Achievement Guide & Roadmap

Nevander

I have thought putting them together with only that pages, but I´m too lazy for it.... xD

Gonna wait someone to do it, and trying to do the speed run first.

And thank you for putting it all together man, will be mos usefull to me.

I'm working on it now actually (not a very productive day at my job ;)). I'm up to EnPro Plant. I'm working off the three charts on Tim's Doom 3 page (links in the individual achievement solutions) and piecing them together using his walkthrough since it's *very* detailed.

I'm going to start another thread with all the information. I have it broken out by section (Mars City, Admin, Alpha Labs, etc) and will probably have one section per post.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm positive that "Boomtastic" is cumulative.

I started one game and got to the first two barrels (where you have to kill that scientist to get his PDA after you go through the security office in Mars City where you get your pistol). I saved before I blew them up then reloaded 6 times for a total of 12 (this is when I posted on Tuesday that I would test and see if reloading worked). Well, since the reload times suck, I decided just to press on.

I figured I only had two barrels destroyed at that point, so I continued. When I got to Administration: Alpha Labs Hallway (where the two Imps blow through that door), I had maybe 11 or 12 destroyed (I do know it was at least 10). Since I had missed an early PDA (Mars City Underground: Garage), and since I wasn't too far into the game, I decided to start a new game.

I recounted every barrel I came across from the start and sure enough, when I got to the same point in Administration, I had 12 destroyed (so technically now I'm up to 36). I continued on, and towards the end of Alpha Labs Sector 1, I had destroyed another 7 (I hit these 7 after I had picked up the last PDA [bernie Lipsitz] in Sector 1). There were 3 together, and I walked through a door and destroyed another 4 (so cumulatively, I'm at 43 now and I think I'm only at 19).

Well, luckily I had saved before this, and since I thought I miscounted, I again reloaded. I destroyed the 3 again and then the 4 in the next room and then the achievement unlocked. At 50 exactly.

So, this achievement is definitely cumulative within one game (Doom 3) if you keep reloading, even if you start a new game. I don't know if it counts if you destroy 30 in Doom 3, 10 in RoE and another 10 in Lost Mission, but I'm not gonna try it. ;)

As I mentioned, after you get the last PDA in Sector 1, you'll come across 7 barrels in two adjacent rooms. If you think you're close and just want to get the achievement out of the way, this is a good place to reload (sorry, I don't remember what section/room these were in):

The first room has one barrel standing by itself and two barrels next to each other (and a pistol Z-Sec shooting at you near the first barrel). If you turn right to go through a door, the walkway falls through and you have to jump up to keep going (it's not life threatening). A machine gun Z-Sec guy comes through that door if you take your time getting there. After you go through that door, something throws a barrel down at you from a ledge up on the left. If you sidestep the barrel, another one might be thrown down. Go up the stairs and you will see a Maggot and a machine gun Z-Sec guy along with two more barrels up there (three if the second one wasn't thrown down). Just save when you get to this first room and reload after you've destroyed all 7 barrels. If you've gotten them all up to this point, you should have 12 before you reach this room. It's just a matter of reloading 6 times and you'll get this achievement!

Since this works, I'm convinced that the 20 melee, chainsaw and Soul Cube kills will work as well. Incidentally, the melee achievement didn't unlock for me until I hit 28 kills. I had shot some to weaken them then melee'd them, so maybe those didn't count? I keep relatively good track of these kinds of achievements (especially for a game that doesn't have a tracker) and it was definitely 28 melees.

EDIT - According to KJT CD ACD on TA, you will hit 50 barrels in Doom 3 when you get to 'EnPro Plant: Lower Storage Hall', that is if you've found and destroyed every other barrel before this. So it can be done either way. It's only 10 gamerscore...

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Yeah, I'm done putting everything in order but the data is not the right format to post here. It's in spreadsheet form and the columns just don't translate to text in a forum.

Maybe if Nevander can edit the first post of the Storage Locker & Door Codes thread to include this and highlight it so people can find it easy? Would that be an acceptable idea, Nevander?

Just uploaded it as an attachment here in .zip format...

I take no credit for the actual text in this spreadsheet, only reformatting it so it's in chronological order. Full credit should go to the author, Tim Morrow, with contributions by Wayne Kerr.

Tim's Doom 3 Page

EDIT - Updated the format of the spreadsheet and uploaded a new copy. Are people finding this helpful? Can people even download it?

Gonna use it as soon as I get home, later.

But I want to say thank you very much, sire.

It´s goona be a hell of a help to have it all together.

:woop::drunk

i think Evil Collector is glitched. I checked some sites and followed all of them and ended up with 19 pdas. I have no idea whats going on and i hope someone can prove me wrong, cuz this really sucks.

I complied that list using IGN's PC walkthrough. It's missing one! I looked at three other walkthroughs/transcripts and all of them have a Leonard Avery PDA between Sean Gibson and Fred Grossan. I'm so sorry!

It's in: Erebus Level 5 - Erebus Research in the Armory.

This location is from http://planetdoom.gamespy.com/View.php?view=DOOMGuides.Detail&id=39

Incidentally, this website is also missing Leonard Avery's PDA...

http://segmentnext.com/2012/10/16/doom-3-bfg-roe-campaign-pda-locations-guide/

EDIT - Also missing Sean Weston's PDA. I believe it's the second one collected in the game.

Location: Erebus Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation

So, now the total count including your PDA is 22.

