Why would i want to hold territories/dominions?

Keynwar

Hey there,

one thing i don't understand about the game:

What do dominions i reign over actually do? People regularly invade my world and attack my dominion, so I warp there and kill them. However, sometimes I am in the middle of a dungeon and don't want to start the floor all over again, so I just let the 5 minute counter pass, complete the dungeon and kill the guy afterwards, retaking the territory.

But i really don't understand why I am actually doing that? Does it have something to do with Crusade Points? As far as I know, those are only good for leaderboards? I have no interest whatsoever in those, so could i just ignore it?

The game really could do a better job of explaining these mechanics...

Edited by Keynwar

you get souls (hourly?) for every site you currently control, also the more sites you control the more points go towards whatever god you represent and that leads to different events and weekly challenges overall

How do you collect these hourly souls? My soul count has never increased/via on its own.

As of right now it's disable because they are doing work on there severs trying to fix the freezing, lag, and disconnect issues. Once the kinks get worked out everyone will be compensated for the souls the missed out on and the hourly income will be turned back on.

Also to the OP. As far as I know you only gain crusade points by ascending you caos with really good gear so you controling points is just for your income and the domination of your your gods crusade.

When they've re-enabled the hourly souls thing for when you own territories etc does that hourly thing only count for when you're playing or lets say if i own a territory all night then I would get the souls for that night next time I log in?

Well when they re-enable it again you'll get souls for how long it's been down and how many point you control. So for example it's been down for 5 days and you own 100 sites all together you'll get something like this: 24h*5d*100p=12000.

Now how the hourly income works is there is a level cap at 1000 souls per hour and a level cap of 5000 souls per day, so you can be offline for the night and when you log on the next day you will receive your soul income for the hours you were away, and while your online you'll receive your income aswell. This is how is was in the closed beta so now it's in talks that this will get a increase since later on in the game this is a pain if you hold points that equal over 1000 souls.

Hope that answers you question. I'm tired as hell so I had to read your comment like 3 times before I understood it and I'm not even sure if I answered correctly sorry lol.

Edit: After re-reading this I realized I could have just had a simple "yes you recive income the next time you long on" lol. Oh well, I guess now the info is out there for anyone that didn't know this stuff already.

Edited by Kaz 421
Lack of sleep XD