Character unlocks (single player only) Question.

I buy these Lego games to play with my kid brother, so i'm doing my first playthrough in co-op. Will I still be able to unlock all characters in my second run solo? I ask because the first character unlock I came across, Captain Boomerang I believe (?) I did beat, but never purchased. I seem to remember the Harry Potter game being really picky about this, and I had to start a new save from fresh with that one. Obviously I want to avoid that this time round. Thanks in advance ;)

You should be able to. All characters that you beat but do not buy seem to be waiting for you to buy them when you return. I've been playing a mix of co-op and solo with my son and some of the bosses were beaten but not purchased. When he had enough studs, he was able to return to their location and simply purchase them. However, knowing Lego games the way we all do, I would be slow to beat characters unless I had the studs to purchase them.

I'm not so sure. Another achievement - Extra! Extra! reads: Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only). I've done this with my son in co-op and single player, i.e. collected some red bricks while playing alone and some while playing co-op on the same save game. The achievement for that popped. I have 12/15 super hero status levels done, will complete the other three this evening and let you know if the achievement pops.

I'm not so sure. Another achievement - Extra! Extra! reads: Collect all the red bricks (Single Player Only). I've done this with my son in co-op and single player, i.e. collected some red bricks while playing alone and some while playing co-op on the same save game. The achievement for that popped. I have 12/15 super hero status levels done, will complete the other three this evening and let you know if the achievement pops.

Well that's encouraging, thanks! :D I'll keep the same save then and see how it goes ;)

Played some more last night - went into the three levels I was missing "super hero" status on and once I got it on each, selected "Save and Finish Level". Once the third one was saved, the achievement popped. I had done some levels in co-op and some solo, so it looks to be working fine, so far. I still have 7 achievements left to go, and so far no glitch. Although I may have just jinxed myself :-)

Hey guys is this game worth buying/playing i'v almost completed batman Arkham City and i really enjoyed it, so i'm just curious to know if its as much fun as that or better? cheers

It depends on what kind of games, and humour I suppose, that you enjoy. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed both this and Arkham City - but it really depends on you. If you've played and enjoyed previous LEGO games, then I'd highly recommend it as it's of the same high quality; though there are a few glitches and whatnot you may have to contend with. It's a fairly easy 1000G if you're looking for gamerscore, though. I, personally, enjoyed it very much and would recommend it; but that's just my opinion :3

Hey guys is this game worth buying/playing i'v almost completed batman Arkham City and i really enjoyed it, so i'm just curious to know if its as much fun as that or better? cheers

It depends on what kind of games, and humour I suppose, that you enjoy. Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed both this and Arkham City - but it really depends on you. If you've played and enjoyed previous LEGO games, then I'd highly recommend it as it's of the same high quality; though there are a few glitches and whatnot you may have to contend with. It's a fairly easy 1000G if you're looking for gamerscore, though. I, personally, enjoyed it very much and would recommend it; but that's just my opinion :3

I've played both as well, and just finished Lego Batman 2. I won't be playing it again. However, I played Batman:AC on normal, new game+, hard, easy, all the riddler challenges - TWICE. Thinking of starting a game again just too replay it ;-)

It does really depend on what you like. The Lego game is good fun, but glitchy. My xbox completely locked up a half dozen times, characters glitched in levels, etc. Some of the levels are really clever and some of the minikits are very well thought out. Some are plain annoying. The usual with a Lego game. It is probably one of TT's best offerings, but still not to the standard you would expect. Worth a play through and relatively easy 1000G, if that also doesn't glitch.

Well that's encouraging, thanks! :D I'll keep the same save then and see how it goes ;)

Just to update you on this - I got my full 1000G using the save game that I played both co-op and solo on with my younger son. All achievements popped, the only one that gave me trouble was driving all 15 mini-kits. We did this in co-op, he drove some and I drove some. The achievement didn't pop, so I did them all solo, still no achievement. Then I left the game for a few minutes, my older son came in, gave it a go and it popped. So, full 1000G.

My older son has his own profile on the Xbox and in his save game, the achievement for getting all 50 citizens never popped. This could have been due to a citizen being unlocked as player 2, not really sure. Only way to find out is to unlock all 35 in Gotham and 15 in the levels on a new save.

Had a problem with Joker myself, I beat him, but didn't have enough studs to purchase, and when I came back he would spawn, and than instantly turn invisible. He was technically there, as my characters would throw punches at where he was "standing", but I couldn't interact in any way.

Fixed it by going to the nearest bat-computer link, the one just down on the street below him, and replaying the boss video by selecting his icon. Brought him back fine.