Achievement guide

FXH Reaper

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/Banner.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/landowner.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/landbaron.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/Architect.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/MasterArchitect.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/Proudparent.png

Proud Parent - We can grab this achievement fairly quickly, just hang around any of the major cities for a few moments and you will be approached by a courier. He will hand you two letters, this first letter will inform you that you can remodel your home to make it suitable for a child. This is at the cost of your alchemy room, and anything that you may be storing in there. The second letter tells you that the war in Skyrim is affecting the kids harder than others and if you have a heart to make your way to Riften to adopt one.

Land Owner – See Land Baron

Land Baron - There are three holds in Skyrim where housing was not available before Dawnstar, Falkreath*, and Morthal. Just head to each of the Jarls steward and buy the land for 5,000 septims each.

Architect - See Master Architect

Master Architect* - On those three plots of land we just bought place a house on each. This requires us making the basic cottage, then adding the main hall and finally adding our three possible wings.

These achievements are really easy to do and require ALMOST no work.

* As I am sure many have run into in Falkreath we cannot simply walk in and get our land, the new and very annoying Jarl wants you to first do some stuff for him.

• Obtain a drink for the Jarl

• Kill the assigned Bandit Leader

• Complete three quests/miscellaneous objectives:

Sell vegetables at Corpselight Farm.

Deliver ashes to the Hall of the Dead for Thadgeir (Dengeir's house).

Retrieve Runil's Journal from an ambient location.

Sell firewood at Half-Moon Mill.

Steal a private letter from Lod for Dengeir.

Complete A Daedra's Best Friend.

Complete Ill Met By Moonlight.

-Note: quest objective for the Jarl will be different depending on civil war quests.

-Note: that the starting quest for the Jarl to obtain a drink is a "radiant" quest that cannot be started if the Dragonborn is already on one of the following quests:

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm

all credit goes to Aqua18 who wrote this up before I got my guide up

Edited by FXH Reaper

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/FAQ_Banner.jpg

• Q - Where do I get supplies I need?

• A - Supplies are gathered from various vendors and areas, timber is received from saw mills around the map. You do not have to worry about it being close as they will all go to where you need. Materials like glass, straw, leather straps, etc... can be bought from general stores in any of the nine holds.

• Q - How do I get my family in my new house?

• A - The first thing to do is move your wife into your new house, then adopt a child(s) because they will go where your wife is and make that their home.

• Q - Can't I move them around to one of the other eight?

• A - Whether it is glitched or something the current answer is no, I and many others cannot seem to move them once they are set in a house.

• Q - Can the building materials be acquired any other way?

• A - Yup! appoint a house steward, I made Lydia from white run one. The house steward can then go and order more clay, stone and wood for you. They can also help decorate your house and build you hatcheries and other things. The only thing I found that they wont do is Order hay or glass your on your own in that department.

• Q - If I have already built a wing on my house can I destroy it and make a new one?

• A - No, once a wing is built you are stuck with it so choose carefully. (Note: a glitch has been found that if you get halfway through modeling a wing and decide that you want to build a different option there instead you can lose all access to that wing even if everything is built)

• Q - Can I adopt a pet?

• A - Yes and No, there is no designated area that you can simply adopt a dog or something. You will get to have a pet of some kind if a child brings it home.

• Q - Can I buy the materials that needs to be forged, i.e. the hinges / locks / nails?

• A - No, all those things need to be made at an anvil.

• Q - Can I find toys for the kids?

• A - Yes, some toys can be found while dungeon diving. Others can be found in the general goods store after adopting kid(s).

***more to come as I see***

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/SillentAssault/Misc_Banner.jpg

Current known pets:

• Dog
  • Huskies
  • Fox
  • Skeever
  • Bunny
  • Mudcrab

List of Rumored pets:

• Ice wraith
  • Troll
  • frostbite spider

The Rumored pets are ones where I have only heard about one or two people "having" them as pets. Until I see it actually happen to me or I see more cases they will remain rumored.

List of available stewards:

-Agmaer from the Dawnguard

-Beleval from dawnguard (bosmer http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png)

-Lydia

-Jordis the swordmaiden

-Sven from Riverwood

-Faendal (boself http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png)

-vilkas

-aela

-Uthgerd the unbroken

-Eola from Markarth

-Erik the slayer (not sure on this one i have two different answers)

-Illia

- Brelyna Maryon?

