Why is online racing so popular with this?

Soulsurfer

The racing on this game is an absolute joke and seems to only attract the biggest retards of the community. Am I the only one who joins a race to actually race? Most people it seems only join with the intention of deliberately ramming into you and spinning you out. I was on lap 5/5 last night on the prison ring circuit (not sure of it's name) and had led from lap 1 when a guy I was about to lap purposely went out of his way to smash into me and fuck my race up. WTF is wrong with these idiots? Also the collision mechanic is a joke! I mean I'm sat in my dune buggy and some asshat on a motorcycle is able to smash into me and spin me off with no ill effect on himself at all. He happily rides on to win the race. I honestly don't see the attraction in playing like that. Rant over..

yeah, people ramming is annoying, but theres not much you can do. once i was in first place in a 16player race i was way ahaed and eventually someone caight up and rammed me, then 2 other people were close by and caught up once i got back on track then 1 of them rammed me so now im in 4th place then get overtaken by another 3 cars, all because of 1 guy ramming me.

ram them back, sometimes i ram random people for the fun of it.

The racing on this game is an absolute joke and seems to only attract the biggest retards of the community. Am I the only one who joins a race to actually race? Most people it seems only join with the intention of deliberately ramming into you and spinning you out. I was on lap 5/5 last night on the prison ring circuit (not sure of it's name) and had led from lap 1 when a guy I was about to lap purposely went out of his way to smash into me and fuck my race up. WTF is wrong with these idiots? Also the collision mechanic is a joke! I mean I'm sat in my dune buggy and some asshat on a motorcycle is able to smash into me and spin me off with no ill effect on himself at all. He happily rides on to win the race. I honestly don't see the attraction in playing like that. Rant over..

This hits the nail on the head. Completely agree with you.

It would be nice if we had the option to race with ghost cars just to avoid idiots that just ram people. I think we've all done it though and for me at least I've rammed people by accident on turns and then we are both screwed.

Im all about ghost cars option.

yes, or time trials, or maybe even make ramming less annoying? :p lol

A option to have collisons off would of been nice, Its ridiculious how easy some of the cars can be spun out so easily, In a race i just try hold off from the first corner to avoid all the madness.

yeah, i was in a 16 player race and the guy that was in first was like 20 seconds ahead of 2nd place, he was probably think 'oh yeah owned' when yes he won the race, but thats only because he was a tiny bit ahead and everyone else was ramming each other.

if youre in 1st at the first corner you will probably win because all of the other cars will come through at once and crash.

what also annoys me is that you will take a corner at normal speed using your brakes and turning, that someone will come at full speed, use you as a barrier to slow them down, knock you off the track and turn the corner without using their brakes.

Its Grand Theft Auto...............

Also its a really easy way to level up

Its Grand Theft Auto...............

Also its a really easy way to level up

Exactly.. those things are expected. Three things you can do.

1) Fuck them up before they Fuck you up.

2) Host GTA Races. When you see someone coming up behind you, hit the brakes, let them fly past, and blow their ass up with rockets.

3) Stop racing in GTA

Forza is over there.

I'm well aware of where Forza is thanks. That doesn't answer my question though does it?

Why do I see bitching outside the Bitching Thread?

Oh, that's right...

Because I felt like posting about it here, OK? Also it allows people like you to post the usual smartass replies such as yours! Your reply added nothing to this thread and if you don't like the topic then feel free to remove/move it. Or perhaps your not a moderator here and unable to do such a thing? In that case STFU :)

Everyone else who replied without trying to be witty, thanks for the input.

It's just a part of the game, I don't understand why everyone gets so pissy about it, though it seems like a lot of people are just pissing and moaning about everything, if you're not having fun, you should go and find something that you do find fun (instead of wasting precious minutes of you finite life being a fucking grump and sore loser), and if you really feel the need to drive contactless races in GTA:V, get together some like minded people and drive around like grannies out on a Sunday drive...

As Rivercurse said, this isn't Forza, I don't get why people bitch about stuff happening to them in games, if they can do it to you, then sure as hell you can do it to them!! It's fair game....

If you can't take a few Spin "A" Roonys on the track, play in your own game with trusted friends where you can have a tea party and brush your unicorns pink hair while singing twinkle twinkle little star.

As for why it's so popular? It's quick money and fast RP, also the online is riddled with Criminal Record lobbies with people using it to boost to 100 quicker. In other games I'd get the bitching, but in GTA5 you still get fair RP and Dollars even if you come last!

I'm well aware of where Forza is thanks. That doesn't answer my question though does it?

It's a perfetcly valid point. Moaning about people griefing you in a Grand Theft Auto online race is as ridiculous as moaning about people shooting you in Call of Duty when all you wanted to do was walk peacefully around the map looking at the scenery.

Behaviour is a product of the setting of the game you're playing. This is GTA ffs.

It's a perfetcly valid point. Moaning about people griefing you in a Grand Theft Auto online race is as ridiculous as moaning about people shooting you in Call of Duty when all you wanted to do was walk peacefully around the map looking at the scenery.

Behaviour is a product of the setting of the game you're playing. This is GTA ffs.

Well, then it has to be sorted out somehow, most of people aren´t complete assholes that ruin everyone elses game, and your point is invalid, Call of Duty is about shooting others - that´s just the point but racing in GTA is just about racing, that is why it is not called GTA Race just normal Race, it´s about racing, not about ramming into other people like an asshole.

Best thing would be to put those retarded people in bad sport.

Edited by troy0891

Well, then it has to be sorted out somehow, most of people aren´t complete assholes that ruin everyone elses game, and your point is invalid, Call of Duty is about shooting others - that´s just the point but racing in GTA is just about racing, that is why it is not called GTA Race just normal Race, it´s about racing, not about ramming into other people like an asshole.

I've heard people moaning on their mic when I spin them out, so I figure lets race clean to shut the babies up, even when every single person races clean you end up bumping and bouncing all over the show, it's just the way the mechanics are, that and the fact people get enjoyment out of doing it. If I join a random lobby, and see a chance to take someone out to get first, ala more money and xp, I'll do it.

I think some folks here want the ghost collisions Forza had, while that was good for those worried about times etc, it made the race boring IMO, I don't see Rockstar adding ghost collision to GTA anytime soon (why would they the thought is just stupid) so people raging need to get used to the way the community race, or go play Barbie's Racing Adventures In Wonderland.

Even alternating wins to boost XP was boring so we just went for the chaos approach, we smashed our way to 100 every race with people getting knocked off track etc, it was a blast, some people just don't want to have fun with their games.

Edited by troy0891

A common sense test needs to be applied. No right minded gamer should come into GTA online races expect all the other gamers to move out of your way if you're appraching them from behind at speed, or not to deliberately smash into you, or to obey other racing ettiquettes more commonly found in actual racing games.

And calling people faggots and retards is just plain offensive. There will be gay members of this community, there will also be members of this forum suffering from different types of mental retardation and they are all reading what you post, so just think before you type.

Edited by troy0891

Because I felt like posting about it here, OK? Also it allows people like you to post the usual smartass replies such as yours! Your reply added nothing to this thread and if you don't like the topic then feel free to remove/move it. Or perhaps your not a moderator here and unable to do such a thing? In that case STFU :)

Aww, that's cute.