Turbo controller not worth it

So I looked into buying a mad catz turbo/auto-fire controller to tape down the A button so i would'nt have to mash it repeatedly for forever to finish the 6000 correct answers achievement. My advice? Totally not worth it. I tested mashing the A button for ONE hour and got over 400 correct answers in battle of wits vs cpu. Considering I only need 4000 more answers to finish it thats only 10 hours of masing. I watched Avatar with my wife while mashing away and caught up on Family Guy and now only need 1400 more answers. I'm mashing it while typing this one handed. Just an fyi to those of you thinking about that option. If you already have one go for it but if not its not worth the hastle of getting one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i just wanted to state that the method laid out in the guide does not work. I am talking about the method for people WITHOUT turbo controllers (tapin g the A button down) because the A button needs to "come up" and be pressed dopwn again...it cant just be held down....

The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.

• 3 months later...
The guide specifically says TURBO CONTROLLER METHOD. It does not work with a regular controller as u stated.

This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.

This doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...
This is a cut and paste of the achievement guide "Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

It says if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of tape on.

This doesn't work.

You totally added words to what it really says:

Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.

• 1 month later...
You totally added words to what it really says:

Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well.

the words "or if you dont have a turbo controller" do not exist.

Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader-game-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.

Worldsenemy didn't added words to it. I beleive Worldsenemy was looking here.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/are-you-smarter-than-a-5th-grader-game-time/guide/

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller, such as the Street Fighter IV controller, you can get this quite easily. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button, or if you don't have a turbo controller, put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right, and it will auto rematch as well."

but if you look here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=186420

"Turbo controller method: If you have a turbo controller such as the Street Fighter IV controller you can get this very easy. Setup a Battle of the Wits Match on easy vs the cpu. Set the Controller to Turbo the A button. Put a piece of scotch tape on the A button. You will answer about 800 questions an hour right and it will auto rematch as well."

Both Achievements guides saying something a little different.

That is so weird i def didnt put the or if you dont have a turbo section