Destiny Vault of Glass Raid glitch at the Spire

crabbycrabcrab

Me and my team were going for flawless raider last night (And failed) and someone mentioned being able open the door on the first part without doing a thing.

As soon as the the vault of glass started we sat down and just waited. No enemies spawned and the spire began to build itself to completion and the door opened!

We tried this about 3 times and it worked. But other times it didn't. It seems not moving forward never triggers the enemies to spawn and take over the plates.

Here is a video of it happening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFlCNVAF5G0]Destiny - The Raid Vault of Glass Spire Glitch - YouTube[/ame]

Interesting glitch. This is one of the easiest parts of the raid though, so its not very useful :p

I also have never been able to do this. We've tried just sitting there. We've driven all the way back to Campus 9 and waited there. The best we got was the tower being completely built, but the vault never opens.

I the video it it actually opens the door. It'll either work for me and we go in or the enemies will spawn and take the plates.

Never had it complete the spire then the door not be open. But it is a glitch.

The other day we opened the door legit and it closed again, then opened. Weird.

i think it's because that player is in the top right of the area.. a level 27 if you look at the video.. perhaps since he was not in the raiding party the game didn't want to spawn a bunch of vex on a player not involved with the raid.. that's all i can think of..

i did the other version without issue.. which is posted on the xbox 1 forum..

I could never get it to work either. Tried going for it everytime I attempted the "Flawless Raider" (finally got it tonight) achievement and we could never get it to work. It's not a big deal anyways as it is undoubtedly the easiest section of the raid.

Congrats on flawless man, seems like a distant thing for me still. Btw i got it to work once last night again. There were no other players about apart from my fireteam