Rockstar asks UK retailers not to ship the game until 16th September

Crimson Ridley

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=582288

Great. Anyone who lives in the UK has been burned by the Royal Mail at some point or another. Their delivery service is shit, and now online retailers such as GAME and Amazon will not be sending any games out until the day before release? Fucking brilliant, Rockstar. Thank you so much...

I can guarantee that there will be a lot of disappointed gamers come launch day because Royal Mail cannot keep up with demand, and will struggle to process all of these orders in ONE FUCKING DAY! They should be sending these games out on the 13th, so that they could definitely process every order, not the day before.

Why they've only asked UK retailers, I've no idea. I haven't yet receieved the email, but many members in that thread have, and have supplied pictures. I'm sure I'll get it in due time, and get pissed off all over again.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't they stick to their legal documents and fine the store(s) a large sum for each copy sold? I remember here in AUS, K Mart was fined something like $1000 for each copy of Fable II sold before it was supposed to be sold.

It's a joke. They ask, they request, they don't listen and they get away with it.

It's inevitable. Someone will ship early.

Why don't they stick to their legal documents and fine the store(s) a large sum for each copy sold? I remember here in AUS, K Mart was fined something like $1000 for each copy of Fable II sold before it was supposed to be sold.

It's a joke. They ask, they request, they don't listen and they get away with it.

It's inevitable. Someone will ship early.

I can see ShopTo shipping early, because they offer free credit if you don't get it by release, but GAME are the biggest brown nosers in the game retail industry that if Rockstar asked them to jump, they'd ask "how high?". Unfortunately, due to GAME's persistence in getting exclusive editions and content, I had to order with them to get the edition I desired.

EDIT: Apparently EB Games is doing the same thing for you guys, but I can't confirm.

Edited by Crimson Ridley

Good ol' human interaction for me so this shouldn't bother me thankfully, although I completely understand where Rockstar's coming from. Sucks for everyone else.

I'll still be going to the midnight launch. I absolutely have to have the game the earliest moment that I can, that I've made an additional pre-order for the PS3 version to play until my SE Xbox 360 version arrives, at which point I'll either return or sell the PS3 version.

I'm backwards. Sue me. :p

However, in light of this news, I may see if my local shop still has any SE pre-orders available, and cancel my website order. There's pretty much no chance of getting the game a day early now, so I may as well just pick it up at midnight.

I have my CE ordered with ShopTo. Now we know they deliver early because they know RM is a little iffy. Though on occasions where the maker asks them for a release day only delivery, they abide by it.

Saying that, I'm holding out that as I have the CE and it'll be box based, it'll go out early. I'd also think that maybe the sensible thing is to send the game out early - from all retailers.

The RM will get flooded because of the amount of people who have brought this game so the day early could help. With all the games being posted, I think it'll take time to process and get them all sent out.

Great. Anyone who lives in the UK has been burned by the Royal Mail at some point or another. Their delivery service is shit, and now online retailers such as GAME and Amazin will not be sending any games out until the day before release? Fucking brilliant, Rockstar. Thank you so much...

I can guarantee that there will be a lot of disappointed gamers come launch day because Royal Mail cannot keep up with demand, and will struggle to process all of these orders in ONE FUCKING DAY! They should be sending these games out on the 13th, so that they could definitely process every order, not the day before.

Why they've only asked UK retailers, I've no idea. I haven't yet receieved the email, but many members in that thread have, and have supplied pictures. I'm sure I'll get it in due time, and get pissed off all over again.

I've pre-ordered the standard edition from ShopTo at around £6 more than I could have Pre-Ordered elsewhere, because they are the very best at sending Games early from the U.K. It's common for customers to receive Games from them 2 or 3 days before release.

The very latest that I expected to receive GTA5 in my mind was Monday the 16th, while holding out a small hope for Saturday 14th. ShopTo really are that good and that's why for GTA5 I'm willing to pay a little more - we've waited over 5 years for this and I've been counting down every day since day 168, 11 Days 15 hours left. ;)

It's simple, if I'm not going to get GTA5 early and it's not on it's way to me by midday on Saturday 14th, I will cancel my Pre-Order with them and get it from somewhere else. I don't really care about the Blimp Pre-Order bonus, so I may even pick it up in a store where there is bound to be a good offer. For example, spend £50 on groceries and get GTA5 for £30.

Edited by Tactical Tom

mines ordered from tesco. but i couldnt give a fuck if it came late. as long as it comes before october 1st im fine! :p im mainly getting this game for online. single player is just a bonus

also in my area if i order something from shopto before 5pm it comes the next day.. ALLWAYS. im not sure about other peoples areas. but i wouldnt be worried if youve ordered from shopto

im sure this has been asked before. and im sure there is a reason but..

why dont publishers just block the game being played until 12:01am on the day of release?

--

saw this on an IGN comment

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/18q.gif

Edited by JORDAN K 95

I think this is why it's great R* is holding off MP for two weeks. Then again they could just turn the servers on at a certain time too, right? I know I wouldn't want a game arrived early, there's just something about waiting for that exact day after waiting a year+. I bet some of you wouldn't mind getting it early tho.

@JORDAN K 95, love that sig. That's probably what all of us have been doing, lol.

I'm not too bothered about this, normally I'd want a new game day early or on release but on this occasion I'm more so looking forward to the Online which isn't even coming out until 2 weeks after, so ship as late as you like.

-_-

but i couldnt give a fuck if it came late. as long as it comes before october 1st im fine! :p im mainly getting this game for online. single player is just a bonus

Really??

I know the online looks highly improved from IV but i don't think it will even come across my mind as i get sucked into its world and finish the the story. And with the two week delay i would think more people would be excited for SP.

On topic i am pretty sure Shopto will still deliver by monday or exactly on release.

Great. Anyone who lives in the UK has been burned by the Royal Mail at some point or another. Their delivery service is shit, and now online retailers such as GAME and Amazon will not be sending any games out until the day before release? Fucking brilliant, Rockstar. Thank you so much...

Waiting a extra day is not going to kill anybody geez

Really??

I know the online looks highly improved from IV but i don't think it will even come across my mind as i get sucked into its world and finish the the story. And with the two week delay i would think more people would be excited for SP.

On topic i am pretty sure Shopto will still deliver by monday or exactly on release.

But from what we've all read so far it seems there's tons more to do in the online aspect of the game over the singleplayer. Plus as bland as IV's multiplayer was I played it more than most people and to see V improve this much is just insane.

I had an email off Shopto this morning which basically guaranteed delivery on release day. They're going to start processing the orders from 10th of September in anticipation.

So, if you've ordered from Shopto, you're probably getting it on release day no worries. They've yet to let me down so fingers crossed.

Really??

i like GTA because i can fuck around with friends online, not to do missions by myself.

i would just buy the game on October 1st, but ive got it cheaper with an offer and i get the preorder bonus, so may aswell play some single player before October 1st.