DLC Achievement Guide

theshieguy

Due to the weekly release of new Rock Band DLC, the additional 250:gsicon: achievements have been split into a separate guide to make updating songs lists easier.

Rock Band 3 DLC achievements

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 3/10

- Offline: 12 (250http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg)

- Online: 0

- Approximate amount of time to 250 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg: 2-3 hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Do cheat codes disable achievements? No. No-fail mode can be used to unlock all achievements.

- Does difficulty affect achievements? No

- Glitchy achievements: None

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Extra equipment needed? Drums, a guitar and a microphone along with 18 specific downloaded songs for 8 of the 12 DLC achievements.

Introduction:

In addition to the 1000http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg from Rock Band 3's achievements, there are 12 achievements for Rock Band 3 downloadable content that total out to 250http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg. For three of these 12 achievements, players must complete certain songs with a specific instrument and 8 of the 12 achievements are tied to specific songs to fulfill achievement requirements. Other than buying new songs that may not be in all players' Rock Band music library, and having access to a guitar drum set and a microphone, the Rock Band 3 DLC achievements should be fairly easy for most players.

Below is a list of 7 Rock Band songs that can be downloaded for FREE. The first two songs are not available in Australia and other regions. However, players unable to download these songs can create a U.S. Xbox Live account to download them and play the songs on their main Xbox account for Live Free or Die. The last 3 songs can be used to unlock Decent Collection if players don't have more than the 18 songs needed for these DLC achievements. And these are the U.S. Xbox.com links below. So if you are in a different region, you can just change the location in the address bar of your internet browser after clicking each link (like "GB" in the place of "US" if you are in Great Britain, etc.):

Stephen and the Colberts--Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)

Vesuvius--Promised Land

Glados--Still Alive

Miranda Cosgrove--Headphones On

Lights Resolve--Dreaming of Love

Little Fish--Am I Crazy

Rock Band Network Megamix 01

ALSO available is a free 9-song music pack of HMX bands. This pack is counted as Rock Band 2 export songs...NOT DLC. You must have additional songs downloaded to unlock the Shameless Promotion achievement.

Section 1 (Guitar--Face Melter):

Face Melter is the only achievement that requires the use of a guitar controller. You must beat 3 '80s Metal songs on any difficulty (see list below). Download any songs you may not have or play songs that you have already purchased. Enable No-fail mode if necessary. After finishing your first song, you will get the Downloader achievement. When you finish your third Metal song, Face Melter will unlock.

Section 2 (Drums--The Perfect Drug):

The Perfect Drug is the only achievement that requires the use of a drumset. You must play "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails on drums having played a 200+ note streak by the end of the song. This can be completed on any difficulty on standard drums OR on Pro drums. No-fail mode can be used if necessary. When "The Perfect Drug" has been completed, you will get the achievement if you reached a 200+ note streak.

Section 3 (Vocals--Mercurial Vocalist):

Mercurial Vocalist is the only achievement that must be done on vocals. You must play a downloaded song by Queen and score 5 stars. If you have exported Lego Rock Band's songs, "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions" WILL NOT work for this achievement. The song used must be a song bought from the Xbox Marketplace or Rock Band's Music Store (see the song list in the achievement description). This can be completed on any difficulty. After finishing the song chosen, if you have scored 5 stars, you will unlock Mercurial Vocalist. You will also unlock I Want It All for beating a Queen downloaded song and Fistful of Awesome for beating 5 downloaded songs.

Section 4 (Clean Up--6 achievements for 125:gsicon:):

These last 6 achievements can be completed on any instrument and on any difficulty. For Live Free or Die, you must play the 4 free downloaded songs listed (see description). For Shameless Self-Promotion, you must play 3 downloaded songs from Harmonix bands (see description). After playing your 12th downloaded song you will unlock Accountant's Dozen. For Just Another Band Out of Boston, simply play a downloaded song from Boston on any instrument. If you choose to play "Forplay/Longtime" from Rock Band 1's export, you MUST have at least one additional song by Boston downloaded to unlock the achievement. For Dave Grohl Band, simply play 5 of the songs listed to unlock the achievement (see description).

