Question about the first heist...

SolarFury

Obvious spoilers. If any of you haven't yet met a character named Lester and completed the first couple of missions for him, then please don't read any further.

So, I've got to the mission where I get to choose a crew for the heist on the jewellery store. I'll be attempting it 'smart'.

Michael vouches for Franklin as a driver, though he picks someone else. Whatever?

As for guns, because I'm playing it smart, I went with the lower % guy.

With my hacker, I've gone and chose that Rickie guy from LifeInvader (who you removed those NSFW pop-ups for). He was the lowest % (4%), but because he was a character I met and sort of liked (and I felt sorry that his shares went down after that mission), I felt like I should bring him along and use him so he becomes better.

BUT, my question is, when a crew has been selected, can you alter it at a later date, before the heist?

I want to see how well Rickie actually does - how much experience he gets. But if it isn't worth it, I'd rather stick to the better option for the hacker.

Any one have an answer to whether you can alter a crew or not?

Edit: Oh, I don't mind any spoilers concerning this mission either, when it comes to those random crew members you chose.

Because Franklin comes along and you pick another driver anyway - because I've heard someone dies, I thought that it's the driver that dies, and Franklin replaces him. Am I wrong in my theory? Does someone else die?

Edited by SolarFury

If i remember correctly the other dude picked for the driving role is just there to help move the money[spoiler=true]I picked a low rated one for me and he crashed, but Franklin picked up his share of the money so I did not lose anything

As for the hacker I went with the lifeinvader dude and[spoiler=cool]We got lucky and he had little - no idea what to do, looking back on it why would you hire someone as a hacker who cant even disable pop-ups on his home computer ?

Edited by k2345

I wouldn't rely on the cheap driver. Whilst Franklin picked up the money he dropped on my game (and k235's apparently), he didn't on another friends game, and it literally cost him £1.5m. Think Michael only ended up with 160k ish on his run through. You can get like 5/6x that if you do it right.

You should always choose the best people. The lesser ones tend to make mistakes or get caught resulting in you losing a chunk of money. I used the best for everything except for the guns expert. As I chose to go in smart we didn't need to use guns so I thought that made sense and was the best option. On the getaway the person I chose for weapons crashed and got caught and I lost like $1m.

You should always choose the best people. The lesser ones tend to make mistakes or get caught resulting in you losing a chunk of money.

About that...

Did a little searching on GameFAQs, and as an obvious, there are slight alterations in results when it comes to who you choose, but the 'best' pick seems to go:

Driver: worst

Gunner: best

Hacker: worst

From what I've read, from other's experiences, the worst gunman will always die, and he doesn't grab as much loot from the heist. The better gunman won't panic, and grabs more loot as a result.

The driver, supposedly, doesn't matter. The only difference is the getaway might take a little longer - because of the poor selection in bikes, and not knowing which way to go.

And as for the hacker, most seem to be spreading around that you should get enough time with Rickie (if you have him as a contact), or the next lowest hacker (10% I think it was). With Rickie, you should get an extra 10 seconds on top of the time it takes to get 100% (IIRC).

I'll test it tonight anyway, if I can get all the prep done.

But I'm guessing (to answer my other question), that you cannot swap crew members after first selecting them. Nevermind.

Again, cheers for the input guys.