-Durak (from Dawnguard)

-Annekke Crag Jumper (Marry Sylgja and your mother-in-law can live with you

-Ingjard from the Dawnguard

Confirmed to not work:

-Serana

-cicero

-dark brotherhood initiates

-benor

-Kharjo

- Janessa

-Erandur

-Mjoll the Lioness

-Borgakh the Steel Heart

- Argis the Bulwark

- Aranea (the priestess of Azura)

-ahtar

-farkas

-stenvar

(Thanks to rebellionsfinest on the Bethseda forums for the compilation)

Edited by FXH Reaper

Yea materials is coming as far as cash I am still trying to figure that much out since each of these wings and additions require vastly different quantities of locks, nails, lumber, clay, stone, etc..

What I may do though is put the amount you can purchase and for how much... then there is the cost of the interior and various other decorative things D:

Pretty sure you have to be a thane in each of the three holds. I wasn't Thane of Morthal yet, so the land isn't available yet.

Straw, Glass, Goat Horns are available at general stores like the Riverwood Trader or Bits and Pieces (Solitude).

Lumber has to be purchased from mills (200 gold for 20 logs).

Quarried Stone and Clay can be mined around the house in Falkreath.

Any other materials have to be made at an anvil. You're gonna need a LOT of iron ingots and a handful of corundum ingots for locks.

i had about 130k to start and finished with about 100k but then again, i bought a lot more wood, stone, clay, and ingots than i probably needed

if you want to get the achievements as fast as possible, get the first plot of land and a servant for that land. Build the house and the additions immediately and use that place as home base. the only items you really need will be wood, stone, clay, and the two ingots (iron and The one that starts with C) but the second ingot is only for the locks and you shouldn't need that many.

furniture and misc items are not needed. you do not need to build a garden, pen, smelt or anything other than the houses.

the basic amount of money you will need for all the houses will be 1500 (buying the properties) you can harvest or mine the rest of the material yourself (not sure about wood but i was able to ask if i could chop my own wood at the mill.)

once all three houses are built, then you can furnish them to your hearts content

i had about 130k to start and finished with about 100k but then again, i bought a lot more wood, stone, clay, and ingots than i probably needed

if you want to get the achievements as fast as possible, get the first plot of land and a servant for that land. Build the house and the additions immediately and use that place as home base. the only items you really need will be wood, stone, clay, and the two ingots (iron and The one that starts with C) but the second ingot is only for the locks and you shouldn't need that many.

furniture and misc items are not needed. you do not need to build a garden, pen, smelt or anything other than the houses.

the basic amount of money you will need for all the houses will be 1500 (buying the properties) you can harvest or mine the rest of the material yourself (not sure about wood but i was able to ask if i could chop my own wood at the mill.)

once all three houses are built, then you can furnish them to your hearts content

Great point! I was attempting to figure out way to much XD for achievement purposes solely 1500 is needed I was taking things WAY out there :/

I'm not a thane in any of them, and I only had to do one quest (kill giant) to get an option for land purchase. The rest I bought from the Stw.

Really? I had to complete Laid to Rest in Morthal before the option became available. I was already a thane in Falkreath, and I didn't have to do anything in Dawnstar, but I helped the Empire win the war so the Jarl of Dawnstar already liked me. I'm pretty sure you have to do something before they will allow you to purchase land.

how much cash (minimum) do you need for all achievements? Im loaded, but its something poor people might want to know :)

This DLC costed me no cash. You only need probably about 30,000 total or less if your just banging it out. But along the way in the DLC I completed some other side quests (which I had to do to earn the favor of jarl's and stewards to buy the land) and killed dragons and got money from my wife, so I started with 295,000 and ended with 294,000.

You can get stone, clay and iron ore without buying it via your steward. Every plot has an infinite supply of these nearby. Start mining, leave the game for half an hour and you'll have more than enough.

Good point. You can mine for these, although you'll need to smelt the iron ore to produce the ingots used on the anvil. It's the lumber that can't be found locally as far as I can tell.

Seems to be some differing experiences of what is required to unlock the option for land purchase. I had not become a Thane of Falkreath but was still offered the sale by the new Steward (forgot her name). When I spoke to the Jarl afterwards he said he would make me a Thane etc etc and in the subsequent quest entry of the journal I had 2/3 requirements already done. In terms of other questlines, I'm one step away from finishing the main Dragonborn story, but have already completed the civil war questline, if that helps.

* As I am sure many have run into in Falkreath we cannot simply walk in and get our land, the new and very annoying Jarl wants you to first do some stuff for him.

-Obtain a drink for the Jarl

-Kill the assigned Bandit Leader

-Complete three quests/miscellaneous objectives:

Sell vegetables at Corpselight Farm.

Deliver ashes to the Hall of the Dead for Thadgeir (Dengeir's house).

