First impressions (warning! spoilers)

bribonus

I've been playing history mode and tutorials for about 3 hours and i'm blowed away by this reincarnation of the original saga. Been a die-hard fan of the Mortal Kombat series since 1993, when i played first title on arcade and later bought it on Genesis/Mega drive. All i can say is: holy cow, THIS is the mortal kombat i loved and (IMO) went away since MK4!!!.

As highlights, the gameplay is mindblowing, vivid, fast-paced and reactive. Loved it!. The tag mode is awesome and adds a little strategy. The characters are pretty unique, the classic arcade ladder is back, the test your might mini-games are here....i can continue all day long.

An the history mode...awesome. The narrative effort put by the developers is awesome for a fighting game. The plot of the first two (until the point i played) and looks like the third game is narrated in a very solid pace, and he new events added to the plot fits well in the history. It´s, by far, one of the stongest parts of the game.

The downs, at least for me....well, too many online cheevos. No live, no game completion. Sadly, it's my case atm.:uzi:.

By far, one of, if not the best, fighting games on the 360. 8/10 hands down, and if you add the nostalgia factor, that score can skyrocket up to a 9!!

Thank god. I loved the Krypt on Deception or Alliance i can't remember which one had it. But having different stuff to unlock like videos such as "cooking with scorpion" made the krypt sweet as hell lol.

yeah Im not even close to 50% on the unlocks, Though they put a lot of thought into it Im always looking foward to going back to the krypt to see what I get if it's fatalities, Costumes or galleries

I'm really lovin this game. i got it early yesterday os i was very excited. i have to say it is very easy to handle, players are rather fast comparing them to other versions (at least in my opinion) also both combos and fatalities are not as complicated. graphics are great and you can really spend hours playin :woop: