'Forgive' button if someone destroys a personal vehicle

That Guy1604670205

As someone who only ever plays with friends and is now waiting another day for bad sport to be over. I think that this would be something great to add.

If me or a friend ever destroyed eachothers vehicle, it was always in a funny way and we have fun doing it. Why don't they add a 'Forgive' option so if a friend destroys my vehicle and I press it, the game ignores that he ever destroyed it.

Not pressing it will just make the game work like it does now. Adding up untill they become a bad sport.

I don't think it should even count as a "bad sport" action. You already pay for the insurance. If you try to kill me, I'm going to blow you up. But a forgive button would be handy between friends. Can't say I care when my Faggio gets destroyed. $62 insurance. Really breaking the bank.

If you pimped it out, care to post a picture? Curious lol.

If you pimped it out, care to post a picture? Curious lol.

I'll be honest, pimped out, it doesn't look that different :p Unfortunately I replaced it with a car recently. I was reluctant to let it go but I felt it was time to move on. I wish I could insure my BMX though :( But nope, I have to buy a new one. Bicycles have rights to you know!

I think that's just a stupid idea same as starting a new thread regarding this topic:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=550301

I'm LV150 , played over 9 days GTA ONLINE and blew up a shitload of personal vehicles in any mode including some of my friends, whether on purpose or by accident, at least 3-5 a day and never ever got into a bad sport lobby. Just play the damn game right, if you can't well enjoy the BS lobby or play something else.

Oh great idea or not, let's get to the bottom of this, I can guarantee you THEY WON'T ADD SUCH AN OPTION to the game! They are too busy.

This is a great idea, because like others say, accidents do happen. Idk if rockstar has a place where you can make suggestions for their games, but definitely think this would be worth telling them. I also think that the bad sports should be able to still play with their friends in a private session.

You've changed your tune a bit since posting in the 'unfairness' thread.

What happened to your tiny violin?

OP; I think this is an excellent idea.

And I couldn't agree more with DJconnelly. Blowing up someone's car shouldn't even make you a bad sport. I mean seriously, who the fuck cares? Unless you have no money to get it back because all you do is run around killing people in free roam rather than having the skill to win races or play missions. I honestly don't give a shit when someone blows one of my rides up. It takes like 30 seconds max to get it back. I'd rather someone blow my car up that spawn kill me 5/10 times.

And I couldn't agree more with DJconnelly. Blowing up someone's car shouldn't even make you a bad sport. I mean seriously, who the fuck cares? Unless you have no money to get it back because all you do is run around killing people in free roam rather than having the skill to win races or play missions. I honestly don't give a shit when someone blows one of my rides up. It takes like 30 seconds max to get it back. I'd rather someone blow my car up that spawn kill me 5/10 times.

lol forum stalker?

This would be very handy. Sadly I've stayed away from killing anyone in GTAO freeroam because I don't want to be labeled a bad sport.

I'm pretty sure killing people doesn't give you the 'bad sport' title, only blowing up there vehicles.

A forgive button would be a pretty neat addition though.

I'm pretty sure killing people doesn't give you the 'bad sport' title, only blowing up there vehicles.

A forgive button would be a pretty neat addition though.

That's good to know, but as you can see, I've avoided doing anything to other players to avoid it altogether haha

As someone who only ever plays with friends and is now waiting another day for bad sport to be over. I think that this would be something great to add.

If me or a friend ever destroyed eachothers vehicle, it was always in a funny way and we have fun doing it. Why don't they add a 'Forgive' option so if a friend destroys my vehicle and I press it, the game ignores that he ever destroyed it.

Not pressing it will just make the game work like it does now. Adding up untill they become a bad sport.

What about the actual accidents that people WON'T forget? This street would go both ways and it wouldn't solve the problem except for a handful.

As said, the game isn't about screwing with other players. The option is there, but it has it's rightful consequences. Bite the bullet and be the bigger man is what I do.

(I changed my tone because this is a different subject, was never really upset. Just think its annoying the everytime i try to get somewhere, i get blown up. I just think that the bad sports lobby makes sense in a way of punishing people who troll people). Ha blow eachother up in a gta race if you want to get the other players car

What about the actual accidents that people WON'T forget? This street would go both ways and it wouldn't solve the problem except for a handful.

As said, the game isn't about screwing with other players. The option is there, but it has it's rightful consequences. Bite the bullet and be the bigger man is what I do.

You must be a riot to play games with.

You must be a riot to play games with.

I'm all about Fun but that means EVERYONE having fun, not just me. I'd like to think I am. I've had boatloads of fun on Halo(s), Left 4 Dead and such with friends and their friends. I ain't nothin' special. Just want good times with good peoples.

Me and whoever I play with wind up playing for hours on end so I would concur. It's all about creating a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. You wouldn't adhere to that from my posts but I'm just a responsible player I guess. If one stupid retaliation mistake is going to put me in the corner, I'd simply rather not take any chances.

That's good to know, but as you can see, I've avoided doing anything to other players to avoid it altogether haha

Killing players def isn't Bad Sport material b/c that would make Deathmatches in general obsolete. Plus there are medals for killing or getting headshots on PLAYERS. Not AI.

The vehicles make sense b/c you DO sink some serious cash into them and if someone comes by and blows it up say 10 times in a match with you in it, it still costs YOU $2K from dying. Then it's having to call MMI and drive to get it only to have it happen again? Defeats the game entirely to me.

I would say they should create a gametype or a stand-alone lobby (although this seems to be what Bad Sport Lobbies are) that are practically ALL MAYHEM ALLOWED. That would be a better suggestion than a Forgive button i feel since you'll know exactly what you're getting into.

You know there would be more people NOT forgiving from accidents simply b/c you're a random. Unless you actually get an apology, most people assume these accidents are on purpose since there is lack of communication.

What about if you want to play with friends and you don't give a shit if someone blows your car up?

You know you can just call your mechanic dude yeah? you don't have to drive all the to MMI to get your car back. Or you could just leave it there and go and get another car from your garage so it switches automatically. If you're close enough anyway.

What about if you want to play with friends and you don't give a shit if someone blows your car up?

You know you can just call your mechanic dude yeah? you don't have to drive all the to MMI to get your car back. Or you could just leave it there and go and get another car from your garage so it switches automatically. If you're close enough anyway.

Don't know what to say there. My friends and I screw around but we understand the respect of it. Just because you CAN do it doesn't mean you should or there shouldn't be consequences.

I figured your mechanic wouldn't pick it up so never tried that. Most times when I lose my vehicle, I'm up in Blaine so it was just a minor hassle. It was the one lobby where they blew it up 3 times and I was just far away so it just annoyed me. That's when I started leaving most lobbies.

Also, just read this:

"The newest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As mentioned previously, this update addresses some residual issues where occasionally people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as the other fixes mentioned below:

Built in measures to prevent users from losing their progress when there is a cloud outage

Built in a number of measures to protect players’ cash balances even if there are network problems

Fixed an issue where on rare occasions during network problems the player could lose their Online vehicle or mods after exiting GTA Online

Of course, if you're still experiencing any other technical problems, please visit our support website to contact our support team and subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status article. You can also shoot us a quick message at the Rockstar Support Twitter.

We also encourage you to send any constructive gameplay feedback you have to us at our [email protected] address, as we continue to monitor it for all the latest suggestions for tweaking and improving the experience of GTA Online.

On a related note, we anticipate the GTA$ Stimulus to be distributed in the next couple of days following this Title Update. The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do. Enjoy and we certainly appreciate your patience and understanding as we sort out these remaining issues."