Impossible to get Gold on Ep. 1 "The Visitors Center" Xbox 360 version

Paul Canniff

There is a bug with the Xbox 360 version preventing you from getting Gold on the scenario of Episode 1 called "The Visitors Center". When Jess is going down the steps, the final steps after you press Y always result in a fail no matter what happens. I've tried everything and there is no way to complete it without failing.

• 1 month later...
There is a bug with the Xbox 360 version preventing you from getting Gold on the scenario of Episode 1 called "The Visitors Center". When Jess is going down the steps, the final steps after you press Y always result in a fail no matter what happens. I've tried everything and there is no way to complete it without failing.

Yes, it keeps you from getting gold during that one small section but does not keep you from getting the achievement or gold in episode one. I got a 1000 in this game about three days ago and as long as you get gold on the necessary sections you can still get 1000 in this game. This one part of the game doesn't mess up the rest of the achievements. I tried a few times over and the game is is jacked in the coding but nothing you can do and it doesn't hurt anyone's chance at a 1000, so it's not a huge deal. The required achievements and steps for a 1000 in Episode 1 are

"Scenario 2: Look at every scene with the binoculars, looking at the dinosaur for the 2nd time last.

Scenario 4: While you hack your way through the jungle, do every quick time event perfectly.

Scenario 5: Find Nedry's Badge. After the dino runs to the cave, it's in front of the cave.

Scenario 7: When talking to Jessica, make sure you choose "she's over reacting".

Scenario 9: When talking to Jessica, make sure you choose "buck up" and "maybe".

Scenario 10: When trying to talk in Spanish to Nima, you say "Usted necesita el descanso".

Scenario 12: When talking to Jessica, make sure you choose "don't be stupid"."

Credit for the scenario requirements goes to Tyger7 and his guide

omg i tried to get past that part 10 times. can u still get the big achievement for flawless chap 1 by getting a silver in this section?? i really do not want to redo chapter 1 entirely

Yes you can still get flawess in Chapter 1. Flawless achievements aren't for a completely flawless play though. Only certain parts of each episode need to be done with no mistakes. Check out Tyger7 guide on the achievements.

Edited by jkbd33

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...