Retrieve Runil's Journal from an ambient location.

Sell firewood at Half-Moon Mill.

Steal a private letter from Lod for Dengeir.

Complete A Daedra's Best Friend.

Complete Ill Met By Moonlight.

-Note, quest objective for the Jarl will be different depending on civil war quests.

-Note that the starting quest for the Jarl to obtain a drink is a "radiant" quest that cannot be started if the Dragonborn is already on one of the following quests:

Getting the book The Mirror for captain Aldis in Solitude

Getting a Mammoth Tusk for Ysolda in Whiterun

Getting the book Song of the Alchemists for Lami in Morthal

Getting the book Night falls on Sentinel for Rustleif in Dawnstar

Getting an Amulet of Arkay for Torbjorn Shatter-Shield in Windhelm

all credit goes to Aqua18 who wrote this up before I got my guide up

need more explanation. I have the get him a drink quest, then what? Is he going to ask me to kill the bandit leader or is that an either/or scenario. (ie he asks to kill a bandit or to get him a drink) Then what? I have to do three more quests?

need more explanation. I have the get him a drink quest, then what? Is he going to ask me to kill the bandit leader or is that an either/or scenario. (ie he asks to kill a bandit or to get him a drink) Then what? I have to do three more quests?

When I did it I only had to get him the drink and kill the leader the best person to ask about the exact details would be Aqua18. I will see if he can clear anything up for us :)

Also the drink quest for me turned out to be I go him a ledger from a cave and nothing drinkable :|

When I did it I only had to get him the drink and kill the leader the best person to ask about the exact details would be Aqua18. I will see if he can clear anything up for us :)

Also the drink quest for me turned out to be I go him a ledger from a cave and nothing drinkable :|

Well once I got him actually giving me the option to help him (After cleaning up some misc quests), I had to go to Riften to get some Black Briar Mead AND then kill a bandit leader. Then me and the Jarl were buds, and when I talked to the steward next he had the option, "Can I buy a house in Falkreath," which he replies, "No but you can buy this land."

You can get stone, clay and iron ore without buying it via your steward. Every plot has an infinite supply of these nearby. Start mining, leave the game for half an hour and you'll have more than enough.

I know each plot has infinite clay and stone but iron? the vein I found around my plot ran out around my house. I do want to get video (or at the minimum pictures) of these ore being mined so new comers can see what to look for but my capture device is being ghey and I am on the phone arguing with tech support to try and remedy the problem.

If anyone grabs screens or video like that I will be more than happy to add and give credit :)

Well once I got him actually giving me the option to help him (After cleaning up some misc quests), I had to go to Riften to get some Black Briar Mead AND then kill a bandit leader. Then me and the Jarl were buds, and when I talked to the steward next he had the option, "Can I buy a house in Falkreath," which he replies, "No but you can buy this land."

what if he has no steward? (dont you kill him in a dark brotherhood quest?)

edit: ok so found a youtube video where the steward is a chic.... so perhaps i havent killed her.

Edited by ShaggyB

Great, I wanted to have a kid in my Dawnstar house (you know, the one that looks EXACTLY IDENTICAL to the ones in Falkreath and Morthal?) so I build a bedroom, got a couple of beds and that stupid woman at the orphanage won't allow me to adopt a kid because I don't have room for them... Problem solved, went to Whiterun upgraded that shithole Breezehome then adopted a kid got my achievement problem solved disk goes back in the case not to come out of there again till the next DLC. Seriously, I though we had options to build houses out of stone, clay or wood? I though we could put our own stuff in bookcases and such? This DLC is disapointing, half my followers don't want to be my steward, and I still don't know what to do with the 300.000 coins I have.. I was hoping for this thing to become a money sink so that only very rich people could have awesome homes, turns out that with 1000 coins you can build the exact same house as anyone with 100.000+ coins -.-

Anyway; maybe this could help some people, in none of the 3 holds where you can buy land I had to be Thane, I got the option to build land immediately from the personal slave of the Jarl.

Great, I wanted to have a kid in my Dawnstar house

Thats where my adoption went, hell i didnt even move the wife there, it was done automatically..... all i did was furnish the bedroom completely. Well minus the crab mounted on the wall. (didnt have any crab on me)

Edited by ShaggyB

what if he has no steward? (dont you kill him in a dark brotherhood quest?)

edit: ok so found a youtube video where the steward is a chic.... so perhaps i havent killed her.

Cant help you on that one. I completed the Dark Brotherhood questline and the steward was still alive for me. I am not sure in what case you would kill him in that questline, but I didnt do that.