 characters (Jill and two other I believe, at least her and one other), UMvC3 even releasing for one, and doing it again for two, of course the SFxTekken deal, and then possibly the worst of all (though in no relation to DLC) in order to prevent used games sales of RE: Mercs 3D they made the save files 100% permanent and each cartridge can only have the one allotted file. The whole DLC thing is really the tap that cracked the egg shell with Capcom, there is much more to all this anger with them than that.

And you can bet your tail most all DLC is at least being planned during the base development cycle. People are eating it up, so for them it's easy money. They can give you only what you need in the base, the bare minimum to get you by (which is proving to be decreasing), then get even more out of you at a later date. It's just smart business decisions since the massive will buy it. Not only that, but DLC is often seen as an obligation to people. I know I hate it when I own a game and there is more content to it than I have, it's not complete. This is a psychological notion you can bet they're very much aware of and using to their advantage, which again, is just good business.

Resident Evil 5 Versus was not on the disc. Rather than google other people complaining over something they know nothing about -why don't you actually research it? As I said the code of the game was leaked before launch - search RE5 demo code spoilers and you'll likely find it (OR read above posts where I explained that this was all blown out of proportion by a statement IGN incorrectly made and later even corrected - that mode is NOT on the disc).

MvC3 and SFxTKN DO have DLC character models on the disc but they aren't properly balanced and it is done so if I bought them and you didn't we could still fight in a match together without you having to do a big download (as is the case with Dead Rising 2's costume packs). Your failure at researching is only furthering my point that people like to complain to complain, even when they have no clue what they're talking about.

And yes - the RE Mercs 3DS "fiasco"... remind me... what's the problem with that? Were you planning to buy it used? I wasn't. This had NO impact on me. Used games may benefit some but they DON'T benefit the publisher or developer. Yes, Capcom put in a feature to try and kill used game sales of that title. I'm fine with that. New systems are rumored to be doing the same thing and I, personally, agree with it. Why? Because when I bought L.A. Noire on release day I saw a sign to trade it in to GameStop for $25... less than half what I just paid for it. They will then sell it for $54.99 - that's over 100% profit for GameStop being nothing more than a middle man. They rip off everyone that sells and buys used games from them but people are too arrogant to see that (or simply feel they have no other options - for that, well that just sucks). So if you want to complain about that, I'll find the world's smallest violin - you aren't getting any sympathy over that argument.

-----

I had to make an adjustment above because I bypassed a few of your statements on accident and was short on time. Feel free to continue this discussion but do so with some additional research or explain why it's "so bad" for everyone. It's only an annoyance to the people that don't understand the industry and THINK they're being ripped off.

Edited by DeltaKappaEcho

I can't actually source how game development works lol - you can find the Resident Evil 5 leaked code from when the demo was released I'm sure and it proved what content was on the disc (every map, mission, weapon, and mode - including Mercs) but had no code work for Versus (the PC version released down the line does even though it was never supported for PC).

No but you are making insinuations that the DLC content is not developed at the same time as the main game. Others are saying it is and they hold it back.

Can you show that you are right, or is this just something you know?

@ tigerII and Deltakappaecho.Guys the game is ASURAS wrath. And TigerII the DLC has nothing to do with the ending of the game out of the 2 chapters i have downloaded, and come on mate they r only 160msp

Not everyone has the ability to get DLC. For most of the world, a credit card of some type is required. Plus, if they did cut the ending for content(I have no idea, never even heard of the game), that sets a bad precedent for future games. As everything thing else in the world, the costs of gaming will only rise in the future(Resources, bla, bla).

I think what a lot of the anti-DLC stems from is that before the days of DLC, all the little extras, weapons, costumes, etc. were added into games for free as bonus content. Beat game on hard, or this way, etc. This game in particular had bonuses, but you had to pre-order the limited edition. I think people just miss the times of when gaming was not yet a multi-billion dollar industry(Waaaay back in the day).

Edited by Zombiedrd