FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

http://pichut.eu/x/fibib.jpg

After the success of last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread with the Community members of the x360a Forums, I thought it would be beneficial to everyone to make it an annual tradition.

Remarkably last Year's FIFA 12 Career Mode Thread (

Link) has to date been viewed over 250,000 times in less than a Year, which equates to more than 4 times as many views as the next most viewed FIFA 12 Thread on the xbox360achievements Forums.

With FIFA 13 now Released, many Players of the Game will soon be creating a new Career Mode with their favourite Team.

This Thread has been designed for Users of the Forum to share anything they think others might find useful during their very own FIFA 13 Career Mode.

FIFA 13 Career Mode Items of Interest can include:

Bargain Players: Those Undiscovered Gems that are excellent Value for Money.

Young Players with High Potential: Share those Wonderkid's whose attributes have grown at a very rapid rate.

Tips: Either before starting or during a current Career Mode Game, what are the essential Tips you would give to others?

Stories: Exceptional FIFA 13 Career Mode Stories which the majority of the Forum would find interesting.

Tactics: What are your "go-to" Tactics which help you to Win Matches or fight back from negative Scorelines.

Anything else related to FIFA 13's Career Mode which the majority of the x360a Community would find interesting:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Editor's Tips:

Link To FIFA 13's Best Young Players Career Mode Database: Click

Here

Description: The FIFA 13 Best Young Players Career Mode Database includes all Players that have an overall Potential of 75+ and start the 2012/2013 Season at an Age of 25 or less.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to Free Transfers and Lower League Club Tips: Click Here

Description: When starting with a Club in a Lower League it can be helpful to Transfer List & Sell nearly all of your Backup Players. This will enable you to Sign some of the Players who are available on Free Transfers to replace them. The Money raised from selling your Backup Players, will give you an improved Transfer Budget to spend building your First Team Squad.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tactics - one tactic I always used no matter what its free form attacking instead of organized. I hate how if you take your striker to the left wing, the LW will just trail him, so instead in free form, he will attack the middle where your striker just was.

Tips - do not just buy high rated players because there rating is high, take a look at things that you need in your play style, ex. high stamina if you sprint alot, or skill moves if you do tricks. I personally will always stay away from players with stamina under 70.

Will be starting up a Liverpool career later tonight when I have the game, and I will also start a career with Anzhi at some point as I did successfully last year. Players who I'm very excited to try out include:

Sterling, Suso, Allen, Pacheco, Wisdom, Morgan (all Liverpool), Tello, Alba (both Barcelona), Dzsudzsak (Dinamo Moscow), Pomazan, Jucilei (both Anzhi), Doumbia, Dzagoev, Schennikov (all CSKA Moscow).

I've been playing with Napoli. Signed Subotic (he's heroic), Hangeland (not so good), Beckham for a bit of depth (and £140k/25k a week) and Raphael Varane on loan from Real. Currently sitting 2nd after beating Palermo and Fiorentina, although I lost in the Super Coppa to Juvé.

Varane's (76) a very good young talent. So too's Lorenzo Insigne (76) and Eduardo Vargas (77) seems to have good potential.

I'd recommend Tom Ince from Blackpool. He cost just under £3m, has a overall rating of 74, but using him on the right wing in my Villa career mode, he's done fantastic. He's skillful and quick, he's already started upping his rating, got a couple of goals, assists, and is only 20 years old! Probably the best signing I've made so far.

Tip: When starting with a Club in a Lower League it can be helpful to Transfer List & Sell nearly all of your Backup Players. This will enable you to Sign some of the Players who are available on Free Transfers to replace them. The Money raised from selling your Backup Players, will give you an improved Transfer Budget to spend building your First Team Squad.

I've taken a look at the Free Transfer Players Available in FIFA 13's Career Mode and here are some of the Younger Players that are likely to be good acquisitions that will to add Value to your Squad:

Selected Free Transfer Players to add Value to your Lower League Squad:

Bassam - GK - 6ft 4" - Value: 250k - Age: 20 - Ability: 62 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +6

Pal - GK - 6ft 1" - Value: 325k - Age: 25 - Ability: 64 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +5

Valverde - RB/CB - 5ft 10" - Value: 400k - Age: 22 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4

Bejarano - LB - 5ft 9" - Value 325k - Age: 24 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4

Gaman - CB - 6ft - Value 450k - Age: 23 - Ability: 64 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +5

Chumacero - RM/CAM/CM - 5ft 3" - Value: 450k - Age: 21 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4

Azogue - LM/RM, 5ft 9" - Value: 325k - Age: 17 - Ability: 62 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +6

Basem Ali - RM/RW - 5ft 8 - Value: 400k - Age: 23 - Ability: 65 - Potential: 69 - Growth: +4 (Pacey Winger)

Somoza - CAM - 5ft 11 - Value: 300k - Age: 22 - Ability: 61 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +7

Tim Payne - ST - 5ft 10 - Value: 210k - Age: 18 - Ability: 57 - Potential: 68 - Growth: +11

None of these Players will set the World alight, but they are all Young with the Potential to grow slightly in Value and are likely to prove to be good acquisitions.

