don mattick leaves Microsoft

crimzontearz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope the next person is better. Man Mattick was acting crazy latly.

I think he was mostly just pissed things weren't going his way. They were just not really prepared to explain the DRM policy and the online-connection requirements as well as the Kinect and the price disparity ...

It was just too much bad PR and he just let a reporter get under his skin.

Sony did such a great job PR-wise that people barely even noticed that Microsoft's E3 Press Conference was almost entirely filled with GAMES, which is what people wanted, and yet it still wasn't enough. Especially not once Sony started playing to the crowd with their tongue-in-cheek "trading games" video and such.

I think it was all just too much for Mattick.

I think he was mostly just pissed things weren't going his way. They were just not really prepared to explain the DRM policy and the online-connection requirements as well as the Kinect and the price disparity ...

It was just too much bad PR and he just let a reporter get under his skin.

I don't think you could blame the reporter (Geoff Keighley is his name btw) for simply doing his job and just asking the questions that we (the consumers) wanted answers to.

They've been developing the Xbox One for how many years now? So to say that they weren't really prepared to explain the policies that they knew people were going to get worked over is either arrogant, or ignorant (or maybe both).

When you say things like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwcgPEzeQBUgZRR-1Ib6cVS5VZ-2yrkZB2y3m5lM6AwurkSOjI

How do you think people will respond? Even if he really did feel that way, there were much better ways to phrase it, and as someone who was the President of one of the biggest companies in the world, just shows how unsuited he was to handle his job (seeing as how talking to reporters/the public is one of the job traits of being a president).

I don't think you could blame the reporter (Geoff Keighley is his name btw) for simply doing his job and just asking the questions that we (the consumers) wanted answers to.

Oh, I don't blame Geoff Keighley at all.

The best reporters in the world are the ones who ask the "tough questions", the questions that "no one wants to answer."

It was Mattick's fault for letting all the bad PR and pressure get to him and make a snide snappy response that started his downfall. I don't blame the reporter at all.

Heh...Keighley used to really annoy me, he's gotten a lot better at interviewing people though.

I used to have alot of respect for Geoff Keighly, especially during the times he defended video games against people like Jack Thompson (during the GTA "Hot Coffee" incident) and against Fox news during the Mass Effect 2 love scene. However, after the "Doritosgate" incident (where he earned the name of "Doritos Pope"), I'm embarrassed to know that he's still considered (by most people) to be the face of games journalism.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_QjPEbban_-p6-pXPJTMg3JK5_sf5toYSeFhC3ZrtjIfgkzAJ

I used to have alot of respect for Geoff Keighly, especially during the times he defended video games against people like Jack Thompson (during the GTA "Hot Coffee" incident) and against Fox news during the Mass Effect 2 love scene. However, after the "Doritosgate" incident (where he earned the name of "Doritos Pope"), I'm embarrassed to know that he's still considered (by most people) to be the face of games journalism.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_QjPEbban_-p6-pXPJTMg3JK5_sf5toYSeFhC3ZrtjIfgkzAJ

What a fabulous crown.