After finishing your 5th Dave Grohl song, your total count of DLC played will be 18. You can either play any DLC that wasn't used to unlock the DLC achievements you earned to make your total count 20. Or, if you don't have any additional DLC, you can play "Dreaming of Love," "Am I Crazy" or "Rock Band Network Megamix 01" to unlock Decent Collection.

Conclusion:

The DLC achievements for Rock Band 3 should not be too challenging for most. Having to purchase DLC for certain achievements may turn some players off, but most players (especially those with large Rock Band music libraries) should have no problem getting all 250:gsicon: over the course of playing Rock Band 3 or in about 2 or 3 hours in one day using this Road Map.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/+UVPyg==.jpg Downloader - Play a downloaded song. 20:gsicon:

*See “Decent Collection”*

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/+2RGfw==.jpgMercurial Vocalist - Earn 5 stars on Vocals on a downloaded Queen song. 30:gsicon:

This can be unlocked on any difficulty. The following songs can be played to unlock this achievement:

Another One Bites The Dust

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Fat Bottomed Girls

Hammer To Fall

I Want It All

I Want It All (RB3 Version)

I Want To Break Free

I Want To Break Free (RB3 Version)

Keep Yourself Alive

Killer Queen

Killer Queen (RB3 Version)

Now I'm Here

One Vision

One Vision (RB3 Version)

Play the Game

Somebody to Love

Sombody to Love (RB3 Version)

Tie Your Mother Down

Under Pressure

Under Pressure (RB3 Version)

We Are the Champions (RB3 Version)

We Will Rock You (RB3 Version)

The Lego Rock Band songs (“We Will Rock You” and “We Are The Champions”) WILL NOT unlock this achievement or the “I Want It All” achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-7+s2g==.jpg Live Free or Die - Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band. 25:gsicon:

There are more than 4 free songs that can be downloaded for Rock Band, but this achievement only requires that you beat the following 4 on any difficulty:

*Charlene (I’m Right Behind You)

*Headphones On

*Promised Land

*Still Alive

*If you are a player in Australia or another region and "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" and "Promised Land" are unavailable to download, you can make a separate U.S. Xbox Live account to download the unavailable songs. The songs will work on your main Xbox Live account for this achievement*

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-l9USQ==.jpg Fistful of Awesome - Beat 5 downloaded songs. 15:gsicon:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-sathg==.jpg Accountant's Dozen - Beat 12 downloaded songs. 15:gsicon:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-H5d-A==.jpg Decent Collection - Beat 20 downloaded songs. 15:gsicon:

To unlock this achievement, you must play 20 downloadable songs. Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2, Lego Rock Band and Green Day Rock Band songs DO NOT count toward this achievement. However, the free 20-song pack that came with Rock Band 2 DO count as downloaded songs. Once you finish the 20th song, the achievement will unlock.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-Z6lbw==.jpg I Want It All - Play a downloaded Queen song. 15:gsicon:

*See “Mercurial Vocalist”*

Edited by theshieguy

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-rmxYQ==.jpgShameless Self-Promotion - Download and play three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it. 15:gsicon:

Bonus songs from Rock Band 1 with Harmonix team members in it (like “Pleasure (Pleasure)”) will NOT unlock this achievement. Regular Rock Band DLC, the RB2 20-free pack and Rock Band Network songs, however (like “Push Push [Lady Lightning]” DO count toward this achievement. Here is a list of songs:

Bang Camaro—Bang Camaro

Bang Camaro—Blood Red Rock

Bang Camaro—Nightlife Comando

Bang Camaro—Push Push (Lady Lightning)

