Few questions

i have a few questions since i couldn´t find a achievment discussion thread and the guide sucks and is full of mistakes.

can i find wolfs on peaceful? is there any place i can encounter them more often? Because i was running around like 2 hours on peaceful and easy and couldn´t find one.

second question is how does making obsidian work exactly? i found a big lava lake in a dungeon and have some water in my bucket but when they make contact nomarl grey blocks appear.

One time obsidian appeared instantly but only one block.

Thanks.

i have a few questions since i couldn´t find a achievment discussion thread and the guide sucks and is full of mistakes.

can i find wolfs on peaceful? is there any place i can encounter them more often? Because i was running around like 2 hours on peaceful and easy and couldn´t find one.

second question is how does making obsidian work exactly? i found a big lava lake in a dungeon and have some water in my bucket but when they make contact nomarl grey blocks appear.

Thanks.

1. Yes and they spawn more commonly in Taiga, Forest and Tundra biomes.

2. Obsidian is made when water flows over lava source blocks (still lava).

Thanks.

Yes, they will appear on peaceful, but no, there is no specific place to find them.

This was the last achievement I got as they just appear completely at random (but usually when there's sheep around), just carry bones with you wherever you go and you will eventually run into a pack of them.

As for the obsidian: look for lava sources - the solid blocks of lava - and pour water onto these, only source blocks can be turned into obsidian.

ok, so the source blocks are the ones that i can also put in the bucket right? that would mean i could make 1 obisidian per lava source? isn´t the whole thing gone when the source is taken away?

this is actually my very first time playing minecraft, never touched it before so i may sound like an idiot, have mercy.

ok, so the source blocks are the ones that i can also put in the bucket right? that would mean i could make 1 obisidian per lava source? isn´t the whole thing gone when the source is taken away?

this is actually my very first time playing minecraft, never touched it before so i may sound like an idiot, have mercy.

Yeah a lava source is the ones you are able to pick up with a bucket. 1 obsidian per lava source.

Don't worry, we all we're at that stage at one point :p

And yes, it's the ones that can be collected in a bucket, personally, I just grabbed lots of buckets, looked for a pool of lava and collected some of the sources, took them above ground, dug a hole, put the lava in and put the water over this source (its safer to do this way imo)

And again yes, one obsidian per source, and there is no way of getting that lava source block back after making it into obsidian.

Save your game once you find a wolf and before you tame it. Then tame it and reload the save and tame it again. Do this until you get the 5 (i think) you need for the achievement. I did this when 1 found 2 wolves and after a few reloads i got the achievement

Save your game once you find a wolf and before you tame it. Then tame it and reload the save and tame it again. Do this until you get the 5 (i think) you need for the achievement. I did this when 1 found 2 wolves and after a few reloads i got the achievement

this works?

damn i just found 3 and tamed them already but good to know if i find another one.

Yes, you can find wolves on peaceful, but you will not be able to collect bones to tame them with unless you are on at least easy, then you can switch over.

Best way to make obsidian is to pour the bucket of water either on the ground next to the lava pit or above it so that it drops over the lava. Sometimes if you pour directly into a block of lava, the water will disappear. If it makes cobblestone, its not a 'source' block of lava. I find the best way to mine the stuff is to dig a hole next to an obsidian, bordered on all sides, pour your water into the hole you are standing in, and then dig the obsidian. That way, it'll turn any lava source into obsidian when you finish picking said block and you won't take damage. Unless, of course, the lava is above your position.