The Hero (Missable Quest List)

Powerman1469

This sounds like what I might end up having to do since the female thieves are hostile to me. Where can I find Ophis? It isn't the cyclopes going up the path to the castle right? Because he doesn't seem to have a name and is always hostile.

If the female thieves are hostile towards you, I highly doubt you would even be able to talk to the leader, which is ophis. If you want to try though, I found her in the little tower at that ruins, sitting at a table with a bunch of other thieves.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called the same one: 'Thick as Thieves'

Here are the details listed:

Follow Ophis orders and dispatch some of the rival southron bandits. Report back to her afterwards

Then after that, it says 0/10 so I guess I have to kill ten male bandits in that area. I've already done the quest for the male bandits so I guess it wouldn't be too big of a loss.

Well the bandit outside re spawn so it doesn't matter if you kill them, doesn't affect the Male leader.

For the Female leader bandit, Ophis is the female leaders name. Guess you can talk to the lady outside the gate to start the feeding quest and make her happy OR just go talk to Ophis and go kill some male bandits

Edited by Powerman1469

Okay I was confused I thought Ophis was the name of the Cyclopes that you have to feed to open up the Secret Admirer notice board quest. I read somewhere that he is the same cyclopes that the female thief asks you to feed. Though it said that he was located in a pen somewhere.

I think my only option on this quest might be to buy the item to change my character and play as a female with a female pawn. I REALLY don't want to do this though. If I mess this quest up will I be able to do it on NG+ or will they somehow remember? If that was the case, then I'd have to do a 100% playthrough with a female Arisen. And that is something that I'm probably not going to even bother with.

I'll try passing a week or two in-game though. I've heard that might reset the bandit leaders hostility.

Okay I was confused I thought Ophis was the name of the Cyclopes that you have to feed to open up the Secret Admirer notice board quest. I read somewhere that he is the same cyclopes that the female thief asks you to feed. Though it said that he was located in a pen somewhere.

I think my only option on this quest might be to buy the item to change my character and play as a female with a female pawn. I REALLY don't want to do this though. If I mess this quest up will I be able to do it on NG+ or will they somehow remember? If that was the case, then I'd have to do a 100% playthrough with a female Arisen. And that is something that I'm probably not going to even bother with.

I'll try passing a week or two in-game though. I've heard that might reset the bandit leaders hostility.

I'd say if you still can't get it done in your playthrough now, When you do start NG+ do the female bandit quest first thing when you can. Feed the pet make the leader happy and hopefully this will be your last quest, and the achievement will pop right there

I'd say if you still can't get it done in your playthrough now, When you do start NG+ do the female bandit quest first thing when you can. Feed the pet make the leader happy and hopefully this will be your last quest, and the achievement will pop right there

Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Hopefully it won't come to that. This might be completely unrelated, but I've noticed this with some other quests. I haven't advanced the main quest passed the part where the pawn guild asks you to go into the Everfall for the first time. I also haven't completed the Chasing Shadows quest. (This was why I couldn't do some of the other quests I'm missing.) Is there a prerequisite for this quest? I don't think so. I just want to make sure.

Thanks. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Hopefully it won't come to that. This might be completely unrelated, but I've noticed this with some other quests. I haven't advanced the main quest passed the part where the pawn guild asks you to go into the Everfall for the first time. I also haven't completed the Chasing Shadows quest. (This was why I couldn't do some of the other quests I'm missing.) Is there a prerequisite for this quest? I don't think so. I just want to make sure.

Good catch i forgot about the chasing shadows quest, thought that one was a main quest. I added it to the guide. You can do that quest soon as you finish A Matter of Myrmidons when you get to the capital for the first time. Only quest you need to do before Lure of the Abyss is the early Cassardis Quest's.

I finally completed the Thick as Thieves quest. :woop: It was the badge I got from completing Maul's quest that was messing me up. That symbolizes that you're part of his clan of thieves. So it makes sense the opposing clan wouldn't be friendly with someone associated with them. I dumped it in storage and had no problems. So if you're having trouble like I was, that's what I would recommend.

