Series Discussion

Whilst we wait for the great game to come out (and while most of us are individually getting our Halo on:woop:), I figured I like to start an open discussion about the manga and the series in general.

I'm alway interested to hear about how people came across the Naruto Universe (Narutoverse, Naruniverse .... blah). I'd liek to hear how some of you found the series and which was the character that immediately hooked you.

Also I'd like to talk about the manga as it updates because I love exchanging the happenings week by week with friends and fans, but in order to avoid spoilers, I might just set up another thread just on that (and in order to tie it to video games, since this IS a gaming website, how what is happening now will effect the future Ninja Storm 3).

So I'll go first.

I was reccommended Naruto by a friend. He was foaming out the mouth talking about chakra and moves and styles and ninja arts... it made my head hurt. I watched 3 episodes and wasn't impressed with it too much. I continued to watch and even skipped a few episodes until blam! ... Chunnin exam. I was hooked when I randomly watched the Lee vs Gaara fight. It was so detailed and brutal and well animated (the first ep of the fight) that I went back and caught up. I showed my wife a few episodes and she and I have been watching ever since (even though she takes 6 month breaks to watch all of them nonstop:p).

So what do you think?

What are your stories?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. I think I came across Naruto when it use to be on cartoon network and then I watched all the anime and started reading the manga and I fricking LOVE THE SHOW.

The manga is badass but the anime when its done right is so superb. When jiraiya died I teared up. I teared up when Naruto came back to Konoho after beating Pain. I hate crying or tearing up but i am so into Naruto that it resonates with me :p

I still think the best part of the anime was the Sasuke rescue arc fights from Choji til the end.

Neji''s fight was one of my favorites. I hope to see him finally in shippuuden

Started watching Naruto on fox kids (i think it was that channel anyway). They ended so i was sad. Then a few years later i find a website with up to date episodes, i was so happy. I watched all the ones i missed and was up to date. I couldnt wait to get home to watch it.

When i had finished the main story (i didnt watch the fillers after that) i heard of a new series called Shippuden.

I watched the first few episodes and i jizzed in my pants... not literally ofcourse. That would just be wierd >_>

After the three tails arc (the turtle) i started reading the manga and read about a hundred chapters in a few days. You could say i liked it :p

I dont watch the anime much anymore, i did recently go back and watch the Naruto vs. Pain fight and i loved it. Im just going to check in every month or so just to see if there are anymore epic fights.

Thats my story, if you want to know more you can purchase my Autobiography: "My life as a Pervy Ninja".

Thats my story, if you want to know more you can purchase my Autobiography: "My life as a Pervy Ninja".

I purchased it and what a load of rubbish. No panty shots and the story was rubbish. I'd rather go back to Make Out Paradise. :p

Anyway, I started by reading the manga around August 2005. The only manga I had read at that point was DB/DBZ, and I heard a lot of good things about Naruto from all over the internet.

Picked up the first volume, and I thought it was very good but I still wasn't 100% sold. But I was surprised with all the substitution justus because, at that point, I hadn't seen anything like it before.

The second volume, with the introduction of Zabuza and his fight with Kakashi, is what completely sold the series for me. I was blown away by that fight. From that point on, I started collecting the rest of the books and started really getting into the Naruto franchise.

For me, volume 4 made me tear up a bit when Zabuza and Haku died. :(

I watched the first part of Naruto (eps 1-133) in 2006/2007, which was really well done but not as good as the manga for me.

I skipped the two-year filler and begun watching Shippuden, but I lost interest in the anime up to around 40 episodes in. Not that well animated and the pacing was horrible. It might have the occasional good episode, but it can't hold a candle to the manga in my view.

So far, I have collected every volume released in English format, which is up to volume 48. It's the biggest series I own in my manga collection. :eek: :p

I don't remember when I started liking Naruto but I do remember it was seeing Kakashi in the Manga for the first time that sold me.

I have read all the manga to date and seen all the episodes in original Japanese and subbed.

I own all the Japanese manga to date and all the released to date English editions as well as the first 53 episodes in full english (not dubbed). Naruto always has been and always will be my fav anime next to Trinity Blood and Black Cat.

