Oblivion Glitches (as of 1/1/08) *Spoilers*

Anything with Post Patch in the glitch means it will not work if you have downloaded patches.

Clear Flag On Stolen Apparel (Weapons/Armor)

• You need two of the same item (Eg. 2 iron cuirass). One needs to be the stolen one.
  • Equip the stolen one, then equip the unstolen one. Keep doing this until the flag clears.
  • Equip the unstolen one, then drop the stolen one. Pick the stolen one back up.

Duplicate Using Arrows (Post patch)

• Equip a set of arrows.
  • Equip and weapon other then a bow.
  • Swing the weapon, then go to journal mid swing.
  • Select arrows, then try to unequipt them.
  • Go to the item you wish duplicated, then drop it.
  • Exit journal.

Duplicate Using Scrolls

• Acquire 2 or more of the same scroll.
  • Go to journal, then select the scrolls twice (highlight scrolls, then tap A twice).
  • Highlight an item you wish to duplicate and drop it.
  • Exit Journal.

Fall Through Arena

• Engage in an arena battle.
  • Walk up to the gate then turn around to face the tunnel.
  • On the left hand wall next to the tunnel (in between the rim of the tunnel and the wall) is a slight bank.
  • Go up to the bank, turn around to face the gate, then jump backwards onto the bank.
  • Keep jumping backwards, then slowly start to turn around (while still jumping towards the bank).
  • You should fall through the wall.
  • There is a ledge you should try and land on which is the the stairs, it will keep you in the wall. If you miss the ledge you will spawn back in the arena.
  • You are now able to attack your opponents through the wall, while they can do nothing. Fall off the ledge to get back into the arena.

Frostcrag Spire Glitch

• Download Frostcrag Spire.
  • Go into the alchemy garden and stand on the oblivion fauna part, then make a savegame.
  • Go to the dashboard and delete frostcrag Spire.
  • Go back to oblivion and load the save, ignoring the message about missing content.
  • You should be in a house. If you are falling, look towards the fire, draw a weapon and walk towards the fire while swinging the weapon.
  • Exit the house and walk towards the fire, where there should be a weapon (mace of doom). It is a mace with a fire damage enchantment.
  • There are a few houses. You can only go in 3. the one you came out of, another one but with a tresspassing sign, and a different one. Go into the different one.
  • Equip a torch or nighteye spell and you will realise you are in the top of a oblivion tower. Walk towards the sigil stone. You must make a jump ti the sigil stone. Jump towards it, press A, and embrace for impact.
  • You will have one of each type of sigil stone in your inventory. they weigh a bit and continuously spawn.
  • If you want more, exit the house and go back inside, the sigil stone will keep adding to your inventory.
  • Re-download Frostcrag Spire

Dorian Glitch (Post Patch)

• Go to Dorian's house in the Imperial City Talos Plaza.
  • Go up to dorian, talk to him, then bribe him continuously until you run out of money.
  • Kill Dorian without alerting anyone, then scavenge his body for money.
  • You can repeatdly take the money (the more you bribed, the more money he has). Make sure not to select "take all" or your game will freeze.

Kvatch Glitch (Post Patch)

• First of equip a weapon (preferably a good one) and wield it, then go on a horse.
  • While on the horse, ride to Kvatch and talk to the orc merchant there (while still on the horse).
  • Go into her barter menu, then sell your weapon you have equipted. You will not be able to sell it, but you will still get the money. Rinse and repeat!!!:)

Vampirism Glitch (Post Patch)

• Become a vampire.
  • Do the vampire cure quest, then at the end talk to the Count of Skingrad.
  • Talk to him about a reward.
  • The reward topic does not disappear, so you can repeatdly scab money of him until you get bored.

