Your thoughts on ending. * SPOILERS*

FighterHawk

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The virtual Desmond theory is a popular one right now.

How would that work, I wonder? Would we be trapped again in a virtual world similar to Revelations? After having those awesome missions in the real world it would seem very underwhelming.

I don't care what Deus Ex Machina they use, I just want Desmond alive and physically present in the next game.

I enjoyed the exploration part of this game in the frontier, the storyline was pretty weak though and the story missions over very fast. Lot of plotholes/stupidity such as when Charles Lee lures the soldiers into a trap so you can rescue Pitcairn, how does that general guy not recognise him.

Haytham should really know Connor has a couple of hidden blades on his wrists, seriously.

Charles Lee as well, just stand there and gloat whilst Connor is fumbling for his gun right in your view, oh dear he shot you.

Charles Lee again not learning, yeah give Connor your bottle to drink from and then grab that knife he's left out in the open on the table...or just wait for him to enjoy a tasty beverage and stab you.

Connor hide the key where no-one will look,...yeah put it in a grave,,...no-one has heard of grave robbers.

Connor is a poor assassin for me compared to Altair and older Ezio

I hope they are done here on this little story as they are too close to the present in Desmonds dna brainthing for it to be interesting if he is alive and goes into the animus again. For me I would like to see some form of game that visits older Assassins, been hoping for that ever since in AC2 or whichever Ezio adventure it was where he goes into the cellar of his home and there are statues paying homage to the peeps who killed Genghis Khan, Cleopatra etc,....a game where you had to relive those assassinations would be good if they haven't made it on the PSP or something else I don't have.

Fully tested for glitches before release also if it's not too much to expect of them.

On a sidenote I'd prefer they made a massive openworldy sized game that is set in the Caribbean pirate times, and you get to rock around in your ship and explore treasure islands and take over ports etc,...something like Sid Meier's Pirates game with the ship sailing engine from this game would be fun.

In my opinion. a possible Assassin's Creed IV should be a story where Desmond is indeed... dead. BUT somehow Minerva with the help of our heroes Shaun, William and Rebecca finds a way to reverse current events, or something. Desmond comes back alive, Juno is not set free and we have ourselves an Assassin's Creed game that takes place 100% in present time. Desmond goes for the source of Abstergo (Vidic's death was also bad) and stops the satelite launch.

There's really no point to go for more ancestors and reveal more unnecessary keys, maps, temples, PoE's. Just finish up this franchise with a grand slam. Not like this ending.

What more do you need to stop the sun from throwing a flame-booger at the Earth, really?

AC is my favourite game franchise unquestionably, but too much of it is gonna get somewhat repetative and weak,

The virtual Desmond theory is a popular one right now.

By "popular" I really hope you don't mean "has a lot of support", because I don't know if my faith in humanity can take much more...

I just want Desmond alive and physically present in the next game.

You, sir, are a monster. A God Damn monster. :)

On a sidenote I'd prefer they made a massive openworldy sized game that is set in the Caribbean pirate times, and you get to rock around in your ship and explore treasure islands and take over ports etc

"Assassin's Creed: I'm a Pirate, lolz"

By "popular" I really hope you don't mean "has a lot of support", because I don't know if my faith in humanity can take much more...

Seems to me like it is. Don't lose faith in AC fans at least, we come up with all sorts of things and discussions are always great.

You, sir, are a monster. A God Damn monster. :)

I just feel that Desmond should still be the protagonist after everything they made him out to be. ''Desmond has a very special dna, linked to dozens of ancestors and as such has a high concentration of first civilization dna and assassin memories''. That's more or less what they said in an interview.

Seems to me like it is. Don't lose faith in AC fans at least, we come up with all sorts of things and discussions are always great.

I just feel that Desmond should still be the protagonist after everything they made him out to be. ''Desmond has a very special dna, linked to dozens of ancestors and as such has a high concentration of first civilization dna and assassin memories''. That's more or less what they said in an interview.

My problem is that he's just such a crappy character. I must have launched him off the edge of that building 20 times, just because I enjoyed him dying...

Garbage, the whole thing.

So he touches the sphere and his consciousness is more than likely now in the precursor computer cloud thing.

Juno has escaped suspended animation in there or whichever way they spin that detail.

by touching the sphere, someone snapped their fingers and made the sun magically not flare?

Unless i'm missing a lot more story from not playing MP I don't really get it.

Ubi had an incredible franchise with this game, but I'm pretty sure greed and MP ruined it.

Does anyone know if they explained how Haytham is related to Desmond, yet is a Templar? Where did the family cross that line is what I want to know?