Erebus

Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Maintenance Supply - Mark Tanner

Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation - Sean Weston

Level 2 - Erebus Dig Site: Central Excavation - Gregory Martin

Level 3 - Erebus Labs: The Proving Grounds - Stewart Jackson

Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Medical Ward - Preston Glenn

Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Site 1 Research Access - Steven Crane

Level 3 - Erebus Labs: Artifact Storage - Viktor Kharkov

Level 4 - Erebus Control: Administration North Hall - Ron Gibbons

Level 4 - Erebus Control: Excavation Transfer - Mac Smith

Level 4 - Erebus Control: Lobby - Nathan Reynolds

Level 5 - Erebus Research: Cargo Storage Stairwell - Sean Gibson

Level 5 - Erebus Research: Armory - Leonard Avery

Level 6 - Erebus Station: Blocked Passage - Fred Grossman

Phobos Labs

Sector 1 - Teleportation: Utility Closet - Bernard Fresko

Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Conference Room - James Owens

Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Pumping Station - Seth Killian

Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Upper Walkway - Keith Noordy

Sector 2 - Molecular Research: Security Control - David Edens

Sector 3 - Main Reactor: Lower Maintenance - Nicolas Haag

Sector 1 - Teleportation: Airlock Access - Ronn Jolan

Delta Labs

Unknown - Union Aerospace Research Division: Common Area - Patrick Hook

This list has a transcript of every PDA in Doom 3, RoE and The Lost Mission. Finally, a confirmed list of Lost Mission PDA's to go along with xX GRIM R3AP3R's pics (link)

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/PDA

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2369/5+f+zD6f.jpg

Too Slow, Fool! – 10:gsicon:

Kill 5 enemies at once while in Hell Time in RoE

You will first obtain Hell Time for the Artifact once you defeat the Helltime Hunter boss. Hell Time is this game’s version of slow motion. It is activated by using the Bloodstone (see “Evil Nightmare”). Simply try to find a group of five enemies and then activate the Bloodstone.

A most excellent spot for this:

EREBUS - LEVEL 3 - EREBUS LABS

After you obtain the second power cell from Administrative Office and are heading back towards Artifact Storage Control, you will hear laughter and the room turns red when you enter Lab Systems. This is a perfect place to use Hell Time since 9-10 zombies appear, making it easy.

This section is a few rooms after you pick up the third PDA (Steven Crane) of this section and a few rooms before you pick up the fourth (Viktor Kharkov).

Credit goes to xX GRIM R3AP3R

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Thanks guys for all the great feedback and I will adjust the guide and update it in a little while, right now I am a bit dug in to Minecraft 1.8 update. Hang in there and everything will be changed.

So glad to hear I can save anywhere!

just a quick question nevander, how did you obtain the cube? do you have to complete the game? or finish it on nightmare?

Confirmed collectibles list for all three games!

It's in zipped spreadsheet form, so you have to be signed in to download it. The format is just too much to post everything here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5339115&postcount=5

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

can somebody confirm that if you miss a pda,movie or storage locker in yr first walkthrough, you DON'T have to search for everything again in the next walkthrough?

normaly this info is in guide but here it's seems to be missing... just to clear out any mistakes... was wondering because I've missed storage locker 003 and I'm now at monorail... ;( if you do have to search for it all over again I'm gonna sell the game LOL

can somebody confirm that if you miss a pda,movie or storage locker in yr first walkthrough, you DON'T have to search for everything again in the next walkthrough?

normaly this info is in guide but here it's seems to be missing... just to clear out any mistakes... was wondering because I've missed storage locker 003 and I'm now at monorail... ;( if you do have to search for it all over again I'm gonna sell the game LOL

Um, yeah, you're gonna have to do a whole other playthrough from beginning to end. This game doesn't let you go back to previously explored areas much,and there is no "chapter" select. You have to get every collectible, in order, in one playthrough, much like Rage.

Maybe Nevander should mention it in the roadmap that all collectibles must be obtained in one playthrough.

Seems a bit harsh that just because you missed one storage locker you're not going to enjoy the other four games on the disc. Are achievements your only concern here, not enjoying the game? I have to say, that's pretty lame.

Welcome to the forums.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Edit: Ninja'd lol

My first thought is that you would have to get everything again, however I am not entirely sure. It's possible that if you have a save near one you missed, you could theoretically load it and get the one you missed and trigger the achievement.

Edit: Ninja'd lol

My first thought is that you would have to get everything again, however I am not entirely sure. It's possible that if you have a save near one you missed, you could theoretically load it and get the one you missed and trigger the achievement.

Beat ya to it! ;)

But if you have a save for a previous area, that would mean everything you obtained after that save would be lost, wouldn't it, since you technically haven't gotten anything yet. At least I would think so.

I've been making separate saves at the beginning of each area (Mars City, Underground, Mars City 2, Administration, etc...) just in case I found that if I had forgotten a collectible, I wouldn't have to start all over again from the very beginning. Luckily, since I started again after missing one PDA, I've gotten everything.

I have to say, that's pretty lame.

yeah maybe it's lame, it's just the fact since I reached the full 2000 on gears3 more then 7 months ago,I don't have the balls anymore to do those achievs, I'm not saying the game is bad, played it a few times on the original xbox in the old days, but achievos like that just ruins the game, searching for more then 100 collectibles in such a dark game :uzi:and then they couldn't save it to another walkthrough :drunkis just such a shame they did that... and offcours I gonna play it till the end and those extra levels but that's it, life is to short to spend it on this..

cheers

Edited by M0rpheus