Postcard Locations

razzleson

Anyone have or know of a postcard location list?

I have 19/20 and I have no idea where to look. I've been stuck for hours on this dang thing.

EDIT: Added locations (Thanks Flaw!)

Radiator Springs

• Next to Flo’s Café sign and Mack.
  • Behind Luigi’s Casa Della Tires, on some crates. Start behind Lizzie’s. Get a lot of speed to hit the ramp and do control-stick jump as you leave the ramp. This is more easily done with some Boost, but it’s not necessary.
  • On top of Ramone’s House of Body Art. Head to the rear of the building and go up the ramp.
  • Glen Rio Motel. Across from Mater's yard. One building is close to the road. Head behind it to the building on the left. The postcard is in the first alcove.
  • Radiator Springs Drive-In Theater, to the right of the entrance, on an embankment. Head out the rear of the Drive-In and go right around the rocks onto a dirt road. This will lead you to the outside of the theater fence. Get a little speed so you can jump onto the ledge (60 mph is enough.) Be sure to face the postcard as you jump, or you may go sailing past it.
  • Above the south ravine, behind the fence. South of the town there is a two-lane paved road that runs in a long turn. South of the road is a fence of posts and two rails. Get on the other side of the fence at the northern-most end. Stay close to the fence to get the postcard.
  • North of Sarge’s Boot Camp (the large green-fenced area.) You’ll have to jump over the big ravine from the North. This is most easily done with lots of Boost, but it’s not necessary. Don’t jump at the broken bridge, as that will keep you on the wrong side of the rocks.
  • Under the cement bridge at the end of the big ravine, just north of Sarge’s Boot Camp. Either fall in or drive all the way down the big ravine to the cement bridge.
  • Up in the rocks. Northeast of the town. I found the access by driving up the big ravine to the end and taking the right exit. Then immediately go straight instead of bearing right with the dirt road. This takes you to an orange&white barrier to jump over and follow the road to a T. (Heading right leads to a dead end with a 2000 bonus point marker.) Head left up the mountain. You will need LOTS of boost to make the two long jumps ahead, and if you don’t make it, you’re placed back on the mountain to try again. After the second jump, head right to the postcard. This postcard is visible from the ground, just south of the arrow-like hood ornament that points west. (Heading left after the second jump leads to another 2000 bonus point marker.)
  • Table top A. Below the rock from the second jump of “Up in the rocksâ€, is a twisty set of roads. There is a dirt road you can jump to just south of the paved road. There is another dirt road that leads up to the table-like mountains. Two quick jumps and you’re on the top of one. From here, you can see two postcards to the north. Make a third jump east. Then corkscrew down to the right to find a postcard.
  • Table Top B. Three quick jumps west from the bottom of the corkscrew leads to a second postcard. Jump north past the 2000 bonus points to get down.
  • Table Top C. Return to the Table Top A second jump. On the southeast side is a small ramp. If you drive up to the edge, you can see a postcard down below on a table-top mountain. Make a slow (60mph or so) jump and you’ll land on the same table-top.

Ornament Valley

• Two Water Towers. Where the two train tracks meet at two water towers, there’s an entrance across the road into several fenced fields. Follow the faded path first left, then around to the right. Use the cart to jump once, then follow the bonus points back left to the envelope on the ledge.
  • Under cement bridge. From the Two Water Towers head south, uphill, and bear right onto the dark brown dirt road. This will head right and then left under the cement bridge to the postcard.