Adding Value and assets to your Club at an early stage is important and as previously mentioned, raising Funds from selling Backup Players and replacing them with Players that are available on Free Transfers will enable you to build a stronger First Team Squad.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I've now added an Editor's Tips section to the Top of the Thread and the first Link that I've added will take you to FIFA 13's Best Young Players Database. Details Below:

Link To FIFA 13's Best Young Players Career Mode Database: Click

Here

Description: The FIFA 13 Best Young Players Career Mode Database includes all Players that have an overall Potential of 75+ and start the 2012/2013 Season at an Age of 25 or less.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Please reformat your post, the text is minuscule and a pain in the arse to read.

Great, now why don't you reformat it too... :p

:wtf

Grey Delta, you seem to want me to Reformat my Text because what I've written is "minuscule and a pain in the arse to read" but it's showing up as the Normal size on my Computer - Verdana Font, Size #2, the same as every other Post on this Thread.

What exactly is wrong with my Text that's being shown on your Display?

No stories yet, other than a dirty derby against the Spuds in the cup lol, 2 reds for me, one was my keeper.. and 1 for them and a few yellow cards in a 3-2 lose for me xD

Just wondering what the deal is with Drogba? is he a FA or what? He plays for Lille in my current game but friends have him at Barcelona and apparently Shalke 04 ? :s .. I didn't see him on the FA list and regardless of where he is it says he has been there since 2012?

http://i.imgur.com/iVyNc.jpg

The rest of the thread shows up fine.

Thanks for Posting, I can see that there is a minor difference shown on your display between the Size of the Text as it appears that the opening details are being shown to you in the Times New Roman Font.

However, on my display everything I have written within the opening details and the Editor's Tips section are showing up as the Verdana Font, Size 2, just like the rest of the Thread. Please see my picture:

http://pichut.eu/x/career.jpg

There you go, it's the same Font and Size! :)

From looking at your Picture, it's not as if it's unreadable on your display anyway, I can read every word from the shrunken down version so it can't really be anything major to the naked eye.

It's pretty obvious what this Thread is for from the Title without having to read the opening details everytime.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

It is pretty small text...

Anyway..

I started my Be A Pro season, im contracted to Liverpool, but have choosen to go out on loan to further my development. So I have joined Oxford City on a season long loan.

My first game (only a friendly) I scored a hat-trick! Not a bad first impression I think!

I started a career with Liverpool and signed Ilkay Gundogan from B. Dortmund, he's gone from OVR 80 up to OVR 85 so far, and he's quite young!

On another note, what's the deal with loan players? I still have Sahin and I'm near the end of my 2nd season, and Carroll still hasn't returned from West Ham?

started career mode with blackpool, pretty solid sqaud and good on the wings with tom ince and matty phillips, but ince moved to qpr cos he was unhappy and had no choice :(, so brought in so knew good wingers, wellington silva, raheem sterling and benjamin totori, all three are good, underated, young and can play either side :) and because iv been doing soo good with blackpool, got an international managers job at bulgaria at same time :p

Hi everyone.

I'm new to the forum, and joined up when I discovered this discussion going when looking for transfer suggestions for season mode. I only started playing FIFA about 3 months ago, but have put about 5 seasons into FIFA 12 on Professional. I've made the step up to World Class now.

I've taken charge of Brentford as they are currently my local team, but am languishing 2nd from bottom as I am finding World Class tough going. I'm still enjoying it mind...

After reading this thread I opted to bring in Bassam (GK) and Ali (winger) on free transfers and they have fitted into the starting line up. I only had about .5M transfer funds, but also brought in two of favourite players - Marvell Wynne and Arvydas Novikovas. The former for his pace and defensive abilities (I use him in the Makakele position), the latter because he's a pacy CF from Lithuania (where my wife is from). He was sadly crap in FIFA 12, but turns out to be half decent in FIFA 13 and is already one of my best players.