Bang Camaro—Revolution

Bang Camaro—Rock Rebellion

Bang Camaro—Swallow The Razor

The Cold Goodnight—Give

Count Zero—Shake

DNA's Evolution—The Heist

Father Octopus—Blink

Freezepop—Get Ready 2 Rokk

Freezepop—Less Talk More Rokk

Freezepop—Science Genius Girl

Freezepop—Special Effects

Freezepop—Sprode

Giant Target—In Memories

Giant Target—Signs

Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives—Entangled

The Main Drag—Car Windows

The Main Drag—Cease and Desist

The Main Drag—Don't Let Me Down (Slowly)

The Main Drag—Dove Nets

The Main Drag—Even Seconds

The Main Drag—Goodnight Technologist

The Main Drag—Homosuperior

The Main Drag—How We'd Look On Paper

The Main Drag—Love During Wartime

The Main Drag—Megatron

The Main Drag—Montana

The Main Drag—Swine Houses

The Main Drag—Taking Apart a Gigantic Machine

The Main Drag—Talk Them Down

The Main Drag—Teeth, Face, Outerspace

The Main Drag—Tricky Girl

The Main Drag—What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Megasus—Megasus

Shaimus—All of This

Shaimus—Like A Fool

Shaimus—Tie You Down

Speck—Grumpytown

Speck—VP of Booty Reports

Tijuana Sweetheart—No Mercy

Tijuana Sweetheart—Trash Candy

To see which of your songs are available, from the main menu: Career>My Goals>Rock Band>Downloaded Song Goals>Shameless Self-Promotion.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-1lJ8g==.jpg Just Another Band Out of Boston - 5 Star any Boston song. 15:gsicon:

This achievement can be completed on any difficulty with any instrument. The following songs from Boston can be played:

Foreplay/Long Time

Hitch A Ride

More Than a Feeling

Peace of Mind

More than a Feeling

Rock and Roll Band

Smokin’

Something About You

YES, “Foreplay/Long Time” from Rock Band 1 CAN be used to unlock this achievement. HOWEVER, you must own at least one downloaded song from Boston to unlock the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-yZVFQ==.jpg Face Melter - Melt faces by beating any three '80s Metal songs. 25:gsicon:

This achievement description can be confusing to some. This achievement can ONLY be unlocked playing guitar on any difficulty. Here is a list of the songs that can be played to unlock the achievement:

Anthrax—Among The Living

Anthrax—I'm the Man

Anthrax—Indians

Anthrax—Madhouse (Live)

Anthrax—Metal Thrashing Mad (Live)

Anvil—666

Anvil—Metal on Metal

Dio—Holy Diver

Dio—Stand Up And Shout

Iron Maiden—2 Minutes to Midnight

Iron Maiden—Can I Play with Madness

Iron Maiden—The Clairvoyant

Iron Maiden—The Number of the Beast (Cover Version)

Iron Maiden—The Number of the Beast (Original Version)

Iron Maiden—Powerslave

Iron Maiden—Run to the Hills (Original Version)

Iron Maiden—The Trooper

Iron Maiden—Wasted Years

Judas Priest—Bloodstone

Judas Priest—Devil's Child

Judas Priest—Fever

Judas Priest—The Hellion / Electric Eye

Judas Priest—Pain and Pleasure

Judas Priest—Riding on the Wind

Judas Priest—Screaming for Vengeance

Judas Priest—(Take These) Chains

Judas Priest—You've Got Another Thing Coming

Megadeth—Bad Omen

Megadeth—The Conjuring

Megadeth—Devil's Island

Megadeth—Good Mourning / Black Friday

Megadeth—I Ain't Superstitious

Megadeth—My Last Words

Megadeth—Wake Up Dead

Metallica—…And Justice for All

Metallica—Blackened

Metallica—Ride the Lightning

Ministry—Stigmata

Ministry—Thieves

Motorhead—Killed By Death ‘08

Motorhead—We Are The Road Crew ‘08

Motley Crue—Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)

Motley Crue—Dr. Feelgood

Motley Crue—Kickstart My Heart

Motley Crue—Rattlesnake Shake

Motley Crue—Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S)