Tailfin Pass

• Wheel Well Motel, inside. From the intersection at the top of all roads, cross the wood-framed bridge and stay on the paved road. The hotel will be on the left eventually.
  • Cliffside by bridge, southwest of gorge. After crossing the bridge (same one to Wheel Well), take an immediate left onto a gray dirt road. There’s a long drop on your left. There are two Boost-requiring jumps. This then leads to a wide area and a ramp down to the postcard. You have to retrace your path to get out.
  • Behind the Waterfall. From the bridge intersection, head downhill (exiting the bridge, turn left). After several turns, there’s a ledge on the right you can jump to. Jump on it and take the right dirt road, hugging the cliff face until you’re behind the waterfall at the postcard.
  • Above Tailfin Pass tunnel. From “Behind the Waterfallâ€, continue along the cliff face. There’s one jump to make. At the end is a postcard in view of the Radiator-Cap mountain of Radiator Springs. Head downhill from the postcard to find yourself at the tunnel.
  • Lower Mine. From the race with the Road Hazards, you should know a bit of the mine. Enter at the lower entrance as in the race. Take the first right (follow the bonus points)onto the raised-wooden track. At the second lantern, head left through the boards to find a postcard. If you miss the right turn, you’ll see the postcard through a hole on your right, which you also can drive through.
  • Upper Mine. Continuing up through the mine, after going through a large room and a hairpin-left turn, there is a small ramp on the left of the passage. Use it to jump onto the raised wooden path. Stay on the raised path to the end for the postcard.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't have this game, but here you go buddy ;)

Radiator Springs

• Next to Flo’s Café sign and Mack.
  • Behind Luigi’s Casa Della Tires, on some crates. Start behind Lizzie’s. Get a lot of speed to hit the ramp and do control-stick jump as you leave the ramp. This is more easily done with some Boost, but it’s not necessary.
  • On top of Ramone’s House of Body Art. Head to the rear of the building and go up the ramp.
  • Glen Rio Motel. Across from Mater's yard. One building is close to the road. Head behind it to the building on the left. The postcard is in the first alcove.
  • Radiator Springs Drive-In Theater, to the right of the entrance, on an embankment. Head out the rear of the Drive-In and go right around the rocks onto a dirt road. This will lead you to the outside of the theater fence. Get a little speed so you can jump onto the ledge (60 mph is enough.) Be sure to face the postcard as you jump, or you may go sailing past it.
  • Above the south ravine, behind the fence. South of the town there is a two-lane paved road that runs in a long turn. South of the road is a fence of posts and two rails. Get on the other side of the fence at the northern-most end. Stay close to the fence to get the postcard.
  • North of Sarge’s Boot Camp (the large green-fenced area.) You’ll have to jump over the big ravine from the North. This is most easily done with lots of Boost, but it’s not necessary. Don’t jump at the broken bridge, as that will keep you on the wrong side of the rocks.
  • Under the cement bridge at the end of the big ravine, just north of Sarge’s Boot Camp. Either fall in or drive all the way down the big ravine to the cement bridge.
  • Up in the rocks. Northeast of the town. I found the access by driving up the big ravine to the end and taking the right exit. Then immediately go straight instead of bearing right with the dirt road. This takes you to an orange&white barrier to jump over and follow the road to a T. (Heading right leads to a dead end with a 2000 bonus point marker.) Head left up the mountain. You will need LOTS of boost to make the two long jumps ahead, and if you don’t make it, you’re placed back on the mountain to try again. After the second jump, head right to the postcard. This postcard is visible from the ground, just south of the arrow-like hood ornament that points west. (Heading left after the second jump leads to another 2000 bonus point marker.)
  • Table top A. Below the rock from the second jump of “Up in the rocksâ€, is a twisty set of roads. There is a dirt road you can jump to just south of the paved road. There is another dirt road that leads up to the table-like mountains. Two quick jumps and you’re on the top of one. From here, you can see two postcards to the north. Make a third jump east. Then corkscrew down to the right to find a postcard.
  • Table Top B. Three quick jumps west from the bottom of the corkscrew leads to a second postcard. Jump north past the 2000 bonus points to get down.
  • Table Top C. Return to the Table Top A second jump. On the southeast side is a small ramp. If you drive up to the edge, you can see a postcard down below on a table-top mountain. Make a slow (60mph or so) jump and you’ll land on the same table-top.