Uh... Haythem is related to Desmond because Desmond is related to Connor, who in turn is related to Haythem as his son... Ok.

Going from Assassin to Templar doesn't change your genes (or does it? No. Not at all).

As for the ending, I liked it... Made me curious to see where they will go from here. Desmond or not, excited for the possibilities.

Edited by Der Nacho

They have seriously screwed up hte whole series for me, they got me hooked after the first game, it was such a new concept, almost everything was done well in the game. ACII was even better because it gave a great twist to the original concept, brotherood and revelations continued it, revelations was also refreshing because of the new environment, Constantinople. But ACIII, the hunting was cool in the beginning, but later on became dull too.

What I think was the problem of the game was that we had one game for Altaïr, 3 for Ezio, which made the story evolve much slower, and then suddenly the last game had to be rushed, they just had to save the world. It forced the game to a very bad end with no actual thrill for me, I honestly never felt really astonished while playing the game. Too bad, I think I might not get the next one, they screwed up.

ACIII: - most glitchy AC game

- worst story

- worst ending

- worst AC

This was too shitty to be true... I kept waiting for the credits to end only to see Desmond stand up again and running out of that ruin while it collapsed or something. And not only did the ending suck, it wasn't even in the least something sad... Ladies and gentlemen, we have spent 5 entire games with Desmond (well, some of us have) and THIS is how it ends? He touches a glowing ball and he falls to the ground and the game is over? BULLSHIT. This is the worst AC in AC history, I rather play AC 1 again before playing this again. Bullshit glitched achievement, worst MP so far, and NO assassin feeling AT ALL. Because it's so assassin like to chase pigs back into their pens, break up fights, sail over the seas and shoot ships and throwing tea into the ocean, mass-murdering people.. VERY assassin like. And also, why the hell is the entire story about Connor about killing Charles Lee? He killed him in sequence 12, I did in fact enjoy that cutscene, but come on... I expected Charles Lee to die by sequence 9 or something, at the latest.

Also, the ending (Desmond) was also confusing as hell, it took me 5 minutes to figure out that; hey, he's dead... Ubisoft is trying to go DaVinci Code on our asses and it didn't work out well...

And by the looks of it there probably won't be another Connor game, so right now we have 1 Altair game, 1 Connor and 3 Ezio?? I like Ezio the most but I feel Connor should at least get one more game, maybe he could be less of a wuss in the next one and maybe he could grow the f up, that would be nice. A little less robot-like voice for Connor would be a nice change.

Edited by Tortyreus

Uh... Haythem is related to Desmond because Desmond is related to Connor, who in turn is related to Haythem as his son... Ok.

Going from Assassin to Templar doesn't change your genes (or does it? No. Not at all).

As for the ending, I liked it... Made me curious to see where they will go from here. Desmond or not, excited for the possibilities.

No need to be a smart ass, you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at so I will elaborate.

Desmond is related to Altair, an assassin, and Ezio was related to him. I figured all these assassins in Desmond's family history were related. At some point someone in Desmond's family tree would have to have joined the Templars, whether it was Haytham or someone before him, which seems weird to me due to his previous ancestors being assassins. If there's no relation at all then I understand but it seems like such a reach that one person would have both relatives that were assassins and Templars.

No need to be a smart ass, you obviously didn't understand what I was getting at so I will elaborate.

Desmond is related to Altair, an assassin, and Ezio was related to him. I figured all these assassins in Desmond's family history were related. At some point someone in Desmond's family tree would have to have joined the Templars, whether it was Haytham or someone before him, which seems weird to me due to his previous ancestors being assassins. If there's no relation at all then I understand but it seems like such a reach that one person would have both relatives that were assassins and Templars.

Maybe it's because, like Haytham said in the story, that the assassins once fought for something that made more sense, namely peace, instead of freedom, and it was therefore he choose the Templar side, because they had realistic views and expectations. Maybe Haytham was the first Templar (amongst the Desmond-bloodline), but I think (and this is just speculating from my side) that he once was an Assassin because he has hidden blades. But the Templars could've copied those blades so it might not be because of that. Or maybe there's no other explanation other then that it would **SPOILER** surprise players more of the fact that Haytham is actually a Templar because everybody automatically assumed he was an Assassin, if not for the fact that we've never played as one before then it would be for the blades.

