Pirate Level 5 Star...Near Impossible?

Not sure if other folks have experienced this yet, but on the final level of the base game (Pirate 5), there is a star near the beginning of the course that seems near impossible to reach. Even with the Split Path unlocked and using slide/down jumps, there's one set of logs that my character simply cannot reach.

I've tried applying earned "power ups" as well, none did the job though. I'm about out of ideas, I've been at this for a few hours now, and it's fairly annoying...

Has anyone 16/16'd this level, and if so, any tips?

Thanks!

I can't really say how it's done, it is possible to reach, but you kind of have to play against the jumping physics to reach the ledge it's near.

The nearest rising platform won't reach high enough for you to just slide jump off it, how I did it was using both platforms (the one before this also), I ran along them as normal, but also taking into mind the timing of when the last platform (before the small ledge) just reaches its peak. The lift combined with a quick execution of a slide jump at the edge should get you up there with trial and error.

It's the hardest star to reach, I think.

You could try climbing the chain and using the platform above also, but I'd guess that's even more likely to be out of reach.

As much as i hate microtransactions i would pay good money for the ability to jump higher! i've spent at least an hour trying to get this little fucker, i'm starting to think no-one tested to see if it was possible and just dumped it there and thought, fuck it let them do it. :mad:

Whilst we're on the subject of Pirate levels, on level 1 above 6 rotating barrels and 2 platforms is another that seems to be way too high, how on earth do you reach it!? This and the level 5 one are all i need.

Edited by RES1DENT NEMES1S

Whilst we're on the subject of Pirate levels, on level 1 above 6 rotating barrels and 2 platforms is another that seems to be way too high, how on earth do you reach it!? This and the level 5 one are all i need.

Almost directly under the checkpoint there is another star. When you grab that star, the platform underneath it will swing around allowing you to jump up onto the floating platforms if you're fast enough to catch it in time.

-

As for the star in Pirate 5, it's quite a tricky jump but the way I did it was slide jumping from the second star. A lot of my attempted slide jumps weren't powerful enough to make it, but when you manage a successful slide jump, it should be enough to easily reach the next log. From there just do a basic jump to hit the star safely.

I don't know if it's possible to do it with a running jump from the second star, but I did it when I started from the chain.

Edited by Shadiochao

I'm only missing 1 star from this level, not even sure if it's the same one.

The one I can't get is against the wall, right after a ramp, right before the balloon shooter things.

Go up and around for that one. It's probably not possible to reach from the ramp.

From the little pillar on top of all the balloon things, wall-run up the right wall then jump to reach the left ledge. You can just fall down to reach it then.

Go up and around for that one. It's probably not possible to reach from the ramp.

From the little pillar on top of all the balloon things, wall-run up the right wall then jump to reach the left ledge. You can just fall down to reach it then.

I haven't put much time into it, but that's what I;ve tried and was unsuccessful too.

Can't seem to wall-run up high enough to get to the top of the left side.

Alright, was able to get it after a while (thank goodness). I actually DID end up using the higher Split Path platform with the chain to reach it with a slide jump. If I get the time later on, I'll crop out the section of recording I have to show exactly what I did.

I need help with my last three stas.

I need TWO in the first level of the Icy world. I'm at 14/16 and I think that my last two stars are hidden on top of the level on a convenyor belt that I cant reach jumping. I'm getting crazy. I get on top of a little icy block but from there I cant reach the jumping platform because there isnt enough space to perform a slide jump.

The other one is on the third level of Pirate World. I cant find it and Im stuck on 15/16.

Any tip?

I need TWO in the first level of the Icy world. I'm at 14/16 and I think that my last two stars are hidden on top of the level on a convenyor belt that I cant reach jumping. I'm getting crazy. I get on top of a little icy block but from there I cant reach the jumping platform because there isnt enough space to perform a slide jump.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, then you need to do a slide jump powerful enough to land on the small block with your feet, then slide jump from there to the trampoline. Just reaching the block and pulling yourself up to it won't be enough.

The other one is on the third level of Pirate World. I cant find it and Im stuck on 15/16.

I had quite a bit of trouble with one on that level. The one I couldn't find was just after the fourth checkpoint. After using the trampolines to bounce up to the small log, jump to the logs to the right and the star will be directly above where you're standing. You'll need to do a crouching jump on the platform above to reach it.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, then you need to do a slide jump powerful enough to land on the small block with your feet, then slide jump from there to the trampoline. Just reaching the block and pulling yourself up to it won't be enough.

I had quite a bit of trouble with one on that level. The one I couldn't find was just after the fourth checkpoint. After using the trampolines to bounce up to the small log, jump to the logs to the right and the star will be directly above where you're standing. You'll need to do a crouching jump on the platform above to reach it.

Thanks a lot!!!!! OMG with a few tries I did it!!! Thanks again! ;)

This method worked for me, but it took many attemps to get it. Good Luck, Guys!

As for the star in Pirate 5, it's quite a tricky jump but the way I did it was slide jumping from the second star. A lot of my attempted slide jumps weren't powerful enough to make it, but when you manage a successful slide jump, it should be enough to easily reach the next log. From there just do a basic jump to hit the star safely.

I don't know if it's possible to do it with a running jump from the second star, but I did it when I started from the chain.

Yep, that's how I did it. Extremely tricky jump indeed. Needs to be absolutely SPOT ON. That was the last star I needed.

Thanks you convinced me it was possible and I got it on the next attempt. Its weird how you can do it 20 times and always fall short and then all of sudden it just works.