Ornament Valley

• Two Water Towers. Where the two train tracks meet at two water towers, there’s an entrance across the road into several fenced fields. Follow the faded path first left, then around to the right. Use the cart to jump once, then follow the bonus points back left to the envelope on the ledge.
  • Under cement bridge. From the Two Water Towers head south, uphill, and bear right onto the dark brown dirt road. This will head right and then left under the cement bridge to the postcard.

Tailfin Pass

• Wheel Well Motel, inside. From the intersection at the top of all roads, cross the wood-framed bridge and stay on the paved road. The hotel will be on the left eventually.
  • Cliffside by bridge, southwest of gorge. After crossing the bridge (same one to Wheel Well), take an immediate left onto a gray dirt road. There’s a long drop on your left. There are two Boost-requiring jumps. This then leads to a wide area and a ramp down to the postcard. You have to retrace your path to get out.
  • Behind the Waterfall. From the bridge intersection, head downhill (exiting the bridge, turn left). After several turns, there’s a ledge on the right you can jump to. Jump on it and take the right dirt road, hugging the cliff face until you’re behind the waterfall at the postcard.
  • Above Tailfin Pass tunnel. From “Behind the Waterfallâ€, continue along the cliff face. There’s one jump to make. At the end is a postcard in view of the Radiator-Cap mountain of Radiator Springs. Head downhill from the postcard to find yourself at the tunnel.
  • Lower Mine. From the race with the Road Hazards, you should know a bit of the mine. Enter at the lower entrance as in the race. Take the first right (follow the bonus points)onto the raised-wooden track. At the second lantern, head left through the boards to find a postcard. If you miss the right turn, you’ll see the postcard through a hole on your right, which you also can drive through.
  • Upper Mine. Continuing up through the mine, after going through a large room and a hairpin-left turn, there is a small ramp on the left of the passage. Use it to jump onto the raised wooden path. Stay on the raised path to the end for the postcard.

• 2 weeks later...

can any boby elabotate on where the ledge on the right is caus ive been tryin to tind it for over a hour now

Good stuff.

I couldn't find the 'Up in the rocks' one with the directions posted. I ended up getting to it a different way, much simpler (this is assuming I am talking about the right one):

The postcard is on a long narrow rock that you can't jump on. Looking at the card from off the edge it's sitting on, go on the right side and you'll see a huge dip with bonus points heading back behind you that would be attainable if you were to take that jump and boost. Keep going behind it, like you were wanting to take that jump, but keep heading in a direction to the right of the road. You'll want to take the jump at an angle, around 50 degrees to the right of the bonus points. You'll only need to do this a couple times to get the feel for the direction and speed needed. Land with both the brake and e-brake buttons pushed so you don't go over the edge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found a much better guide from Barry Will on GameFAQS. So thanks to Mr. Will for all the help it made my job so much easier!

Chapter 1 Postcards:

====================

These postcards are in the Radiator Springs area and can be reached

immediately, though a couple are easier to reach if you have a boost tank.

-> Directly across the street from Lizzie's, almost in front of Mack.

-> On top of Ramone's House of Body Art; there's a ramp around back to

get up on the roof.

-> On top of some crates behind Luigi's Casa Della Tires; go behind Lizzie's

shop and get a running start up the ramp and jump to reach the postcard

(this one's a bit easier if you have at least one boost tank).

-> In one of the rooms of the Glenn Rio Motel, east of the Cozy Cone Motel

on Route 66.

-> In the wash running behind Sarge's compound, underneath the bridge.

-> Behind Sarge's compound, between the fence and the wash; drive to the

opposite side of the wash and drive along the edge until you pass the

"back gate" of Sarge's compound and you'll see the postcard in a clear

area just beyond. Find the area on your side of the wash that's about

the same height as the area across the wash. Get a good, long running

start to make the jump (this one's easier if you have at least one boost

tank).

-> Go out the right-hand back gate of the old drive-in (the back exit that

leads to a dirt road) and follow the road around to the right and behind

the fence you'll find a postcard.

