Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Spawning Aeronite - WTF?

I've spent 3 hours now, literally 3 hours, wandering this fucking desert trying to get him to spawn. I have the official guide and I've used it to try to roam the right area. I've also used the map posted on TA which is slightly different. I've done it on Day 11 and Day 13 just in case there's a difference. I've done it at his "zero" spawn as well (which I'm not sure actually exists, but anyway).

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? This is so unbelievably frustrating. It's the last achievement I need to finish the game and I just cannot get him to spawn.

His spawn looks like a black hole? Like the hard boss in 13-2? Is it just a random spawn or something I will just see out in the world? I'm seriously irritated by this.

I too find the official guide quite scarce in detail, as both me, my brother and our friend all encountered the monster at the same point (exactly) at the same time slot as the guide, so it's not within a random area but more a specific location each time slot.

I don't know about the other time slots, but the 12:00-16:00 time slot he was right behind Ramon's tent right next to the Red Cactus teleporter for the North entrance. Hope that helps.

I've spent 3 hours now, literally 3 hours, wandering this fucking desert trying to get him to spawn. I have the official guide and I've used it to try to roam the right area. I've also used the map posted on TA which is slightly different. I've done it on Day 11 and Day 13 just in case there's a difference. I've done it at his "zero" spawn as well (which I'm not sure actually exists, but anyway).

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong? This is so unbelievably frustrating. It's the last achievement I need to finish the game and I just cannot get him to spawn.

His spawn looks like a black hole? Like the hard boss in 13-2? Is it just a random spawn or something I will just see out in the world? I'm seriously irritated by this.

He spawns after day 7. Make sure you're not on day 1-6 before you try to fight him.

Finally found it. It spawned multiple dunes in front of me exactly where it did for someone else in a video in the 16-20:00 time slot. Seems the above poster is right that it does spawn in specific locations, not an area as the guide says.

Finally found it. It spawned multiple dunes in front of me exactly where it did for someone else in a video in the 16-20:00 time slot. Seems the above poster is right that it does spawn in specific locations, not an area as the guide says.

So.. How'd it go? You kick his ass or he kicked yours? (and ran away like he does, LoL)

So.. How'd it go? You kick his ass or he kicked yours? (and ran away like he does, LoL)

I used Overclock 10 times. He died haha.

Here's something interesting to note though: I think the guides are incorrect regarding his spawns. I came across him again just now (I reloaded the save after killing him to get my items back).

http://i.imgur.com/DYE5xAy.jpg

This was taken where the guides said he should be in the 20:00 - 00:00 hours, but you can clearly see the time is 10:30. Perhaps it doesn't actually matter where you are? That, or at least his "zero" point spawn can be anywhere.

He was definitely tough. But not the hardest in XII series imo

I thought he was pretty tough. The other two games are so mechanical I can't honestly say they were hard at all. Use the right paradigm set and it was basically impossible to lose.