Not scary at all

Deceptive Hornet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This game is scary as heck! If u find yourself opening a door and not wanting to go in, ur scarred. If you hear a noise, panic, and back up into a corner, ur scarred. If ur waist time in a "cleared" area instead of moving on, ur scarred. If u hear a noise or maybe because of instinks equip ur most powerful upgraded "fuck off" weapon for no other reason, ur scarred. If u take 1 step forward and 2 steps back, ur scarred. If u suddenly start panic firing, shooting 13 shots into thr nearest enemies chest, insted of limbs, ur scarred.

I experienced all of these things and more...

This and ds1 is the best horror suspence game for fear since resident evil 2.

I'm going to go with the general consensus. Whilst DS2 is a very good game, and has both freaky and jumpy moments, it wasn't as scary as the original. It lacked that purveying atmosphere of dread and tension, and the feeling you were never truly safe. One time when I fought the Hunter I had to stop playing right after as my nerves were just shot.

It may have something to do with the bigger, more colourful environments, and that there's a lot more dialogue this time. I can however understand why they did this, since otherwise we'd be complaining they just rehased the same old ideas. One odd omission was the lack of Necros in the spacewalk sections, since their ability to attack without making a sound really kept you on your toes

There was just too much action and too many enemies coming at you to make it a scary experience. The first game had its quiet moments, which very quite scary because you couldn't tell are you safe or not. Here you just waited for the next line of the enemies to come, so it felt more like a shoot'em up experience than a horror game.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I think I went through the game three times... just for the cheevos. It didn't get any less stressful each time—my heart was beating crazy!

I already couldn't feel the stress the 2nd playthrough; in fact, even the 1st playthrough I never really jumped from my seat or sweated. Only Dead Space 1 could do that magic to me properly.

To me, a sudden burst of sounds or enemies, that is, forgive me to say this, cheap ways to force a scare. True scariness / horror needs that subtlety and tension building. DS2 has some of that but much less compared to DS1.

• 2 months later...