You have up to volume 52?

:eek:

Can I come....

[spoiler=pedobear4you]

...to your house and see them? Ku ku ku ku.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/nfforums/NF%20smilies/2z7exox.png

Mebbe....

[spoiler=wolfmountshisVictims]

...we could work out an arrangement in which certain favors are exchanged...

:D

One of my ex girlfriends when I was still in high school watched the anime and I did the basic "Believe it" jokes that everyone who hates the anime says and she defended it by saying that that idiocy wasn't in the anime subs or the manga, and she had no idea why the English dubs put that crap in there.

Then when I got to college there were a group of people at work who talked about it a lot and so two summers ago I decided to see what all the fuss was about and started watching the subs on a few websites.

I wouldn't say I'm hooked necessarily, but I do try to watch it regularly (when there aren't stupid filler episodes, because I just skip those) and enjoy most of the fight scenes. Don't really know most of the characters names, nor do I care to, but I can generally recognize them when I see them in the context of the show and there are a group of characters to choose from (pick the face that matches the name game, as it were). Not that it really matters to me because IMO there are only like four good characters in the whole bloody show and the rest can just move to the side so that those guys can get more screen time.

So yeah, I won't fight to defend its honor but I will say that the dubs are crap and everyone should watch the subs and only the subs. Also extremely glad that most Naruto games have the option of both English and Japanese, like they know the English version is crap.

The best would be to explain it in a few steps.

1. Started watching the Anime when it was on German TV (oh my god)

2. Started to play the games

3. My friend showed me a good site to watch the japanese version up to date with english subs.

4. I started to collect the mangas, there are 46 out in Germany.

5. I found mangastream.com and started reading the japanese manga.

6. I became a Naruto Freak and cosplayed for the first time. lol

But Bleach is still the best anime in the world! :p

same as mine,

1. Started watching the Anime on TV

2. started to collect a few mangas

3. i found a site (japenese with eng sub)

4. Started to play games

5. I soon after became obsessed because of the 4 tail's fox coolness.

Agrees that bleach is good anime, the only animes i watch are naruto and bleach xD

I have every manga and episode of naruto....on my computer ^^

I got all of bleach too.

Naruto by far owns bleach. Bleach has not been very good until this most recent chapter with the final getsuga. That is Epic. The espada were a huge let down.

With all the Hype of Vasto Lordes. I wonder if they will ever show any.

I got all of bleach too.

Naruto by far owns bleach. Bleach has not been very good until this most recent chapter with the final getsuga. That is Epic. The espada were a huge let down.

I don't want to turn this into a Bleach vs Naruto debate on here, as I enjoy both the manga, but at no point would I say that Naruto totally owns Bleach, or vice versa. Fans complained when Hidan and Kakuzu were beaten because they were very popular characters.

The Espada were a let down (minus a few) just like some of the Akatsuki because we, the fans, hyped them up too much.

And it is now confirmed that...

[spoiler=vastlordes]

1-4 Espada were Vasto Lordes. Nothing more to see.

Edited by Takamura Bear

I got all of bleach too.

Bleach really picked it up from the weak fillers before the Ulquirra (sp dammit?) fight. Just nonstop fighting for like 30 eps. The espada weren't that much of a letdown- just no one was as cool as Grimmjow lol

Cool to see everyone's origin stories, as it were. Two questions to keep this going.

CoregBlue1- who did you cosplay as?

And for everyone- Bleach is going to be mentioned. What are everyone's five animes? In order or not. I saw TG Wolf mention Trinity Blood, an anime that reminded me too much of Hellsing. I couldn't really get into it. If it gets any better after the 4-5th episode, I'm willing to retry it.

Well then, here's my list (in no particular order). I have two lists actually- one of the new age animes- the ones I watch now as an adult- and the classic list that put me onto the genre in the first place.

New Age

Naruto

Bleach

FLCL

Samurai Champloo

Soul Eater

Classics

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Akira

Ninja Scrolls

Gundam (Wing and the one I think was called the G series? The gundams that fought representing a country and the main gundam had a shining finger attack?)

