Achievement Guide & Road Map

judd90

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argh. This game drives me crazy. I made myself a list with all the singleplayer weapons and crossed all I used during my second playtrough on hard. BUT the achievement still does not unlock. I still missed one I guess... but which one is the question now. I hope Rockstar will update the social club with a option to see how many kills you have with EACH weapon.

Argh. This game drives me crazy. I made myself a list with all the singleplayer weapons and crossed all I used during my second playtrough on hard. BUT the achievement still does not unlock. I still missed one I guess... but which one is the question now. I hope Rockstar will update the social club with a option to see how many kills you have with EACH weapon.

problably the LAW if you only kill the truck with it it doesn't count. there's another one in the area kill somebody with it. It's located at Chapter 13, Checkpoint 5.

Im at the office mission now on Hardcore. Not bad, enjoying the game alot still. Looking forward to finishing it then going onto Old School which supposedly is easier than HC

it is. its like medium difficulty with no last man standing. so it should be a breeze with less than 15 or so deaths. ya dig?

it is. its like medium difficulty with no last man standing. so it should be a breeze with less than 15 or so deaths. ya dig?

Yeah, definitely. Just started disk 2 now, should have it completed on HC later today, then it's Old school immediately. Thankfully, i am really enjoying and loving it so, i dont feel like i am forcing my self or just wanting to whore myself out for the achievements. It is a really fun game.

You gotta give respect to R* after 9 years they came out with MP3 and it lives up to most if not all expectations of the fans and newcomers alike. This gen we have MANY disappointing sequels (Duke Nukem forever, fable 3, Ninja gaiden 3, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2.etc) So, this really shines and is an example of when following the mechanics of what the game started off and improving them, you make a better game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Heck, don't try to change it either.

Hey I noticed that under the guide for this achievement (something wicked comes this way) it says that you can no longer shoot the barrel, I'm just posting to let you know that you can still shoot the barrel, i have just done this and that's how the achievement popped :)

Quick question... can A New York Minute be done on any difficulty/AIM mode?

Its automatically on medium diff. and you can choose between soft lock or free aim. Both options can net you the achievement. On NYM: Hardcore, once you press it you are forced to play it from chapter 1 till the last on free aim with the diff. being medium.

Only twist here is, you must not die once or run out of time. Do either of those and you're back to chapter 1 even if you died on the last chapter.

Hey I noticed that under the guide for this achievement (something wicked comes this way) it says that you can no longer shoot the barrel, I'm just posting to let you know that you can still shoot the barrel, i have just done this and that's how the achievement popped :)

idk why people are saying that you still can shoot the barrel, its incorrect. you CAN NOT get this achievement by shooting the barrel it is PATCHED.

Yeah, definitely. Just started disk 2 now, should have it completed on HC later today, then it's Old school immediately. Thankfully, i am really enjoying and loving it so, i dont feel like i am forcing my self or just wanting to whore myself out for the achievements. It is a really fun game.

You gotta give respect to R* after 9 years they came out with MP3 and it lives up to most if not all expectations of the fans and newcomers alike. This gen we have MANY disappointing sequels (Duke Nukem forever, fable 3, Ninja gaiden 3, Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2.etc) So, this really shines and is an example of when following the mechanics of what the game started off and improving them, you make a better game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Heck, don't try to change it either.

how is hardcore? cuz im getting hella pissed at this game right now. and im on hard. lol the favela level where they throw molotoves at you is a Payne in The Ass... pun intended..

how is hardcore? cuz im getting hella pissed at this game right now. and im on hard. lol the favela level where they throw molotoves at you is a Payne in The Ass... pun intended..

It's harder then hard (2 or 3 shoots and you are in last stand if you had painkillers, sometimes with one shot) but it is doable with patience. Painkillers and covers are your friend, not so much the bullet time. You'll be bullet dodging and taking cover way more than bullet time because it doesn't fill up fast and when you use it it can finish pretty fast (and i am talking in seconds) so you have to use it very wisely.

Once you learn the level design, and where most if not all the painkillers are it's not really hard. Just patience, take cover alot and shoot.

It's harder then hard (2 or 3 shoots and you are in last stand if you had painkillers, sometimes with one shot) but it is doable with patience. Painkillers and covers are your friend, not so much the bullet time. You'll be bullet dodging and taking cover way more than bullet time because it doesn't fill up fast and when you use it it can finish pretty fast (and i am talking in seconds) so you have to use it very wisely.

Once you learn the level design, and where most if not all the painkillers are it's not really hard. Just patience, take cover alot and shoot.

thats my problem, i dont have much patience. lol

hey judd can you post my grind guide..? i just made it a little while ago..think it'll help :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYkPUX39Op4]Max Payne 3 : All of the Above Achievement/Trophy Guide(BEST SPOTS TO GRIND) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not connected to Live right now. Through chapter 3, nothing has unlocked. I have "Hard Lock" turned on, I actually hate it. But, is that why the Chapter Achievements aren't popping?

No, the game has a set of requirements for the achievements. As for Hard Lock you better start all over because the diff. achievements and other specific requirements you have to do in the single player all need Free Aim. The only achievement you would get without doing anything is finishing Part 1, 2 and finally 3 (Each pack of missions are connected to a part achievement, lets say the first 6 missions are part 1, then 4 missions is part 2, then 4 more is part 3)

Great guide very useful. About 2/3 of the way through my 1st playthrough and its helped alot. I did notice though that you said there's 10 online achievements for 170G when there's actually 11 for 180G (guessing you forgot the secret achievement "sweep" was online?).

problably the LAW if you only kill the truck with it it doesn't count. there's another one in the area kill somebody with it. It's located at Chapter 13, Checkpoint 5.

Nope, I killed the cops in this scene with the LAW. And I also used the FMP G3s later in this level too.

1st played on hard, now i'm doing oldschool and wanted to go for all the collectables. do i have to start a new game or can i do this through level select and set the difficulty to oldschool? i'm asking because i started oldschool and played through the first three levels but left on a ceckpoint in the third. now there is no check-in at this point anymore and i would have to start the level again in level select with the checkpoint. i wondered if that will count towards the cheevo as well or if i have the whole level again.

On the last level of my Hardcore playthrough. Exciting! can't wait to finish it so i could jump on Old School then after that it's NYM: HC for me. Very confident now for NYM: HC, i feel that i learned the game and where everything is better.