• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Joffrey gets his face bitten off by a direwolf.

Haha I second that. He is a nasty little bastard. I can imagine a sitcom where he and Draco Malfoy are room mates.

But I'm interested to see what happens next week to Jaimie Lannister once the Starks find out what has happened to Ned. Maybe straight off with his head as payment, or a wise bargaining chip to hold over Cersei, seeing as it seems that so far Robb Stark is showing a lot more cunning than his father. Ned was a hero but he wasn't cut out for playing the game down in King's Landing, neither was King Robert either really which explains his poor judgment in bringing Ned down to be The Hand.

Edited by exo-apollo

But I'm interested to see what happens next week to Jaimie Lannister once the Starks find out what has happened to Ned. Maybe straight off with his head as payment, or a wise bargaining chip to hold over Cersei, seeing as it seems that so far Robb Stark is showing a lot more cunning than his father. Ned was a hero but he wasn't cut out for playing the game down in King's Landing, neither was King Robert either really which explains his poor judgment in bringing Ned down to be The Hand.

Have you seen the preview of next week's episode? It shows Jaime looking slightly worse for wear. Keeping him alive would give the Starks a good bargaining chip as you say, but also I can't help but feel it's a huge mistake keeping a Lannister alive no matter how well guarded they seem.

I agree, Ned was too nice a guy to do well in King's Landing.

Alrighty then, so thoughts?

Seems like season two is going to be a complete total war- Lannister's fighting Starks and with Dany as a wild card crossing the sea with dragons. What did everyone think was going to happen in this episode? I thought the big reveal at the end was going to the White Walkers crossing the wall and heading south, but hey Dragons, just as good.

Alrighty then, so thoughts?

Seems like season two is going to be a complete total war- Lannister's fighting Starks and with Dany as a wild card crossing the sea with dragons. What did everyone think was going to happen in this episode? I thought the big reveal at the end was going to the White Walkers crossing the wall and heading south, but hey Dragons, just as good.

I thought it was an amazing set up for next season. I knew dragons where going to come into the story, but didn't expect it would be at the end of season 1. I haven't read the books but now that the season is over, I'm thinking of jumping into the 2nd book and start reading it soon. I can't wait to see how the dragon's are going to come into play, because its almost like the ultimate weapon and how is anyone going to stand a chance. Also I hope Joffrey dies a horrible horrible death, I've wanted that kid dead since he bitched out and had that dog killed because he couldn't handle a little bite.

When Joffrey finally gets what's coming to him I'm hoping for it to be the most gruesome death imaginable. But, there's also the possibility that because everyone's expecting him to get killed at some point, he'll be kept alive. I haven't read any of the books, but I think even from this first season of the show it's clear that Martin enjoys leading the viewers down an expected path, then doing the complete opposite.

Also, I've started watching the season from the beginning again, and it's awesome how many little things I missed the first time because they weren't introduced or put into context until later episodes. For example, in the first episode when Daenerys climbs into the bath and her servant woman tells her to not go in as it's too hot, and she's completely unphased by it. I'm presuming that was because of her dragonblood thing - which was revealed in the last episode to make her immune to fire, and presumably heat.

I'm presuming that was because of her dragonblood thing - which was revealed in the last episode to make her immune to fire, and presumably heat.

They showed that in another episode too when she picked up one of the dragon eggs out of the fire and it didn't burn her but burned her servant.

This is definitely a show I'll buy on blu-ray once it releases.

Also, I've started watching the season from the beginning again, and it's awesome how many little things I missed the first time because they weren't introduced or put into context until later episodes. For example, in the first episode when Daenerys climbs into the bath and her servant woman tells her to not go in as it's too hot, and she's completely unphased by it. I'm presuming that was because of her dragonblood thing - which was revealed in the last episode to make her immune to fire, and presumably heat.

Yeah I also am about to start watching the whole thing again, now that I know all the characters well I'll be able to see what I missed the first time through. I also have a copy of the first book and am reading through that to re-enforce what was in the show.

• 9 months later...

Well, you did put spoilers in the title so I'm tempted to really ruin it for you...(I've read the books)

[spoiler=test]I guess I'll just say...Joffrey get's what is coming to him. Also depending on how they do the timing all but 1 of the current "kings" in Westeros will be dead by the end of the season. However, the war will be far from over

Oh and...having read all five books...Arya is one brutal, bad ass little girl. Definitely my favorite character (Tyrion is a close second).

Maybe we need more time but I thought that Stannis' actor was very average in the first episode. And from all the characters' comments in the last season about this bloodthirsty warrior he seemed quite normal.

In the books Stannis is...odd. Just a very awkward person. Doesn't get along well with others. Doesn't really understand social conventions. Can only see the world in black and white (even though the world is very grey). So knowing that, I thought the actor did a tremendous job in the few scenes with Stannis in S2E1

Also if you were a little confused by the way they introduced the new characters in S2E1 then go read book 2. It does a much better job of introducing Stannis, Sir Davos the Onion Knight, Melisandre the Red Lady etc...

Edited by bigbear.

• 2 months later...