Edited by Tortyreus

Maybe it's because, like Haytham said in the story, that the assassins once fought for something that made more sense, namely peace, instead of freedom, and it was therefore he choose the Templar side, because they had realistic views and expectations. Maybe Haytham was the first Templar (amongst the Desmond-bloodline), but I think (and this is just speculating from my side) that he once was an Assassin because he has hidden blades. But the Templars could've copied those blades so it might not be because of that. Or maybe there's no other explanation other then that it would **SPOILER** surprise players more of the fact that Haytham is actually a Templar because everybody automatically assumed he was an Assassin, if not for the fact that we've never played as one before then it would be for the blades.

Yea I can see where you're coming from, I just wish they would have gone more into it. I think that would have added to the story. Would have been interesting to see both sides in one game.

Yea I can see where you're coming from, I just wish they would have gone more into it. I think that would have added to the story. Would have been interesting to see both sides in one game.

Me too... I really enjoyed the part where Connor and Haytham worked together, that was really well done... I think that all Assassins Creed games so far try to show both sides, like in AC1 where Altair asks some high ranking templar why he thinks he's doing the right thing (because everyone he killed so far strongly believed they did the right thing) and the Templar leader responds; if people weren't sheep and so weak-minded we would never have gotten this much power and the reason we do this is because people let it happen. Something along those lines anyway, not the exact words used but its been a while since I played AC1. The point is, I think this game does show it from both sides and I'm actually kind of agreeing with Haytham and the templars here, because no matter how much the assassins fight, the Templar order continues to grow bigger and bigger and eventually runs everything one way or the other as Abstergo Industries, whereas the assassins have this left; a nerd chick, a wise-ass, a lucky guy who has just the right mixture of ancestors in him and his father. That's why I hoped we would see more of Haytham during the game, because freedom and peace can never be acquired, war and fighting has been part of human history and nature since forever so the assassins will never win, and thats why the assassins are a dis-organized bunch of dumbasses and Abstergo own the world, and Haytham understands that and Connor doesn't :(

Could have been a lot better.

I'm assuming that Desmond isn't dead, or else how would we get to see Connor's epilogue and the pivots thing? I'm also assuming that Juno will somehow assume control of Abstergo now.

I'm wondering though how they'll tie the historical settings into the present in future games. I hope it's not just "we have to find MORE Apples!"

I got emailed some massive questionnaire from ubisoft asking what I thought of AC3 and

what I'd like to see in the next game to make it a must have purchase.

There was a couple of questions asking if I wanted to know more about Desmond's and Connor's story and whether I wanted to play as them again in future DLC/ games or entirely new characters.

Me too... I really enjoyed the part where Connor and Haytham worked together, that was really well done... I think that all Assassins Creed games so far try to show both sides, like in AC1 where Altair asks some high ranking templar why he thinks he's doing the right thing (because everyone he killed so far strongly believed they did the right thing) and the Templar leader responds; if people weren't sheep and so weak-minded we would never have gotten this much power and the reason we do this is because people let it happen. Something along those lines anyway, not the exact words used but its been a while since I played AC1. The point is, I think this game does show it from both sides and I'm actually kind of agreeing with Haytham and the templars here, because no matter how much the assassins fight, the Templar order continues to grow bigger and bigger and eventually runs everything one way or the other as Abstergo Industries, whereas the assassins have this left; a nerd chick, a wise-ass, a lucky guy who has just the right mixture of ancestors in him and his father. That's why I hoped we would see more of Haytham during the game, because freedom and peace can never be acquired, war and fighting has been part of human history and nature since forever so the assassins will never win, and thats why the assassins are a dis-organized bunch of dumbasses and Abstergo own the world, and Haytham understands that and Connor doesn't :(

Damn! This is one hell if an opinion/thought and I agree with you 110%, man.

I really don't want an AC set during the modern day, I'd rather see the next one set during Roman Empire, French Renaissance or Queen Victoria's reign.

They're all set during the modern day. :)

With the plot the above poster is recommending, they could make a game up of short trips into several different time periods, each to find a different POE.

So the three ideas you suggest could make up one game.

I think we've got the next plot right there. Give us jobs, Ubisoft!

I would've liked one BIG Desmond mission before the end. It could've been him in the temple, HALLUCINATING enemies from all three of his ancestors due to overexposure to the Animus.

I thought for sure he was going to start seeing Ottoman's in New York or something wacky, but they walked right up to the First Civies and had their big chat.

I also thought I was going to get to choose between Juno and Minerva. The Minerva track didn't sound so bad. Live a hero, die a martyr, have future assassin's replay my memories to finally defeat the next cycle. I was game.

I thought it was a pretty good ending. I was a little dissapointed but it could've been a lot worse. As for future games I agree with everyone else. They'll probably just move to a different Abstergo test subject or something like that. Maybe AC4 will start with someone coming out of the Animus after a session as Desmond

Edited by bearmod