Luck or Skill?

Milimanci

Lately I've been doing really good at the game. I'd join a random match, and would get 20 kills on a regular TDM everytime. I'dd join a FFA where the #1 person has 800 score, and I'd finish in 3rd place. During the next FFA, I'd get the 30 kills while the person in second has less than 20. Am I lucky by getting in matches with bad people, or am I just getting better? I dunno, I was thinking it was my overpowered guns.

i would say getting better, as previous members have stated luck can become a habit and if used to your advantage can become skill. i have matches where i think another crap round coming after not being on in a few days, and i end up doing fairly well and almost 95% of the time positive score i get put with bad people and good people i enjoy both i also get put with noobs who need to use noob tubes and or javelins/at4-hs for 100% the match and that pisses me off because of a random shot.

If the game wants you to do badly it will, even if it means re-writing reality. Sometimes I'll get killed by somebody I shot a direct sniper bullet at, only to view that on the killcam my gun didn't even go off, even though I pulled the trigger and heard the explosion of the bullet leaving the gun with my own ears.

I could be a combo of things, the obvious one being that you are getting better. I think alot has to do with reach coming out. I think alot of the good players have moved onto reach. I see so many more green stripes in this game than every before. I also always seems like the highest ranked person in my lobby. I would imagine that when black ops comes out the skill level in mw2 will go down even further. Since reach has come out by bad games in tdm have been with kills in the high teens and deaths around 6 or 7. For the most part i am getting at least 20+ kills and less than 5 or 6 deaths.

with the awesome mw2 joke match making system you never know what type of game your gona get

even if you do get lucky or are the most skilled player ever it wont stop some of the utter bullshit

deleting the map packs will pretty much get you stuck in with bad players

the type who see dots and rush to them ..

I'm going to try this, I hate the maps anyway.