CoD5 Wii/PS3/X360 Exact Same Game

Ashz0r

Treyarch have put alot of people off buying CoD5:

Firstly they have a very bad track record for their games and have many haters.

Secondly when they talk about CoD5 they cant stop mentioning CoD4 a game they didn't even work on, thus completely destroying their credability.. we don't want to know whats good about a game we already own we want to know if this is going to be a must buy or epic fail thanks.

Would you beleive it:

Treyarch have done it again in managing to destroy this games sales by announcing that CoD5 will be the exact same game on Wii as it will be on Xbox360 and PS3..

I love my Wii.. but I wouldn't like a Wii version of CoD on my xbox ^^

There are designers that are dedicated to the Wii platform, because they're trying to make it for the controls and different stuff, so we have dedicated engineers, artists, and designers associated with the Wii platform, so we have a ton of resources and a stable platform to start with while we're making that thing. But, it will be the exact [same] experience except for the changes that we need to make for the controls and everything else

Hopefully where they say everything else they mean : graphics, gameplay, physics... and pretty much everything else in the game lol.

Original Article here : http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/24/joystiq-interviews-mark-lamia-of-treyarch-and-call-of-duty-the-f/

I also love how the guy in the image is sitting infront of every game Activision has ever made and it claims he has worked on all of them (this maybe true but I kind of doupt it especialy as I see Castle Wolfenstein and Doom 1 up there lol.)

Online on the Wii sounds like a good idea on a console that freezes on CoD3 because there is to much going on (froze about 10 times for me) Also it has no Mic..

Honestly I hope Treyarch make the best CoD yet and this game makes a success of the company.

But they aren't making many friends the moment lol.

I don't really see where it says that it's the exact same game, it just says it's the same experience. Pointing with a Wiimote to shoot would end up being the same thing as using joysticks in a game that's mainly a survival horror game. (a.k.a. largely about the storyline rather than gameplay)

And the article doesn't say that the guy has worked on all of the games behind him, just that the games behind him include all of the games he's worked on.

And the article doesn't say that the guy has worked on all of the games behind him, just that the games behind him include all of the games he's worked on.

Mark Lamia with all the games he's worked on.

^^^

Just under the picture.

As for the hate on CoD3, I have to agree with it. I had it on Wii and PC.

On PC I found the Multiplayer sucked compared to previous games of the series.

On the Wii it seemed to freeze constantly because the Wii couldn't handle the respawning of NPC's constantly. Or if multiple explosions happened at the same time it froze.

The controls were horrendous especialy for the Melee encounters they had in the game. Which I'm expecting they are going to keep because of the use of Katana's etc.

It's not just CoD3 I hate about Treyarch there are many other games.

The main reason I put this article up is because it points out alot of flaws in what they are saying else where about the game.

It would seem they are bluffing their way through this one using CoD4 reputation.

Like I said above though I hope it does turn out to be a good game.. I just don't like all this crap hype they are trying to build up for it using another game as its decoy.

Mark Lamia with all the games he's worked on.

^^^

Just under the picture.

As for the hate on CoD3, I have to agree with it. I had it on Wii and PC.

On PC I found the Multiplayer sucked compared to previous games of the series.

On the Wii it seemed to freeze constantly because the Wii couldn't handle the respawning of NPC's constantly. Or if multiple explosions happened at the same time it froze.

The controls were horrendous especialy for the Melee encounters they had in the game. Which I'm expecting they are going to keep because of the use of Katana's etc.

It's not just CoD3 I hate about Treyarch there are many other games.

The main reason I put this article up is because it points out alot of flaws in what they are saying else where about the game.

It would seem they are bluffing their way through this one using CoD4 reputation.

Like I said above though I hope it does turn out to be a good game.. I just don't like all this crap hype they are trying to build up for it using another game as its decoy.

/agree

Although the trailer looked alright, I wouldnt write COD5 off just yet.

So many threads complaining about CoD5 and its not even out. just wait and see if its any good, if it isnt dont buy it and wait for CoD6 with Infinity Ward.

I'm not complaining about CoD5 in this... how could I haven't played it?

