Clearing the statistics

Langeboy

Does anyone know of a way where you can re-start all your statistics..? I would like to because I only need one more coffee thermos and two more hidden chests, and I just can't figure out which ones I need / have done already.

Using my other HDD, I recovered my gamer-tag, (different HDD didn't have my saved Alan Wake game on it), but it still showed all my statistics. Is there a way I can re-start? Clearing my cache or something?

Moving you're saved games from the HDD to say a USB, then start a new save on the HDD?

This doesn't work :( i have a problem on mine where i've found all tv's but the cheevo hasn't popped but i can't reset statistics to try and earn them again :( i haven't bothered touching this game since due to this stupid no way to reset statistics :(

This doesn't work :( i have a problem on mine where i've found all tv's but the cheevo hasn't popped but i can't reset statistics to try and earn them again :( i haven't bothered touching this game since due to this stupid no way to reset statistics :(

Sorry to hear about that. Some people say that their missing/glitched achievements sometimes pop-up randomly at a subsequent date. You should report your problem at the Official Alan Wake Community Forum

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=3670

Remedy is already looking into it.

Sorry to hear about that. Some people say that their missing/glitched achievements sometimes pop-up randomly at a subsequent date. You should report your problem at the Official Alan Wake Community Forum

http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=3670

Remedy is already looking into it.

Another problem some people are having is that they earn the achievement but it isn't showing up on their xbox dashboard. Try recovering your gamertag to see if it enables you to get the achievement again, or in most cases the achievement will be unlocked after you recover your tag. One last idea may be to delete your alan wake save file. Either way there should be a fix for it in the near future.

No, unfortunately there's no way of resetting the stats for Alan Wake because they are tied to your Gamertag.

So does this mean if i tried out a different HDD that all my stats would carry over to that one and my 24/25 sign glitch would still haunt my life?

So does this mean if i tried out a different HDD that all my stats would carry over to that one and my 24/25 sign glitch would still haunt my life?

Yes, even if you'd play Alan Wake on a completely new Xbox 360 with a new HDD and new save and everything new: as long as you're using your normal/old gamertag the stats will remain the same. Are you sure you've read every sign? The 2 signs at the beginning of episode 4 (the one at the sundial outside the lodge and the other one at the statue outside the lodge when its dark) are missed often. Perhaps you died immediately after reading one and it didn't save?