Some tips to make the game challenging..

jedi420j

So if anyone has any ideas on how they make their experience a challenge feel free to share..

I am playing on hard to start and once I hit lvl 10 I bump it to very hard.. Hardcore Mode is a no-go for me because of the stupid czador poison that kills your companions..

From there I only collect skillbooks, never read them.. I take 1 in Intelligence so when I level up I only get 11 points I believe to distribute.. I took the new trait as well that gives you 5 extra Skill Points in each category, but takes 10% of your XP for the rest of the game.. I really wish they took this further I've always wanted a Perk in Fallout that would only give you 50% of XP for the whole game.. It's always too easy and quick in these game to build a god-like character if you play on default settings..

So yeah anyone else have any ideas??

No hardcore mode is awesome, except for the fact you can't have companions travel with you because once they get stung by a Czador you can't heal the poisoning..

Considering how many companions there are, and the fact they all have back stories and whatnot it's a shame to not get to experience that part of the game if you want to play on hardcore..

I don't know, I suggest Hardcore mode and being on the highest difficulty setting as well, if that's too easy for you then you're either super amazing at the game or you're lying to us.

Well too be honest I don't think it's really possible in this type of game to be 'super amazing' or that much better than anyone else at just the core gameplay.. it's all about stats and how you level up your character, perks, how much looting you do etc. etc. which determines how easy the game is..

So far the low Intelligence is working out pretty well, I'm around lvl 18 and most of my stats are between 25-50 points, so I still have a good way to go before any of them get maxed.. And as an added bonus I get unique dialogue options for being such a dummy (Int attribute at 1) which can be quite humorous haha..

Well too be honest I don't think it's really possible in this type of game to be 'super amazing' or that much better than anyone else at just the core gameplay.. it's all about stats and how you level up your character, perks, how much looting you do etc. etc. which determines how easy the game is..

So far the low Intelligence is working out pretty well, I'm around lvl 18 and most of my stats are between 25-50 points, so I still have a good way to go before any of them get maxed.. And as an added bonus I get unique dialogue options for being such a dummy (Int attribute at 1) which can be quite humorous haha..

Did you join the flowers of pock lips yet?