Worst Game Everyone Played

Carmona

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVP is not the worst game everyone played for sure. My personal worst game is Left For Dead, but it was released way back at 2008, and I DON'T think L4D was up to this kind of award either!

I'll score at least 65/100 for it, and as a fan of Aliens (the movie), I'll give additional 5 points to make it 70/100. AVP does bring out a big part of the world of the original Sci-Fi horror movie (especially in the Marine campaign), but in low-resolution which is the most significant down side (I play 360 version, maybe it is better in PC).

The control is not the best, but it's not bad neither. Anyway, it's an OKAY game. :)

AVP is not the worst game everyone played for sure. My personal worst game is Left For Dead, but it was released way back at 2008, and I DON'T think L4D was up to this kind of award either!

I'll score at least 65/100 for it, and as a fan of Aliens (the movie), I'll give additional 5 points to make it 70/100. AVP does bring out a big part of the world of the original Sci-Fi horror movie (especially in the Marine campaign), but in low-resolution which is the most significant down side (I play 360 version, maybe it is better in PC).

The control is not the best, but it's not bad neither. Anyway, it's an OKAY game. :)

Thats your opinion on L4D...overall most people loved that game (including myself)....while this game a majority hated it.

With that said..I just rebought this game on an impulse for $9 including shipping on eBay...I really want to try and beat the campaigns on Nighmare...but now that I have it I am avoiding it....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have only touched the multilayer Demo and I've been looking forward to finally playing this game but I honestly think the Marine was useless online!

Just wow...how do you think the Marine was useless? A lot of people who using Predator or Alien underestimated how useful Marine is for online multiplayer because they think Marine is a easy kill which is not true. I have used Marine for online multiplayer all the time and pretty much everyone who dont use Marine against me and my team, they go after me but they ended up dead, lol. So far, Marine is my favorite and I used it frequently and always had highest kills on my team against other team. They end up pissed off and quit during the match. You gotta to learn and get hang of using Marine, it takes awhile to learn how to be a Marine.

Anyways, Gamespot, and IGN known to be paid by publishers to rate it a good 8-9/10 so what do you expect? This is why I dont ever listen to any professional game reviews. Only words to mouth, user reviews, or my friends that I would listen to especially giving any games a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I was ready for this game to blow me away, but was a bit dissapointed. I love the Alien, and Predator films (not so much the AvP films!!) but this game just seemed like 3 mediocre games crammed onto one disc to make one big mediocre game. I ended up borrowing it from a friend, and was preparing for the worst, but got mediocre :)

This game was absolutely horrible. I don't understand how anyone can say this game was good. If u think this game was fun, then I feel very sorry for u. This is how I came to my conclusion - I paid less than $11 (S&H included) for this game and u know what??? I FEEL TOTALLY RIPPED OFF - yes...it was that bad.

again, I wasn't saying this was the worst game ever (Superman Returns, Power Gig and Bionic Commando come to mind) but more the most over-hyped disappointment.

Yes, Bionic Commando was bad - but no where even remotely close to how bad this game was. I actually had a little bit of fun swinging around the world in Bionic Commando - I can honestly say that the only fun part about this game was when I finished it and moved onto something that didn't totally suck.

Edited by Mellow Tha Pro

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, Bionic Commando was bad - but no where even remotely close to how bad this game was. I actually had a little bit of fun swinging around the world in Bionic Commando - I can honestly say that the only fun part about this game was when I finished it and moved onto something that didn't totally suck.

LOL...this game was pretty bad...still not the worst of all time.

• 1 month later...
The game is up for that award from Gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of-2010/dubious-honors/index.html?page=3

I really wanted this game to be great (I preordered it and everything) and was let down.

well it didn't win. i thought it had until i looked at that website. final fantasy was miles ahead, just look at the results.

i've just finished playing aliens vs. predator and i thought it was okay. they are all the same aren't they? at least visually? i will admit the game forced me to cheat by automatically aiming and nearer the end of the predator campaign, my health bar would regenerate without using health shards. i would have rather played honourably and win fair and square without this cheating that went on. i did use a walkthrough for the predator campaign because i got stuck in areas such as the part when you have to put out the fire with retardant to progress because i couldn't find the pipe to break to release it.

the jungle mission had me in awe when i first saw it. the rays of light, the trees, the water... mind blowing. i think that was my favourite part in all three campaigns and out of the whole game.

i didn't like how there were so many boss fights at the end of the marine and predator campaign, it was annoying. using the kombi stick as predator nearer the end of the campaign kicked ass.

when you read or hear that movie tie in games suck, don't believe it. this game will restore your faith in them and anyway, this is one of the good ones. an extremely violent game too and i take what i said back about it not, although i could have been joking and surprise someone who thought it wasn't after what i said and went out and bought it.

i paid thirty dollars new zealand for this game and that was new. thirty dollars isn't alot of money in new zealand compared to the united states. i bought my copy online and when you do that, you save.

well it didn't win. i thought it had until i looked at that website. final fantasy was miles ahead, just look at the results.

i've just finished playing aliens vs. predator and i thought it was okay. they are all the same aren't they? at least visually? i will admit the game forced me to cheat by automatically aiming and nearer the end of the predator campaign, my health bar would regenerate without using health shards. i would have rather played honourably and win fair and square without this cheating that went on. i did use a walkthrough for the predator campaign because i got stuck in areas such as the part when you have to put out the fire with retardant to progress because i couldn't find the pipe to break to release it.

the jungle mission had me in awe when i first saw it. the rays of light, the trees, the water... mind blowing. i think that was my favourite part in all three campaigns and out of the whole game.

i didn't like how there were so many boss fights at the end of the marine and predator campaign, it was annoying. using the kombi stick as predator nearer the end of the campaign kicked ass.

when you read or hear that movie tie in games suck, don't believe it. this game will restore your faith in them and anyway, this is one of the good ones. an extremely violent game too and i take what i said back about it not, although i could have been joking and surprise someone who thought it wasn't after what i said and went out and bought it.

i paid thirty dollars new zealand for this game and that was new. thirty dollars isn't alot of money in new zealand compared to the united states. i bought my copy online and when you do that, you save.

I continue to be amazed at some of your posts....you're all over the place.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though I haven't completed the Alien side of the campaign, I have to say this game is full of fun and has great atmosphere especially on the Marine's aspect. I'm not a huge AVP fan, but this game is great! I ignore reviews and instead review it myself. I'm just disappointed they didn't add more depth into the campaign. Hopefully, when they do make an AVP2, it will match the hype it received. Overall, money well spent. Especially when you can get this cheap around 15$ US.