From Under the Cloak - 50 stealthy Stuns Achievement

For anyone struggling to get 50 stealthy Stuns (like me!) here's how to do it:

For stuns to count towards your total you must be cloaked behind the enemy when you cast Stupify.

Crucially, you must not have been seen by the enemy before you cloaked (so if he saw you & you hid, it probably won't count)

If you do this corretly, Harry will fire 1 shot and the enemy will fall on the ground dead and transport away in a black cloud of smoke. If you do not see this one-shot-kill animation is has not counted towards your total!

A good level to do this is the Whitehall level or Ministry of magic.

Be careful when you are cloaked and about to fire, there is no aiming reticule so it's really easy to miss and mess it up. You want to be looking slightly to the left when you fire. A good tip is to get really close, so almost all of the view is obscured by the guys back, then fire. It is almost impossible to miss if you do this.

Hope this helps.

SHGG

• 2 weeks later...

The guide should be updated i tried the 50 protego stuns first and nothing unlocked however did this and it unlocked at 36 guessing i had previous ones or ones i got before dying counted I dont know. Best place to do it definitely is The Streets of Godric's Hollow because you can do it on non enemies that dont attack you and they infinitely spawn.

• 2 months later...
Thanx guys

But is it really worth me spending my money on??

Unless you're a die hard Harry Potter fan and have all the other games, no. Even with that being said, I would wait until the prices have dropped, as I see the second hand market being flooded with this game once people realize there is no replay value other than trying to top the leaderboards.

In regards to the OP, I thought a quick stun was when you are cloaked and come up using Protego (:ybut: then :rbbut:). I tried it with Stupify, but I had an issue with it not unlocking. When I would do it with Protego it unlocked during my second playthrough. So maybe it counts with both?

• 2 months later...
In regards to the OP, I thought a quick stun was when you are cloaked and come up using Protego (:ybut: then :rbbut:). I tried it with Stupify, but I had an issue with it not unlocking. When I would do it with Protego it unlocked during my second playthrough. So maybe it counts with both?

Would be LB not RB, RB changes spells.

So is it Protego or Stupify or both? i've just spent almost an hour doing this on the snatchers camp level and its not unlocked, i dont have advanced protego or whatever from the cheat so they werent dying.

I got to a place where i could run in, creep up behind, stun while cloaked, recloak, run away and hide then wait till they stopped shooting and repeat. I'm sure i've done 50 and im not sure i can really be bothered to carry on, this games already pissed me of when i missed 1 collectable and found out i couldn't level select to get it.

I'm not going to be doing more than 1 playthrough either it can just go back to the rental place.

Edit: Bollocks to this then, i spent another 40mins on the godric (graveyard?) thingy level with respawning mobs, still didn't get it, no idea what im doing wrong or is it just bugged now? Or was that patch i had to download at the start blocking protego from doing it? I tried stupify from stealth but they just stood there then half a second later turn round.

Finished the game 710 points, yes i played through on easy and im glad i did.

Edited by Killerchronic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Having just suffered through this and keeping tally marks. I did it strictly with the LB Protego. The catch is to have Stupefy ready as your current spell. This "one-shots" the unsuspecting guards. When I used Protego with other spells armed, all it did was knock the guards down rather than kill them.