Motley Crue—She Goes Down

Motley Crue—Slice of Your Pie

Motley Crue—Sticky Sweet

Motley Crue—Time for Change

Motley Crue—Without You

Ozzy Osbourne—Crazy Babies

Slayer—Black Magic

This achievement can ONLY be unlocked with downloadable songs. No songs from Rock Band 1, 2 or 3 will work for this achievement. This can be completed on any difficulty.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/-OekMw==.jpgDave Grohl Band - Beat 5 songs from any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member. 30:gsicon:

Any songs from Rock Band 1, 2 or Lego Rock Band will NOT work for this achievement. DLC songs from Foo Fighters, Garbage, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Queens of the Stone Age, Tenacious D and Them Crooked Vultures will work. The full list below:

Foo Fighters—All My Life

Foo Fighters—Best of You

Foo Fighters—DOA

Foo Fighters—Doll

Foo Fighters—Enough Space

Foo Fighters—February Stars

Foo Fighters—Hey, Johnny Park!

Foo Fighters—I'll Stick Around

Foo Fighters—Lonely As You

Foo Fighters—Monkey Wrench

Foo Fighters—My Poor Brain

Foo Fighters—New Way Home

Foo Fighters—The Pretender

Foo Fighters—See You

Foo Fighters—This is a Call

Foo Fighters—Times Like These

Foo Fighters—Up in Arms

Foo Fighters—Walking After You

Foo Fighters—Wheels

Foo Fighters—Wind Up

Foo Fighters—Word Forward

Garbage—Why Do You Love Me

Nine Inch Nails—Burn

Nine Inch Nails—Capital G

Nine Inch Nails—The Collector

Nine Inch Nails—Last

Nine Inch Nails—March of the Pigs

Nine Inch Nails—The Perfect Drug

Nirvana— About a Girl

Nirvana—Blew

Nirvana—Breed

Nirvana—Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)

Nirvana—Lithium (Live at Reading)

Nirvana—Lounge Act

Nirvana—On A Plain

Nirvana—Polly

Nirvana—School

Nirvana—Smells Like Teen Spirit

Nirvana—Something in the Way

Nirvana—Stay Away

Nirvana—Territorial Pissings

Queens of the Stone Age—3's and 7's

Queens of the Stone Age—Little Sister

Queens of the Stone Age—Sick, Sick, Sick

Tenacious D—The Metal

Tenacious D—Rock Your Socks

Tenacious D—Tribute

Them Crooked Vultures—New Fang

To check this goal, from the main menu: Career>My Goals>Rock Band>Downloaded Songs>Dave Grohl Band (it's in the second row). When you select the goal, a song list will show all of the songs you have that can be used to unlock the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/+oS+7A==.jpgThe Perfect Drug - Get a 200 note streak on "The Perfect Drug". 30:gsicon:

The description for this one is VERY misleading. This achievement can ONLY be unlocked on drums. Difficulty does not matter. For most players, the easiest way to get this achievement would be to play the song on Medium difficulty and turn on Breakneck Speed if necessary. Once the song is finished, if you have hit 200 notes without breaking your multiplier, the achievement will unlock.

*This achievement can be unlocked on standard drums or Pro drums*

Edited by theshieguy

Okay... I need some help regarding these. I have a fair share of DLC, but none of these goals/achievements actually show up in the "My Goals" section, where they are supposed to be. I checked the achievements for the game through the xbox guide-section, and they're all there.

I am playing the PAL version.

Also, just to test this, I completed all of my 80's metal songs (about 10) on expert guitar. No achievement.

Any fix available for this? Thanks in advance.

Also, you forgot to mention The Acro-Brats, Vagiant and Anarchy Club under harmonix bands.

I don't know if Abnormality have any DLC, but they're a HMX band too. There's Breaking Wheel(/Artillery), too.

Also, they're called Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives, not Honest Bob and The Factory-to-Dealer.

