Swift Speller??

IEvil IMonkey

Has anybody got this :confused:

I've solved a word on my own to win a round like the achievement says and the clock was on 1:57

I've also tried getting the letters, pausing to find answer and then putting it in and the clock was on 1:56

Both have resulted in me NOT getting the achievement :( I hope this isn't glitched.....

Can anybody shed any light on this please?

Has anybody got this :confused:

I've solved a word on my own to win a round like the achievement says and the clock was on 1:57

I've also tried getting the letters, pausing to find answer and then putting it in and the clock was on 1:56

Both have resulted in me NOT getting the achievement :( I hope this isn't glitched.....

Can anybody shed any light on this please?

I got it after restarting several times until I got an easy word first time getting 1.55 (which obviously is 6 seconds and then got it on 1.56. Pausing the game does not work as it obviously continues counting even though the clock is paused.

I got the Swift Speller achievement. What I did was started a new round of standard mode so I could keep an eye on the time. I started a new round so the longest word would only be about 5 letters. As soon as the round started I made a quick mental note of the letters and immediately hit the power/sleep button. I put the letters in the anagram solver, woke my phone up, and put the longest word in as quick as I could. I have the HTC Surround, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I just got it in Daily Word. Before that I fulfilled the requirements a million times on Standard with 1:55, 1:56 and 1:57, but it didn't pop.

If you are still having trouble do it like this:

On the main menu, go to "Help & Options" and select "Dictionary". Change it to anything, confirm, then change back to English. Go to Daily Word and using http://grecni.com/texttwist.php find the solution. Repeat the language change process and once more go play the Daily Word. The word will be the same, so just type as fast as you can, and you'll get the achievement. =)

Hint: if the word in English is too big and you can't type it fast enough, select another language, fail on purpose to see the solution and then do it one more time. To speed up the process of playing 30 times, i'm playing in English (word today is bluming) and German (word today is bibel), so i have to switch languages just once per match!

• 2 weeks later...
I solved it in between 2 an 4 seconds many times without success in standard. Not sure if I ever did it on the first word though when the achievement popped I did it on the first word of the game and it popped right away.

Just to avoid confusion when you say the first word I am assuming you mean the first Bingo* word in the first round as in filling that in completes the round.

Bingo* = largest word with yellow star background

• 2 weeks later...
I got the Swift Speller achievement. What I did was started a new round of standard mode so I could keep an eye on the time. I started a new round so the longest word would only be about 5 letters. As soon as the round started I made a quick mental note of the letters and immediately hit the power/sleep button. I put the letters in the anagram solver, woke my phone up, and put the longest word in as quick as I could. I have the HTC Surround, I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

i just tryed this method and it worked for me first try

It does not unlock in both standard and untimed. I got it in Daily Word (yesterday's bingo word was "Burds", which was short and sweet) at 2:58, i.e., within 2 seconds from the start.

It does unlock in Standard (Timed) as that is where I got it. For those of you struggling change the settings to 5 letters in the options. I got it on about my third attempt as the words were very easy to figure out.

Although there is another method if you really can't figure it out quick enough. Play Daily Word, now go here and enter in the letters and find the word. Now quit out and go into options and change language to German, confirm and then change it straight back to English. Now go back to Daily Word and the letters will be exactly the same, although will be in different places but very easy none the less.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82