Achievement Discussion

Clueless

I agree with the OP, Boosting is for dickheads will no skills at gaming.

Have fun trying to get them legit when the game is dead. I guess you're still such a badass so you can't boost them right?

By the way, boosting =/= skill. Just because I boost doesn't mean I couldn't kick your ass or anyone else's, even though I may not be able to. The point is you can't say a booster is bad at the game. Maybe (in my case) I just want the online achievements out of the way so I go play the part of the game that matters.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun trying to get them legit when the game is dead. I guess you're still such a badass so you can't boost them right?

By the way, boosting =/= skill. Just because I boost doesn't mean I couldn't kick your ass or anyone else's, even though I may not be able to. The point is you can't say a booster is bad at the game. Maybe (in my case) I just want the online achievements out of the way so I go play the part of the game that matters.

i wish everyone understood what boostings all about like u do.

the first thing im gonna do before i play the story is to get all the mp cheevos out of the way first.

My plan in order of what to do:

1. MP stuff out of the way first.
  2. Main game on Recruit + main game stuff and misc stuff, unlock Nightmare.
  3. Speed Run achievement if I didn't get it on step 2.
  4. RoE on Recruit + RoE specific stuff, unlock Nightmare.
  5. Lost Mission on Recruit + Lost Mission specific stuff, unlock Nightmare.
  6. Nightmare on each mode and the 600:gsicon:.

I'm 99% positive this game is a 6-7 playthrough minimum. Since you have to unlock Nightmare (possibly for each part of the game), so that's 3 to unlock it for each one, then 3 more on each one for Nightmare, then one for the speed run if you didn't get it on the first go of Doom 3's main campaign.

It seems as if RoE might be the hardest of the three possibly. No telling what the Lost Mission is but I would imagine it's not hard, or at least not harder than what we already have since they were just 'cut missions.'

As far as bosses go (hardest parts of the game) I have good strategies in my guide so far and I just need to fine tune them. I have also found good videos demonstrating a right to the point way to kill them.

Did you know you can kill the Sabaoth in like five seconds and the Guardian in the same (with a direct BFG hit)? Pretty awesome stuff.

I hope I'm the first to find the RAGE logo. :D

Edited by Nevander

I like how you say "so many other games we have to play"

Have to play?

Why? Got no life? lol

I agree with the OP, Boosting is for dickheads will no skills at gaming.

Why? I have already bought those games and are sitting on my shelf.. bought and paid for.. THAT'S WHY.

Boosting is for people who actually play the game "Smarter" and at a more productive rate as well. No need to spend 10x the amount of time it would take to do it legit.

Did you forget where you are at? This site is based around acheivements and boosting. LOL, get a grip and acknowledge it before coming off as the Minority of users on this website.. which you clearly are.

I love your childish assumptions an generalizations. Boosting for an online achievement has absolutely no bearing on someone's skill in playing said game. I remember boosting Bioshock 2 for a week, and after I was done, I played the MP for a month afterward legitly and I must admit, I got pretty damn good at the game and really enjoyed it as well.

You're assumptions and claims just don't hold up in a real world argument. Get a grip.

Edited by Delow317

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/doom-3-bfg-edition/trophies/

if you look in the ps3 trophy list it has doom 1 and 2 trophies.

Thanks for the info man! Since nearly every game has the same acheivements and trophies on both platforms, this should be a safe bet for us. I just wonder why they havn't been updated on 360A yet?

I also wanted to point out that Doom 1 only had 8 trophies while Doom 2 only has 7. These were exactly the same trophies as the achievements in the XBLA versions of Doom 1 and 2, but why aren't all 12 included in the trophy list? Probably due to the fact that there isn't a set GS to each trophy.. hence the leveling system of the trophies themselves.

I think it's almost safe to assume now that they will be exact same cheeves as the XBLA versions. I only hope I get to acheive them again as I love Doom 1 and 2. Hopefully they won't just transfer over for those of us that own and have completed the XBLA versions, or atleast I hope so anyway.

Edited by Delow317

There is no reason that Doom 3 BFG has 600 total gs score instead of the regular 1000. Im actually angry at this because its going to look ugly and strange on the list when 99% of the completed game have 1000 gs except for this one...Its just brake the pattern just like Condemned or Lord of the rings did.