Edited by TheDude wuz

The band is call "The Main Drag" not "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"

and every one of there songs are in the RBN

other then that its a nice guide but i dont think you will need 4 posts cause i don't think there will be anymore DLC achievements

That "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter" reference was something that got typed up back in October with the first draft of the guide. I honestly didn't even notice it. :p Thanks. And the extra space is for additions to the song lists...not so much for additional achievements (I know that I'm going to end up hitting reserve #2 at least).

Okay... I need some help regarding these. I have a fair share of DLC, but none of these goals/achievemenst actually show up in the "My Goals" section, where they are supposed to be. I checked the achievements for the game through the xbox guide-section, and they're all there.

Also, just to test this, I completed all of my 80's metal songs (about 10) on expert guitar. No achievement.

I have no clue. :confused: I'm not aware of any PAL achievement issue with the game, considering I've seen European players on my XBL list with some of these DLC achievements. Double check your game file/song cache and contact Harmonix's Tech Support on their website about it if you still have issues.

Also, you forgot to mention The Acro-Brats, Vagiant and Anarchy Club under harmonix bands.

I don't know if Abnormality have any DLC, but they're a HMX band too. There's Breaking Wheel(/Artillery), too.

That's why I wrote "*This list is still a work in progress*". I only have (had?) so much space to list the songs. And none of those bands that you listed have DLC songs yet. :p

Also, they're called Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives, not Honest Bob and The Factory-to-Dealer.

And they're called "achievements" not "achievemenst." :p Uh-huh. Just kidding. Capitalization is a habit (the capital "T" was something else that I didn't even notice). The main game descriptions were literally in need of updates when all of these descriptions were typed. So the DLC descriptions weren't on the top of the "to-do" list (and I doubt that they will be before the Pro guitar descriptions and the 1000 GS Road Map is completed). But I will get around to them soon. If you were going to point something out, that extra "T" that I put on "Father Octtopus" would've been worth mentioning. lol :p

If you guys notice any other typos, let me know. :)

Edited by theshieguy

And they're called "achievements" not "achievemenst." :p Uh-huh. Just kidding. Capitalization is a habit (the capital "T" was something else that I didn't even notice). The main game descriptions were literally in need of updates when all of these descriptions were typed. So the DLC descriptions weren't on the top of the "to-do" list (and I doubt that they will be before the Pro guitar descriptions and the 1000 GS Road Map is completed). But I will get around to them soon. If you were going to point something out, that extra "T" that I put on "Father Octtopus" would've been worth mentioning. lol :p

If you guys notice any other typos, let me know. :)

I think he was pointing out that it is "Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives".

Okay... I need some help regarding these. I have a fair share of DLC, but none of these goals/achievemenst actually show up in the "My Goals" section, where they are supposed to be. I checked the achievements for the game through the xbox guide-section, and they're all there.

I think the problem is that you don't have the right songs. They need to be Downloaded from the in game store or market place to work they cant be from exports. Thats why the op didn't list The Acro-Brats, Vagiant, and Anarchy Club. They are all from exports so they don't work for the DLC achievements

and nice catch with Honest Bob. I'm a big fan (Honest Bob was my first Bronze Artist badge on Zune and Second and Eighteen was my first bronze album badge) and I didn't notice it

For the Boston and Face Melter achievements, some good song suggestions would be nice.

I was planning on getting the entire Boston pack about a year ago, but decided there were better songs to buy, so I kept putting it off. Is the whole album all right in the chart department (I play everything, so instruments don't matter), or do any of the songs stand out more than the others?

And as for Face Melter, I'm not a big fan of metal, so I might need some help here. I'm getting I'm the Man by Anthrax, no doubt about that; the lyrics are just too good to pass up. I was thinking of picking up some Crue tracks (since S.O.L.A. doesn't count towards the achievement) and maybe Run to the Hills, but if there's a better Maiden song, I'd love to hear some feedback. I'm not interested in the Slayer track at all, though.

