My advice/ path for 1cc character achievments (+ Videos)

Fox Pocket

I just 1cc'd this game with Rosa this morning and like some people posting here I am not particularly good at this genre of game. So, I am posting the method which I used to get through with Rosa and with some patience the other 3 characters in the near future.

In my opinion the character difficulty ranking looks like this.

(From easiest to hardest)

Rosa

Windia

Follett

Casper

My path is....

C-1 Lv1

C-2 Lv3

B-1 Lv1

A-2 Lv1

A-1 Lv1

B-2 Lv1 or Lv2

Final

Lv3 for C-2 may seem intimidating but the pattern for the majority of the level is really simple and the boss can easily be dealt with via bomb spamming if you are not up to it. Doing it on this difficulty is essential to boost your points to get both extends by the time you reach Jitterbug. As long as you reach 26 million by the end of this level you should be able to reach the second extend playing Lv1 for the rest of the game by the time you reach Jitterbug.

The reason why I place B-2 last and say it can be played on either Lv1 or Lv2 is because of the cake that appears when you destroy Jitterbugs car on Lv2. If you were hit once simply play the stage at Lv2 to get the cake. There is no real spike in difficulty in this level from Lv1 to Lv2 so there is no real increase in risk. Of course if by this point you don't need the cake you're better off playing it safe and sticking to Lv1.

The final stage can get really intense but as long as you practice in training mode time your powerups correctly (see video) you should be fine. I find Jitterbug to be the hardest part of a 1cc run. As it has been stated here a number of times before don't use bombs on him as you will be rewarded with a cake if you don't.

Tyrannosatan is actually very easy as long as you have 2 1/2-3 health. Simply use a bomb when he begins to shoot at you. Be sure to use all 3 prior to getting hit (when you get hit your bombs fully recharge) while continuously firing and he should go down pretty quickly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d4sVR-T0S8]YouTube- Deathsmiles 360 Easy 1CC Part 1 (Achievement Guide in Description)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYJ5-jD-uEA]YouTube- Deathsmiles 360 Easy 1CC Part 2 (Achievement Guide in Description)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAq6MJcxlHY]YouTube- Deathsmiles 360 Easy 1CC Part 3 (Achievement Guide in Description)[/ame]

So frustrating. I get to the castle, every now and then I'll take a 1/2 damage hit in the volcano and sometimes leave with one bomb, but once I get to the castle its rape city. The castle is longer than like three regular levels. I don't know how you did it with Rosa. I like to be able to position my familiar, or ally while I am moving around with heavy fire. Well, I guess it will have to wait until this weekend now before I can try again - busy remainder of the week and a buddy is coming down...maybe I'll give it another try after he passes out. Blarg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Damnit! I always get to the last boss jitterbug/tyrannosatan and then get murdered. I'm going to record my playthrough next time and watch it back to see if I can learn from my mistakes. My playthrough was with Rosa also.

It's not hard to get hit, but it's easy to avoid (kinda 50-50).

Through pain, and (a lot of) attention, I've 1cc every daughter. It's actually not that hard once you got 'involved' in the game (I can upload the videos if anyone wants it). And let me tell you something. Don't get frustrated while playing with Rosa... or you will just throw the controller against the floor when you try with Follet.

It's not hard to get hit, but it's easy to avoid (kinda 50-50).

Through pain, and (a lot of) attention, I've 1cc every daughter. It's actually not that hard once you got 'involved' in the game (I can upload the videos if anyone wants it). And let me tell you something. Don't get frustrated while playing with Rosa... or you will just throw the controller against the floor when you try with Follet.

I've just 1cc the game with Rosa, but it would be great if you could upload some vid' (with Follet and Casper for example), just to give some tips and ideas on how to deal with the final boss ;)

Edited by amacteur

I've just 1cc the game with Rosa, but it would be great if you could upload some vid' (with Follett and Casper for example), just to give some tips and ideas on how to deal with the final boss ;)

The leaderboards should have 1cc replays with all characters, I think I've uploaded mine (on the Euro version). You can access character-specific leaderboards by selecting the character from the options at the top.

Casper was quite hard to grasp, harder than Follett. With those two, familiar positioning is really important. Get the familiar as close to the bosses as you can. With Casper, use the turbo shot instead of the "laser" as the familiar's sawblades cause a lot of damage, like Rosa's familiar's roses.

With Casper and Follett's limited range, using lock shot for Jitterbug the whole time seems to help. I also used lock shot when Tyrannosatan went above me, then I could just concentrate on dodging.

