Upload Outreach Program | Win an Xbox One + 12 Months of LIVE and Some Launch Titles

iBuzz7S

Video form.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFdeXns2xc]Upload: Outreach Program - YouTube[/ame]

Text form.

We are excited to announce the Upload Outreach Program, an effort to attract creative minds from around the world to become a major part of the Upload experience. Selected users will receive a brand new Xbox One, a

1- year Xbox Live Gold membership and a selection of launch titles *, and will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the Upload team to see their content show up within the Upload experience.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:

• Create a 1 minute video about any Xbox 360 or Xbox One game you love
  • Upload it to the web so we can see it (use Youtube, Vimeo, or any public website we can access)
  • Send us the link to [email protected] by September 15, 2013 18:59 ET

You can read the Terms and Conditions here.

Read the T&C properly, as there are a few things to consider before sending any emails to Microsoft.

Source: http://majornelson.com/2013/08/22/upload-outreach-program/

Read the T&C properly, as there are a few things to consider before sending any emails to Microsoft.

• your entry is your own original work and does not infringe or violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity;
  • your entry only includes material (including music, video or images) that you own, that you have created, or that you have permission from the copyright / trademark owner to use;

That means that I would've to ask the publisher whether I'm allowed to record my gameplay or not or do I don't understand it?

That means that I would've to ask the publisher whether I'm allowed to record my gameplay or not or do I don't understand it?

That's how I understand it. But I do have this for games published by Microsoft and it does explain a few things.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Developer/Rules

I'm thinking of doing something with either Halo or Crackdown. Since it is published by Microsoft, they should not find it difficult to advertise the footage since it is theirs.

• your entry is your own original work and does not infringe or violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity;
  • your entry only includes material (including music, video or images) that you own, that you have created, or that you have permission from the copyright / trademark owner to use;

Well that sucks..

I would have done cod or FIFA, but both companies will say no :(

I'll look into it though seems like a good idea and a great prize!

So, you get to send them a 1 minute video, which they can use however they want, without even telling you.

Who really wins here? Microsoft because they get a ton of free advertising resources?

The person with a free X1 + Games + Year of Gold.

As far as advertising goes, MS will always get theirs.

You gotta admit, from Microsoft's point of view, this Upload Outreach Program is an outstanding idea.

They give away a free system, some games, and a year of live, basically a prize worth about $1000 ... and they get oodles of free advertising.

The real question is ... why didn't Sony think of this first?

I seem to remember replying in this thread but.

1 how am i supposed to an xb1 game that wont be released till after contest is over?

2. One minute would be hard to show love for many games.

3. Contest is kinda set up to be easier for you to "love" microsoft ip easier.

I like the concept but seems like a pr ad campaign where its just not worth it. Only one winner from what i read with millions of submissions for them to freely use yeah m$ wins.

I seem to remember replying in this thread but.

1 how am i supposed to an xb1 game that wont be released till after contest is over?

2. One minute would be hard to show love for many games.

3. Contest is kinda set up to be easier for you to "love" microsoft ip easier.

I like the concept but seems like a pr ad campaign where its just not worth it. Only one winner from what i read with millions of submissions for them to freely use yeah m$ wins.

1. You don't use an Xbox One game. Or you find footage and get permissions from the owner.

2. That's the whole point. It isn't supposed to be easy.

3. Yes? That's the whole point. You make a video, MS gets to use it (and you) for future advertisements and collaborations, and you get some nice prizes. I don't see why this is a bad thing.

That still doesnt answer my question how the hell am i supposed to love a game on a system thats not bloody out????? That does not make sense no matter how many times you quote that. I guess uaing game footage from e3 and the like would indeed be easy but not very original seeing how m$ has already used it once as promo footage!

That still doesnt answer my question how the hell am i supposed to love a game on a system thats not bloody out????? That does not make sense no matter how many times you quote that. I guess uaing game footage from e3 and the like would indeed be easy but not very original seeing how m$ has already used it once as promo footage!

You love what you see in a trailer or gameplay footage of a game that hasn't released yet?

People seem to absolutely love GTA V and it isn't out yet.

Let me try this again...

I don't care about the outreach program itself but I am pretty excited that we all get our own gaming channels for videos through the Upload feature. I was wondering if it would have any organization to it, so I'm pretty happy to hear it does. Kind of like having a youtube channel but only for games! :D

Should be useful especially for video achievement guides.

This time mod staff...PLEASE don't delete my completely on topic post...

Edited by Gackt

Could you not just tea-bag and punch a dead corpse for a minute while stopping to shoot randomly in the air ?

This may be one of the funnier things I have read in quite a while....

But seriously after getting your large group of jean punchers together wouldn't it just lead to a large argument about who gets the Xbox1 in the end?