Also I ran past the initial cyclopes on the way there and the bald chick outside was still hostile. (Probably because I was being chased/attacked.) I just ran up to her and spammed B until triggered the conversation. I didn't have any trouble once I made it to the cyclopes to feed it. This is one of my favorite things so far in the game.

It was incredibly frustrating getting it to work. But I thought the pet cyclopes was really cool.

Scanned the thread but didn't notice a mention of the Scarecrow training quest?

I did the first two parts with just my main pawn, the last part needed mage support or it was simply not possible so I left and looked for mages and stuff. Then a Hydra came or something, I dunno. I couldn't continue training after I left is all I know.

I did the first two parts with just my main pawn, the last part needed mage support or it was simply not possible so I left and looked for mages and stuff. Then a Hydra came or something, I dunno. I couldn't continue training after I left is all I know.

why did it need mage support?

admittedly i had a mage with me,but the damage went down when i hit them with my sword(the blue ones),the red ones i hit with my bow and arrow

there were only 3 blues at the front right?

edit:sorry i meant daggers not sword

That's a notice board quest though isn't it?

Thanks a lot for the guide, I have a couple questions though.

#1: On your second playthrough, do all the quests you completed in the first one stay in the "completed" tab on the quest page? If not, I'll probably make a list before I start the new game plus so I don't have to do all of them over again.

#2: In terms of bulletin board quests, does doing ones in your second playthrough again that you already completed in the first playthrough count towards the 50 you need for the achievement, or do you have to do 50 different ones?

Thanks a lot for the guide, I have a couple questions though.

#1: On your second playthrough, do all the quests you completed in the first one stay in the "completed" tab on the quest page? If not, I'll probably make a list before I start the new game plus so I don't have to do all of them over again.

#2: In terms of bulletin board quests, does doing ones in your second playthrough again that you already completed in the first playthrough count towards the 50 you need for the achievement, or do you have to do 50 different ones?

No, they dont stay in your completed tab.

Yes you can do ones youve already done and it will still count towards the achievement. It doesnt have to be 50 different board quests

No, they dont stay in your completed tab.

Yes you can do ones youve already done and it will still count towards the achievement. It doesnt have to be 50 different board quests

I see, thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to get as much done before doing the new game plus as I can, I think.

I'll look up the quest name now, i was pretty sure that was a main story quest. But if you missed it, other people might so ill add it. Quest is called Strength in numbers

I missed the 2 later quests with Selene after you open the back area (the metal golem and Dragon's Tongue). I'm guessing I have to make sure I find Quina in Witchwood and do Witch Hunt to get to these on the next playthrough?

I also missed Duchess in Distress - do you have to do the Arousing Suspicion quest to get this one, or can I skip it in NG+?

I missed the 2 later quests with Selene after you open the back area (the metal golem and Dragon's Tongue). I'm guessing I have to make sure I find Quina in Witchwood and do Witch Hunt to get to these on the next playthrough?

I also missed Duchess in Distress - do you have to do the Arousing Suspicion quest to get this one, or can I skip it in NG+?

Yea Im pretty sure you still need to do arousing suspicion to get dutchess in distress. Arousing isnt a long quest at all anyways so it shouldnt be a problem.

I don't know for a fact you need to, But i would do any quest related with Selene just to be on the safe side

Is there actually a quest with Selene that deals with the metal Golem in the second area? She's moved into my house, but there is no quest marker above her head. Do I have to wait until post-game for the quest to show up?

You don't get this quest from Selene, you just go into that area i mention & there will be a Golem sitting there. The quest pops up soon as you start fighting it

One more question about a quest, Mettle Against Metal. How exactly does this trigger? Does it automatically trigger when you enter Witchwood?

D= ?? Like i just said in the post above, After doing the Witchhunt quest, Leave the witchwood area, then re-enter. Go to the area i said and the Golem will be there. The quest triggers when you start fighting it, same way when you fight dragons or griffins or ogres.