The leaderboards should have 1cc replays with all characters, I think I've uploaded mine (on the Euro version). You can access character-specific leaderboards by selecting the character from the options at the top.

Casper was quite hard to grasp, harder than Follett. With those two, familiar positioning is really important. Get the familiar as close to the bosses as you can. With Casper, use the turbo shot instead of the "laser" as the familiar's sawblades cause a lot of damage, like Rosa's familiar's roses.

With Casper and Follett's limited range, using lock shot for Jitterbug the whole time seems to help. I also used lock shot when Tyrannosatan went above me, then I could just concentrate on dodging.

Thx deexor, I'll work on it soon.

Any tips to score more than 100 millions?

The guy from the other thread said every stage on lvl 1, but I really doubt it... :D

It has replays of 1cc, but dude, those players have arcade controllers, you indentify that for the way they play. If we all have an arcade controller, believe me, we all have 1000 in this game (not being an ass btw).

It's easier to 1cc with Casper than Follet imo, because the familiar of Follet, it's the most powerful of the others, but the range it's a just a cruel joke. It took me like 4 gameplays (full gameplays) to understand some things with Follet, and still, it's hard.

I've just 1cc the game with Rosa, but it would be great if you could upload some vid' (with Follet and Casper for example), just to give some tips and ideas on how to deal with the final boss ;)

Today I will buy some RCA Cable and a coupler and I will capture it and maybe upload it later. I have exam test today :(

And about the 1oomil in lvl 1... You can do it, actually I think you can do it, but you need to master one technique (And it's hard as hell master it). If you can't master it, then lvl 3 will be your poison.

Thx deexor, I'll work on it soon.

Any tips to score more than 100 millions?

The guy from the other thread said every stage on lvl 1, but I really doubt it... :D

I just broke 100 million yesterday with a 104 million score, so I don't have any tips that are very good :)

But looking at high-scoring replays worked for me. I did the route in these videos, trying to mimic his style the best I could... shame that the PAL version has separate leaderboards, those 300M+ replays would be great for learning. I can't find any on Youtube.

To stay on topic, these are also Casper 1cc :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJa_7RBUdAc]YouTube - DeathSmiles Casper 1CC(259,837,498 pts) 1/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WZfJaNuLdo]YouTube - DeathSmiles Casper 1CC(259,837,498 pts) 2/3[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_q9Jd7hHak]YouTube - DeathSmiles Casper 1CC(259,837,498 pts) 3/3[/ame]

Edited by deexor

Wow that was a great replay!

Well... I was just ready to upload my Casper 1cc (It took me the whole night for audio tests, quality tests, Sony Vegas getting bitchy...), but well... When you have those super awesome replays then you just don't want to upload your "Crappy almost-1cc" :D

I can post it if you want it :D

EDIT: I just realize moments ago, in my 1cc, I afforded to get 75mil, so, I believe it can actually afford the 100mil if you take your time (I only made 1 Level 3 stage and didn't played the Gorge).

Edited by Axl666

EDIT: I just realize moments ago, in my 1cc, I afforded to get 75mil, so, I believe it can actually afford the 100mil if you take your time (I only made 1 Level 3 stage and didn't played the Gorge).

I've reached somethin like 80 or 90 millions, playing 4 stages level 3 and 2 on level 2... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong :confused:

I've reached somethin like 80 or 90 millions, playing 4 stages level 3 and 2 on level 2... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong :confused:

The last night I did the same (4 stages in level 3 and 2 stages on 2) and, with a lot of mistakes, and miraculously, I've reached 100mil... before fighting with Jitterbug. He just kill me.

The best thing it's not to rush, and take it easy. I've saved my replay BTW. I can upload it if you want :D (Yeah... I'm a videocap wh*re...)

The last night I did the same (4 stages in level 3 and 2 stages on 2) and, with a lot of mistakes, and miraculously, I've reached 100mil... before fighting with Jitterbug. He just kill me.

The best thing it's not to rush, and take it easy. I've saved my replay BTW. I can upload it if you want :D (Yeah... I'm a videocap wh*re...)

I will try again tonight, take my time and figure out how to get that :D

You can upload the vid, could be great ;)

I want to get clear with this.

- It's the same route of the gameplay.

- It's well known in Deathsmiles that the best 'point booster' it's Windia. I tried with Windia, but I hate it.