-> From Route 66, head to the firehouse and take a left. When the road makes

a hard right turn (marked with yellow directional signs), jump up on the

little ledge to the left and drive closely behind the fence along the lip

of the wash to find the postcard.

Chapter 2 Postcards:

====================

These postcards are in Radiator Springs; but, you need at least one boost

tank (complete "Boostin' with Filmore") in order to make the jumps.

-> From the Doc's Lesson/Challenge event marker, go due north until you run

into a cliff face. Turn right (east) and drive along the cliff until you

find a narrow dirt path blocked by an orange and white barricade. Jump

the barricade and follow the path. When you reach a T-intersection, go

right to pick up a 2,000 point bonus icon, then head back the other way.

You'll have to make a big jump onto a plateau, then another, shorter

jump to a second plateau. Drive down off the western edge of this second

plateau and keep going west to find the postcard.

-> Exit the old drive-in by the dirt road in back. Follow this road straight

into the series of criss-crossing washes behind Willy's Butte. You'll go

around a fenced-in pit. After rounding the pit, look for a grass-covered

slope to your right, this is a slope you do not have to jump up to. Drive

up the slope and you'll find two dirt paths. Take the path that goes

straight up from the slope (heading west) and follow it upwards. You'll

have to make a short jump followed by a big jump to reach a large rock.

From this large rock, find the big ramp on the east side and boost-jump

it to a sloping rock. Drive up the sloping rock and go left on a path

that winds around the inside of a butte. At the end is the postcard.

-> From the previous postcard, find the opening to the west and make a

couple of short jumps to another postcard.

-> From the previous postcard, jump down from the north edge (there's a

little down-ramp) to another rock, then down again right onto the dirt

path you started on. Make the two jumps again to a large rock. This time,

boost jump off the small ramp on the south side to reach another post-

card.

Chapter 3 Postcards:

====================

These postcards are located in Ornament Valley, which is opened at the

beginning of Chapter 3.

-> From the Rustbucket arena, go west (toward Radiator Springs). Just past

the Radiator Springs billboard, turn right onto a dirt road. Take the

left path when the road forks. When you reach the concrete bridge, drive

down into the gully and pick up a postcard from beneath the bridge.

-> From the above postcard, drive out of the gully, which places you near

an orchard. Drive into the orchard and work your way from field to

field, following a path of bonus point tokens. When you find a broken

cart, use it to jump the fence and continue following the tokens up

on to a bluff, where you'll find a postcard.

Chapter 4 Postcards:

====================

These postcards are in Tailfin Pass, though most are only accessible after

you've completed "Delinquent Road Hazards".

-> Inside the Wheel Well.

-> Going downhill from the Wheel Well, just before you cross a wood trestle

bridge, a dirt road leads north. Follow it, making two large jumps (two

boost tanks make these jumps easier) to reach the postcard.

*The following areas are not accessible until you have completed "Delinquent

Road Hazards".*

-> In the mine, near the bottom end, is a shortcut to the right that leads

to some wood catwalks. Near the beginning of this shortcut, to the left,

break through the wood barrier to find the postcard.

-> At the top end of the mine, on the wood catwalk. You can reach the

catwalk using a small ramp further down the mine.

-> Take the side road next to the large waterfall and look for bonus point

tokens up on the ridge to your left. Jump up on to the ridge and follow

the dirt road up, taking the right-hand path when the road forks. You'll

reach a ledge with the postcard next to the waterfall.

-> From the above postcard, find the dirt path that continues behind the

waterfall and follow it, making a jump. Stay on the dirt road as it

hairpins down the mountain to reach the postcard.

FULL TEXT HERE http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/cars.txt

• 4 weeks later...

this may sounds stupid, but I cant tell which direction I am going. All these guides say "head North" but how do I know which Direction is north? I still need 5. Also is there any way to progress time so I am not trying to find these things at night?