For the Boston and Face Melter achievements, some good song suggestions would be nice.

I was planning on getting the entire Boston pack about a year ago, but decided there were better songs to buy, so I kept putting it off. Is the whole album all right in the chart department (I play everything, so instruments don't matter), or do any of the songs stand out more than the others?

And as for Face Melter, I'm not a big fan of metal, so I might need some help here. I'm getting I'm the Man by Anthrax, no doubt about that; the lyrics are just too good to pass up. I was thinking of picking up some Crue tracks (since S.O.L.A. doesn't count towards the achievement) and maybe Run to the Hills, but if there's a better Maiden song, I'd love to hear some feedback. I'm not interested in the Slayer track at all, though.

All of the Boston songs are super fun on everthing. I would recommend Hitch a Ride or Peace of Mind.

as for 80's Metal i'm not a fan so i cant give any helpful suggestions.

Quick thing, everyone--I meant to post this Tuesday (blame Thanksgiving for the SUPER late mention :p) and I didn't want to make a thread about it (there are enough already, right?) but the Nirvana 01 and Nirvana 02 packs are on sale on XBL if anyone does not have any/enough DLC for the Dave Grohl Band achievement (U.S. links below):

Nirvana 01 pack (640 MS points):

*Breed

*Lounge Act

*On a Plain

*Polly

*Something In the Way

*Stay Away

*Territorial Pissings

And this pack is the one that most people either have or might as well get for the price (DEFINITELY worth the price):

Nirvana 02 Pack (240 MS points):

*Come As You Are (Live from MTV Unplugged)

*Lithium (Live from Reading)

*Smells Like Teen Spirit

And this isn't achievement-related, but the Credence Clearwater Revival Pack (CCR 12-pack) is 400 MS points this week (regularly priced 1600 MS points--75% discount :eek:):

CCR 01 Pack:

*Bad Moon Rising

*Born on the Bayou

*Down on the Corner"

*Fortunate Son (Original Version)

*Green River

*I Heard It Through the Grapevine

*Lookin' Out My Back Door

*Proud Mary

*Run Through the Jungle

*Travelin' Band

*Up Around the Bend

*Who'll Stop the Rain

12 songs for the price of 2 and a half. Shame on you if you don't buy it. :p

There are only six Boston songs to choose from. I take it most people are either aware/unaware of these and will pick "More Than a Feeling" or they have "Rock and Roll Band" from the Classic Rock Track Pack export. And...you DO know that (as of this post) there are 51 songs for Face Melter, right? :confused: "Fun" and "the best songs are..." are REALLY subjective phrases and I have tried my best to avoid them. What's fun on guitar may not be fun on vocals. And what a casual, decent Expert guitarist (like myself) enjoys playing may not be what a proficient Expert player enjoys (like maybe Megadeth's music).

The song lists are for reference. Other than that, Youtube is VERY helpful for any song that you might not be familiar with. Do a search: "Rock Band _______" (and type the name of the song in the blank). You'll find full-band videos and solo instruments (as long as the record companies haven't filed copyright complaints).

I can't, in good conscience, suggest songs out of a total of 51 that some may like and others may hate. That's why it's a good thing that there are so many to choose from. But you guys have to do the research and find out which songs are worth buying (for these achievements and for all of the weekly DLC). ;)

My schedule is going to be a little hectic this weekend, but I'll see about adding a "search Youtube for any songs you are unfamiliar with" mention somewhere in the Road Map. :)

What "better songs" did YOU buy? :p The entire Boston pack is a MUST-HAVE for all instruments. It was even 400 MS points (instead of the regular 800) this Summer when Microsoft had a DLC sale. There isn't really a "this song is better than this one" in the pack because all 6 of them mesh so well AND play just as fun separately. So, since you already have one or more songs (I assume), just buy the rest of the individual tracks or check them out on Youtube if you are SUPER skeptical about the pack.