I'm complaining about the way Treyarch are conducting their advertising / how they are explaining the game (which they haven't really done) whenever someone asks them a legit question about it they just reply with something along the lines like "well CoD 4 this that."

they compare it to COD4 alot because it will have the same engine therefore playing the same as COD4 so you cant say its bad without there even been any gameplay videos, give them chance to show off and wait til the release or some new news on the game, i'm hoping there put something out of the bag and create something half decent all we can do it wait :D

My god does anyone actually read the OP properly.. lol

Yes I don't like CoD3 but thats not what this is about the only time I actually mentioned CoD3 in the OP was when I said the Wii couldn't handle it properly which is 100% true because it couldn't. Meaning that CoD5 is going to be toned down alot physics wise to make it work properly and if apparently its the same game experience as the x360 and ps3 versions its either going to be toned down on all 3 or its a lie. I.E quoting where it says "and everything else" hopefully actually meaning what it says..

Why is everyone so touchy just because its a CoD game? When I OP posted this I didn't expect to have to fight off CoD fanboys with a stick.

Edited by Ashz0r

Well all I have to say is if it is the same game, or different depending on the console, you'll always find your fair share of haters on this site. It sometimes seems that no-one can be pleased with anything.

To avoid argument, I can understand peoples concern, & realize that some things should be console specific if possible. I still think we shouldn't let this stop COD fan's from trying it out.

we have people here who've played COD3 on the PC? i mean, how credible are we as a group?!

at any rate, COD3 wasn't bad at all, and Treyarch are good at what they do. They may not have the buzz power IW have, but they're just as technically and artistically capable.

and even if it's the same as on the Wii, it'll be fine. Wii's not that far back, and i won't mind taking a tech hit if it's a one-off, so long as playability's there. of course if they start watering down every release to fit the Wii, then we have a problem.

also please note this isn't COD5 per se, this is COD: World at War. . .

the hate on cod3 was completely overblown and ridiculous. it wasnt perfect, but still pretty damn good.

cod5 looks pretty badass so far.

To be honest, I thought the multiplayer was more addictive for that game. Maybe not better quality-wise, but I certainly had more fun with it.

Ashz0r... Maybe if you've read some recent articles talking about CoD5 you might have known that the Treyarch and Infinity Ward were pretty close when making CoD4 and CoD3. They sent builds back and forth to each other for either testing or just plain criticism. They want to make the "best CoD game they can make." They want to keep the CoD name a good name.

In all actuality, they did work on CoD4. They probably didn't play a HUGE part in it, but they did do something.

And my reply to the exact same game thing... You are an idiot. You must really be hating on CoD5 and trying to defame it. Why on earth would a developer keep Wii graphics for a game on the 360 or PS3?

So the graphics are gonna be shit?

No the graphics are probably in there "and everything else" change.. but what worries me is the actualy physics of the game. The Wii CoD3 had a very toned down version of the physics system because it struggled with to much going on at the same time. If the same game experiance is going to apply to all the consoles "apparently" then to do that the physics system would be the same on all of them.

and would people stop flaming me about CoD3.. read my OP this isn't about CoD3 being good or bad... this is just a discussion I put up to see if I could get any intelligent response to the fact about "the game being the exact game on all consoles"

Maybe I was asking to much of some of you..

If you wan't to whine about CoD3 haters/lovers do it somewhere else please.

Honestly I think they just said that to shut up the wii people there's no way they are going to make the same game on three consoles.

P.S. Just thought I'd link this considering we are on the topic of COD: World at war sucking or not

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/call-of-duty-world-at-war/preview/will-the-next-call-of-duty-suck/a-2008062394152507044/g-20080609145258671045

Honestly I think they just said that to shut up the wii people there's no way they are going to make the same game on three consoles.

P.S. Just thought I'd link this considering we are on the topic of COD: World at war sucking or not

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/call-of-duty-world-at-war/preview/will-the-next-call-of-duty-suck/a-2008062394152507044/g-20080609145258671045

That makes it look a bit more hopeful ^^

reading up on it, the Wii version will be totaly different, yes it will have the same engine and story gameplay but because of the remote thing it has, they will be working on that seperatly therefore keeping the great gameplay and GFX on the next gen consoles. they have a fair while to make this game something special, and to tell us about it so soon can only mean good things, i'm sure there trying there very best to create something good :D

You guys WOULD love COD5 if i said it was being made by Infinity Ward.

If you don't like CO3, then stop fucking moaning about it, geez, you think 1 game is bad? Geez, like the second is always the same as the first.

Well yeah of course, because Infinity Ward actually make good games! I couldn't honestly say the same Treyarch. COD3 multiplayer was shocking in my opinion, whereas COD4 multiplayer kicked ass.