Staff Of Worms Glitch

• Obtain the staff of worms by beating the mages guild questline and grabbing it off Mannimarrco's corpse.
  • Kill a dremora then grab it's heart.
  • Use the staff on the dremora. Wait until the dremora dies again, and it will have respawned a new heart.
  • Rinse and repeat for more dremora hearts ;)

Permanent Bound Item

• Go to the type of runestone that lets you equip a weapon or armour.
  • Once you use the stone, summon a creature then attack it with the weapon (or find a creature to attack you if you got the armour).
  • When the weapon or armour has become damaged (even if it gets to 99) then use a repiar hammer on it to make it 100.
  • Now drop the item, and wait until the spell expires.
  • Now pick up your permanent, weightless, powerful item :)

Permanent Item Bonuses

• There are some instances where you can keep the effects of a magic item on you permanently. I'm not going to tell you how, because there alot of itmes. The main ones are: Boots Of Springheel Jak, Ring Of Vipereye, Both types of Ayleid Crowns, Gray cowl of nocturnal (NOT RECOMMENDED).
  • Once you recieve the bonus, go to jail, which will remove the item from your inventory, but allow you to keep the bonus.
  • Once out of jail, you will not be able to equip the item, but you kill keep it's bonuses. Also you will not be able to drop the item either, since they are considered quest items.

Pickpocket Essential NPC

• Knockout the NPC.
  • Repeatdly tap A on them until they gain consiousness.
  • Once they gain consiousness, you will enter their item menu.
  • They cannot catch you, but sometimes you will get a bounty.

Paintbrush Glitch

• Obtain about 10 paintbrushes
  • Drop a paintbrush. The paintbrush does not drop to the ground like other items but stays in the air, making it a small platform.
  • You can now makes bridges and steps with paintbrushes :)

Invisible Guard

• Find a guard riding a horse
  • Shoot the guard with a spell or arrow some distance away
  • Then continue running whilst shooting the guard - he'll fall off his horse and start attacking you
  • At this point he will be invisible whilst attacking you.

There are a few more glitches, but none of them were important enough to list here. I hope i do not get banned for this, as i am just expressing my knowledge of all the glitches i have come across in my game. I didn't know how to right them, so i put them here. You can argue or flame or abuse me all you want. I express my knowledge to share, even if people do not like it. However if you find this useful, i know i have at least helped somebody. Thanks everyone :) I hope this also gets sticked :);) If there are any spelling mistakes, let me know.

Invisible Guard

Find a guard riding a horse, shoot the guard with a spell or arrow some distance away. Then continue running whilst shooting the guard - he'll fall off his horse and start attacking you.. At this point he will be invisible whilst attacking you.

Not really sure if it's a glitch but..

Highwayman

When a Highwayman comes up to you and threatens you for Gold - Give him the gold and then persuade him. Bribe him up to 100. Then pickpocket him and get the money back (including the money he threatened you for.) He won't do anything as he likes you enough so he'll just say "take it."

If this thread stays active maybe you can list the glitches that might screw your game up to hopefully save some folks from suffering so many times like myself. My favorite example would be acquiring the Daedric Artifact "Masque of Clavicus Vile". The mission sends you to kill person "Umbra" to get her sword called "Umbra". I did just that but when I returned to the shrine for my reward the game froze. Many different attempts in different ways all with the same freezing result. I finally got past it by fast traveling away as soon as the shrine finished talking(had tried this several times before) So many more things like this have happened but the game is still so good. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
If this thread stays active maybe you can list the glitches that might screw your game up to hopefully save some folks from suffering so many times like myself. My favorite example would be acquiring the Daedric Artifact "Masque of Clavicus Vile". The mission sends you to kill person "Umbra" to get her sword called "Umbra". I did just that but when I returned to the shrine for my reward the game froze. Many different attempts in different ways all with the same freezing result. I finally got past it by fast traveling away as soon as the shrine finished talking(had tried this several times before) So many more things like this have happened but the game is still so good. Oh well.

Call me crazy, but didn't Bethesda already patch that quest?

I'm pretty sure they did, but I don't know.....

• 2 weeks later...