YouTube each one you are interested in. That is probably the best advice I can give ANYONE about these achievements if a player doesn't have enough songs. If you're looking for quick suggestions, "Holy Diver" is pretty epic, the Screaming for Vengeance album is pretty solid, and the Crue album is worth buying if you like the songs. Most of the other songs are on the more difficult side of things (but it might still be fun for you).

Also, I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this, but if you live in the U.S., Family Dollar stores are currently selling NEW copies of the Rock Band Track Pack Volume 2 game AND the Rock Band Metal Track Pack for $5 each. Track Pack 2 contains a DLC code for 20 songs including "The Perfect Drug" and "Why Do You Love Me" for the Dave Grohl Band achievement along with "You Got Another Thing Coming" for Face Melter. The Metal Pack also has 20 songs including "3's and 7's" (for Dave Grohl achievement), "Killed By Death '08" (Face Melter) and "Screaming for Vengeance" (can also be used for Face Melter). For each pack, it's $1 less than the cost of all three of those songs separately from the Marketplace (and you get 17 other songs...the ones you don't like can be 1-lighter'd :p).

But anyway mikachu, if you get the Motley Crue album, "Dr. Feelgood" & "Rattlesnake Shake" are useful for the Hopo-cidal maniac achievement if you can play well on Expert guitar. Here's a quick list (the only ones I can recommend if you haven't checked YouTube):

*Holy Diver

*Kickstart My Heart (if you choose not to buy the whole Crue album)

*Killed By Death '08 (if you don't get the Metal Track Pack)

Iron Maiden is fun (if you can handle the difficulty), Megadeth is great for Hopo-cidal maniac, and Metallica is...Metallica (you either love it or hate it :p). But, seriously, CHECK YOUTUBE! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, you guys. I decided I'll finally be picking up the entire Boston pack and maybe the Crue album (they're a good band, and I've always been a Nikki Sixx fan) as soon as I get the points, and thanks for the Track Pack tips. I had no idea I could find them for so cheap, so I'll definitely check them out! ;)

Would songs from Track Packs (ie AC/DC or Classic Rock) count towards these achievements?

Yes. As long as the song in question meets the requirements for a Rock Band 3 DLC achievement, it can be used (like "Rock and Roll Band" from Boston on the Classic Rock Pack or "Screaming For Vengeance" by Judas Priest from the Metal Pack, etc.). It's still DLC on your hard drive. But it's just all in one file, since it was a track pack export. ;)

I've played The Perfect Drug and Why do you love me and looked in the "My goal" Section and there is nothing on my game that says anything about the Dave Ghrol achievement? I'm trying to not buy songs until I have to. Is this not working because I actually had the RB/TP2 disc and uploaded them to my hard drive? I'm not sure why it's not in my goals and am wondering if this is glitched? Any help?

So I bought and 5 starred Come As You Are (MTV Unplugged) and no dave grohl mention whatsoever, not after the song, still not even viewable in the my goals>rock band>download song> thing either...every achievement is viewable at that page but the Grohl one...what is wrong?

On a side note, you can easily get Vocals Showmanship (4 vocal overdrives in a song) and Mercurial Vocalist by singing Crazy Little Thing Called Love on medium. I missed an overdrive phrase or two and still got the 4 overdrives.

Another way to look for songs in a particular era/genre/etc is to use the site's song finder:

http://www.rockband.com/songs/finder

Sorry for the late reply but any MetallicA or Dio DLC should be what your looking for and their really good bands to boot... even if you dont like metal... Rust in Peace album by ]V[egadet]-[ will probably get it too :)

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question about the DLC. I just DLed the free pack that came out on the 4th and when i go under the decent collection to play the 20 DLC songs those tracks from the free pack wont show up under that category. So i was wondering if i play them will they still count towards the 20??

Quick question about the DLC. I just DLed the free pack that came out on the 4th and when i go under the decent collection to play the 20 DLC songs those tracks from the free pack wont show up under that category. So i was wondering if i play them will they still count towards the 20??

No. The game counts them as Rock Band 2 songs.