The reason why this game should have a full 1000 is that this is game is Doom 3 BFG edition, not the Doom Trilogy edition. Im buying a game that is called Doom 3 BFG edition. It would have been understandable if it was the Doom Trilogy because then you would put 600+200+200. But now they just brake it by doing this stupid move. I have already maxed out Doom 1 and 2 for XBLA and im not interested in the extra copy you get with Doom 3 BFG edition.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/doom-3-bfg-edition/trophies/

if you look in the ps3 trophy list it has doom 1 and 2 trophies.

That's because Doom 1 and 2 have never come to PSN until now. Therefor their list is different than ours to compensate for not having it. I highly doubt ours will stack a second time.

Why? I have already bought those games and are sitting on my shelf.. bought and paid for.. THAT'S WHY.

Boosting is for people who actually play the game "Smarter" and at a more productive rate as well. No need to spend 10x the amount of time it would take to do it legit.

Did you forget where you are at? This site is based around acheivements and boosting. LOL, get a grip and acknowledge it before coming off as the Minority of users on this website.. which you clearly are.

I love your childish assumptions an generalizations. Boosting for an online achievement has absolutely no bearing on someone's skill in playing said game. I remember boosting Bioshock 2 for a week, and after I was done, I played the MP for a month afterward legitly and I must admit, I got pretty damn good at the game and really enjoyed it as well.

You're assumptions and claims just don't hold up in a real world argument. Get a grip.

That doesn't necessarily make it "smarter". I would think anyone capable of figuring it out or grinding it on their own would be more admirable or smarter in a sense.

Boosting is a double edge sword. If you're constantly doing it, then you're really not earning full credit on truly earning it. That's just me though. I usually boost for something if A) It's overly frustrating to get on my own or B) I want a completion (or close to) and it's convenient.

Some games it's somewhat required to boost. Others it's an option. If you frequent the option more, then you're playing for fun. Not skill.

That doesn't necessarily make it "smarter". I would think anyone capable of figuring it out or grinding it on their own would be more admirable or smarter in a sense.

Boosting is a double edge sword. I totally agree with you on this actually. If you're constantly doing it, then you're really not earning full credit on truly earning it. That's just me though. I usually boost for something if A) It's overly frustrating to get on my own or B) I want a completion (or close to) and it's convenient. Yeah I think in my post I came off as someone who boosts all the time when in reality I dont, but that's only because I just don't play as much games as some people and the fact that I mainly play single player games.

Some games it's somewhat required to boost. Others it's an option. If you frequent the option more, then you're playing for fun. Not skill.

Fair enough man, fair enough. ;)

Don't know yet. I guess either nobody has tried it, or nobody knows... I am dying to play this game!

To hell with my late shipping!!1! :p

Yes, there is a private match, and good news, you can unlock all of the online achievements playing in a private match! Everything but "2 Deaths - 1 Gun" can be done with two people; that one requires three. I posted my findings in the achievement guide thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5332884&postcount=20

Yes, there is a private match, and good news, you can unlock all of the online achievements playing in a private match! Everything but "2 Deaths - 1 Gun" can be done with two people; that one requires three. I posted my findings in the achievement guide thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5332884&postcount=20

SWEET! Updating guide now with the new info. Did you find out private works? If so I shall credit you.

SWEET! Updating guide now with the new info. Did you find out private works? If so I shall credit you.

Yeah, CurseofSamhain messaged me to see if I wanted to boost. We both said that we didn't know if it worked in a private match, but I suggested we try an easy one like "Crushed!". So we did. It worked! Also found that in Invisibility power up spawns when the chamber opens again, so we did "Ninja Killer" as well.

We hopped around a few maps looking for a teleporter and a Berserk and found 'The Edge 2'.

Yeah, CurseofSamhain messaged me to see if I wanted to boost. We both said that we didn't know if it worked in a private match, but I suggested we try an easy one like "Crushed!". So we did. It worked! Also found that in Invisibility power up spawns when the chamber opens again, so we did "Ninja Killer" as well.

We hopped around a few maps looking for a teleporter and a Berserk and found 'The Edge 2'.

Check out my last post on the guide. Got it simplified to a very quick, easy to follow walk-through to obtain the MP stuff. Thank you for your efforts sir!

How long are the two Add-Ons compared to the maincampaign? (First Playthrough on Veteran)

Doom 3 itself has 27 levels, but I've seen the "speedrun" of 10 hours isn't all that hard to accomplish.

I read somewhere that "The Lost Mission" is only seven levels long, shouldn't take more than 2 hours I imagine.

Resurrection of Evil is 12 missions long, so I'd say maybe 4 hours.

Edited by dwayne_hicks