- It's the same route... yeah... again, but this time played by a human, not by a Shmup God.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kloFpCIBMBk]YouTube - Deathsmiles Casper 100mil 1/2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlGawCkYZKQ]YouTube - DeathDeathsmiles Casper 100mil 2/2[/ame]

At this point, I got a conclusion myself:

For 200 and 300mil, you will need next:

- Master the Insta Recharge (In stage 3, you will watch my very first ever completed Insta Recharge). You will need this. This is the key to get insane amounts of points. With this, your chances become from 0 to 20.

- Master the shmup: Don't get hit. Every time you got hit, your item counter decreases. And we don't want that. (20 to 60)

- Graphic Lag. You will hate it in other games. But in those kind of games, the Graphic lag it's just your best friend. EVER. Use it wisely to your own safety, because it's still easy to get hit. (60-65)

- Patience and practice at Level 3. AND the Gorge. When you play 5 times in level 3, the Death Mode automatically triggers. That's why about the Suicide Bullets. They will just flood your screen in the Hades Castle.

BUT, the thing is, even if you didn't play 5 times, and then you go to the Gorge, Death Mode LEVEL 2 automatically triggers. It's just the same. But with an insane (And I really mean INSANE) amount of suicide bullets... per enemy.

No matter how, but it seems that the only way to hit the 300mil, it's staging all in Level 3 AND the Gorge, and still, go trough the Hades Castle... and Survive till the previous room to Jitterbug. (65 to 100)

If you don't take in mind those things, you better do. Because it's the only way...

I want to get clear with this.

- It's the same route of the gameplay.

- It's well known in Deathsmiles that the best 'point booster' it's Windia. I tried with Windia, but I hate it.

- It's the same route... yeah... again, but this time played by a human, not by a Shmup God.

At this point, I got a conclusion myself:

For 200 and 300mil, you will need next:

- Master the Insta Recharge (In stage 3, you will watch my very first ever completed Insta Recharge). You will need this. This is the key to get insane amounts of points. With this, your chances become from 0 to 20.

- Master the shmup: Don't get hit. Every time you got hit, your item counter decreases. And we don't want that. (20 to 60)

- Graphic Lag. You will hate it in other games. But in those kind of games, the Graphic lag it's just your best friend. EVER. Use it wisely to your own safety, because it's still easy to get hit. (60-65)

- Patience and practice at Level 3. AND the Gorge. When you play 5 times in level 3, the Death Mode automatically triggers. That's why about the Suicide Bullets. They will just flood your screen in the Hades Castle.

BUT, the thing is, even if you didn't play 5 times, and then you go to the Gorge, Death Mode LEVEL 2 automatically triggers. It's just the same. But with an insane (And I really mean INSANE) amount of suicide bullets... per enemy.

No matter how, but it seems that the only way to hit the 300mil, it's staging all in Level 3 AND the Gorge, and still, go trough the Hades Castle... and Survive till the previous room to Jitterbug. (65 to 100)

If you don't take in mind those things, you better do. Because it's the only way...

Thx for this.

I'm trying to figure out: when you power up (A+B button when counter at 1000), are you using laser or quick shot? It seems that one is better than the other cuz the counter is decreasing more quickly depending on the shot you use.

Thx for this.

I'm trying to figure out: when you power up (A+B button when counter at 1000), are you using laser or quick shot? It seems that one is better than the other cuz the counter is decreasing more quickly depending on the shot you use.

When at Power-Up, what I do it's use only Turbo Shot and just that. Why?

The deal here it's the next.

When you enter at the Power-Up Mode, the Familiar shot gives more points... it's kinda hard to explain.

IE. Casper.

The regular shot are saws for Kiki. When at Power-Up, the saws make that the enemy drops items while getting hitted. For instance. An Ogre. When you hit him with the saws, they will pop out a lot of skulls.

It's just to have more items, because when you reach the Overall Counter to 10,000 (The points that adds when you enter at Power-Up... it gives you extra bonus) you will just have a lot of extra points...

When at Power-Up, what I do it's use only Turbo Shot and just that. Why?

The deal here it's the next.

When you enter at the Power-Up Mode, the Familiar shot gives more points... it's kinda hard to explain.

IE. Casper.

The regular shot are saws for Kiki. When at Power-Up, the saws make that the enemy drops items while getting hitted. For instance. An Ogre. When you hit him with the saws, they will pop out a lot of skulls.

It's just to have more items, because when you reach the Overall Counter to 10,000 (The points that adds when you enter at Power-Up... it gives you extra bonus) you will just have a lot of extra points...

Oh ok I see :)

When you enter in power up, you only use right and left trigger? Right...

I got what you said, I didn't know it was better to shoot enemies with the familiar, what a nice tip :D