Update to come Dec 1st est.

DCDeacon:

PS3 & 360 updates have been submitted for certification. PC coming too. Current estimate is they will be live the week after T’giving.

This is not good enough.

What do you mean not good enough? This is standard Microsoft practice. I am quite impressed Bethesda have already finished work on the patch. It has only been just over a week right?

With millions and millions of people playing an open world game like Skyrim, Im actually impressed how few bugs there are. There is always going to be a few here and a few there and maybe a game killing one but, the game can be played so many ways by so many different people its bound to happen. Props to them for a quick patch release.

DCDeacon:

PS3 & 360 updates have been submitted for certification. PC coming too. Current estimate is they will be live the week after T’giving.

This is not good enough.

I really have no idea what you mean by "not good enough"

What do you want them to do? They have submitted the patch to MS, and MS takes time to validate the patch and make sure it doesn't mess something else up.

On top of that there is a Major US holiday next week. 2 weeks out is pretty standard.

DCDeacon:

This is not good enough.

If it isn't good enough for you, why don't you go code a patch for this game and get it through MS certification faster.

I'll give Bethesda props once I see the patch actually works. There's a lot that needs fixing and the only thing I've seen them announce that they were fixing is the graphical issues concerning installing the disc onto hard drive. I hope they actually fixed the quests and bugs.

we're supposed to be thankful because they're releasing a patch?

fuck that, I'll be happy when they have people testing it before release, like a lot of developers do.

but whatever. today I get Skyrim....couldn't wait for a patch. lol

I'm not sure if its just trolls or 'entitled' children who come onto these boards but I have to give props to Bethesda in every category for this game. Not only did they deliver a HUGE open-world game with very few (if any) bugs, no game breaking faults and a game that just looks mind blowing.

If they didn't have people 'testing' this game before release, "like a lot of developers do", my God man! This was a pretty successful release without testing IMO. Remember Fallout: New Vegas? Main quest characters spawning in ceilings? Scorpions half buried? It was hard to keep going in that game. In Skyrim, I'm finding it hard to find a stopping place!

And having a patch out within a month of release is outstanding. Stop whining and play the damn game!

I'm not sure if its just trolls or 'entitled' children who come onto these boards but I have to give props to Bethesda in every category for this game. Not only did they deliver a HUGE open-world game with very few (if any) bugs, no game breaking faults and a game that just looks mind blowing.

If they didn't have people 'testing' this game before release, "like a lot of developers do", my God man! This was a pretty successful release without testing IMO. Remember Fallout: New Vegas? Main quest characters spawning in ceilings? Scorpions half buried? It was hard to keep going in that game. In Skyrim, I'm finding it hard to find a stopping place!

And having a patch out within a month of release is outstanding. Stop whining and play the damn game!

Oblivion and FO New Vegas were filled with bugs and quests you can't continue. There are many reports that in Skyrim this is also the case.

Seems like Bethesda doesn't learn from it's mistakes or just doesn't give a damn to change things (prior release).

"But they can patch shit right?" But that just pisses me off, dev's rely on patches too much.

Upon buying the game, you get a faulty product. And they know it, and they don't do shit about it.

These posts may make me look like a hater, but I love Bethesda...just like you love a person and at the same time they can also piss you off sometimes.

Oblivion and FO New Vegas were filled with bugs and quests you can't continue. There are many reports that in Skyrim this is also the case.

Seems like Bethesda doesn't learn from it's mistakes or just doesn't give a damn to change things (prior release).

"But they can patch shit right?" But that just pisses me off, dev's rely on patches too much.

Upon buying the game, you get a faulty product. And they know it, and they don't do shit about it.

These posts may make me look like a hater, but I love Bethesda...just like you love a person and at the same time they can also piss you off sometimes.

Games like this are bound to be bugged. Regardless of how much testing they do. The game has almost UNLIMITED combinations of things, and it is hard to test all. A glitch could occur just because of the mixed armour you're wearing combined with a certain spell, standing in just a certain spot on a certain difficulty. It isn't like FPS's or the like where everything is linear.

If you look at the patch from a different standpoint. Ie: It is a damn good thing consoles are online that they CAN fix these things that come up afterwards, instead of being stuck with a broken game.

Also to all those people who are hoping the patch will fix this and that. Have you submitted bug reports to Bethesda? People can bitch online all they want about issues, but until people bring it up with Bethesda it won't do any good.

Consider yourselves lucky guys, the ps3 version is absolutely f**ked. When the save file goes over 5mb there's immense lag, it's nigh unplayable at times. Unfortunately though, the patch was announced the same day that these issues came public so the fix isn't in this one. I'll probably have to wait for about a month for a patch, if there ever will be one.

Though i'm sure this doesn't mean much to you guys, Bethesda have royally f**ked up with this one, in the ps3 version anyway.