DBZ- Cell to Buu Saga (which I own in its entirety)

Bleach

FLCL

I don't want to turn this into a Bleach vs Naruto debate on here, as I enjoy both the manga, but at no point would I say that Naruto totally owns Bleach, or vice versa. Fans complained when Hidan and Kakuzu were beaten because they were very popular characters.

The Espada were a let down (minus a few) just like some of the Akatsuki because we, the fans, hyped them up too much.

And it is now confirmed that...

[spoiler=vastlordes]

1-4 Espada were Vasto Lordes. Nothing more to see.

where was it confirmed?

My Favorite Animes in order

1. Naruto

2. Bleach

3. FMA Brotherhood

My favorite classics are

DBZ - it got me into anime

Trigun

Cowboy Bebop

Gundam Wing

My fav. animes in no particular order:

• Naruto
  • Bleach
  • Black Cat
  • Trinity Blood
  • Le Chevalier De Leon
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • Soul Eater
  • Death Note: Revision

And some ppl will recognize these titles xD: ;););)

• Bible Black
  • Spotlight
  • Maple Colors
  • Prof. Shino's Lessons in Seduction
  • Anyone You Can Do I Can Do Better
  • etc.

They're not technically anime but they are good :p

lol wolf which on of the 3 arcs of bible black u on about?

back on topic thought I first saw Naruto ono Fox Kids in the Uk up to the end of the first chunnin exam. Then last year i thought lets see what has happened in naruto and then watched most of pre time skip in like three days (except for the end fillers) Then watched Shippuden up until Asuma i think and i've watched it when the new episodes are on.

The only other anime/cartoon show I watch is Pokemon (and thats only the first 5 seasons.)

Started watching Naruto on cartoon network. I actually thought it was stupid and I'd flip right passed the channel. Until one day I couldn't find the remote and got stuck watching the chuunin exams. Sasuke vs Orochimaru sold me on the whole series. I started looking for more and came across the subs and manga. Manga is by far superior to the anime.

List of mangas I've read and still read:

Naruto

Bleach

Psyren*

Yu Yu Hakusho

Veritas**

The Breaker**

Samurai Shamploo

* Great underrated manga, read if you're a manga buff. TRUST me you won't be dissapointed.

** These are acutually Manwhas - Korean version of mangas. The Breaker is a must read, Veritas is good but hard to follow. There are alot of Characters.

I finished naurto and it was sweet then i found out there is going to be this game i thought shit i best watch ship so, so far ive watched up to 160 in a week ;) and im blown away like i cant believe what happened to J**** and K**** jesus i wanted to cry :( so yeah i wanna finish it this week i mean i just want naruto back to defend the village SAGE MODE BABY ! :)

Sage Mode while cool was kinda fail for Naruto since he did just use his powers of persuasion in the end. All SM did was help Naruto survive against Pain.

Naruto would have died without sage. It wasnt fail at all.

On top of that Sage Mode allowed Naruto to whoop the shit out of Kyuubi.

Also, without Sage Mode Naruto wouldnt have been able to throw RasenShuriken :D

Sage Mode is the shit still

My fav. animes in no particular order:

• Naruto
  • Bleach
  • Black Cat
  • Trinity Blood
  • Le Chevalier De Leon
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • Soul Eater
  • Death Note: Revision

And some ppl will recognize these titles xD: ;););)

• Bible Black
  • Spotlight
  • Maple Colors
  • Prof. Shino's Lessons in Seduction
  • Anyone You Can Do I Can Do Better
  • etc.

They're not technically anime but they are good :p

Bible black.... you get a MEGA high five!

I started watching Naruto way back in the day probably when it first started, a friend of mine told me about it and i decided to check it out.

From there on i was playing the games and reading the manga..

List of my fav anime:

Naruto

Bleach

One piece

Gurren Lagaan

Soul Eater

Full Metal Alchemist and FMA brotherhood

FLCL

Old Pokemon (yes old as in the first 151)

Digimon (seasons 1-4 only)

DBZ

and many more....

Edited by Oogie Boogie