Worst game ever....

Judivarious

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree with ^. It is a great game and I'm not putting down your opinion or anything, but I think your wrong.

So OP, what didn't you like about Alan Wake?

The fact that 90% of the landscapes are me in a forest. The broken combat system, the fact that my achievements are broken and unlocking in a weird order.....for example, I got all 3 difficulty achievements already, and I haven't even beaten the game yet....I got the "get all the manuscript pages on Normal" when I turned on a Television...I still do not have certain achievements I should have by now, such as defeating 20 inanimate objects or for using 100 batteries, defeating 100 birds....

Game seems like it wasn't tested, and for the x amount of years it was delayed, you think some of these problems would have been fixed.....

To me it sounds that it's just a problem with your game. I didn't experience any glitches at all and everything unlocked as it should. The repetitive use of strolling through forests was probably the thing I disliked most about the game, but they were gorgeous so I can forgive that.

I can understand what you're saying though, I'd be pissed too if I was in your position but it sounds more like a problem with your individual game rather than the game itself.

Also, may I ask what is broken about the combat system?

To me it sounds that it's just a problem with your game. I didn't experience any glitches at all and everything unlocked as it should. The repetitive use of strolling through forests was probably the thing I disliked most about the game, but they were gorgeous so I can forgive that.

I can understand what you're saying though, I'd be pissed too if I was in your position but it sounds more like a problem with your individual game rather than the game itself.

Also, may I ask what is broken about the combat system?

I've noticed that sometimes when an enemy swings at you, if you dodge, and you can clearly see his weapon doesn't physically touch you, you still get hurt for some reason.

Off topic, I wanted to say how impressed I was with how this thread turned out. I assumed the OP was just trolling and everyone was going to start flaming him for not liking the game, but you all did a very nice job discussing your opinions in a civilized manner. Bravo.

On topic, kinda, I was thinking about getting this game if I could find it somewhere cheap. Thanks for letting me know what to watch for and what to expect.

Edited by TheHatter
Typo

As stated about u are entitled to your own opnion and i respect and value ur opnion, but IMO this is an awesome game!! Im so glad i picked it up because when i first preorderd it was very unsure about it.

I picked this game up at my gamestops midnight release along with PoP:Forgotten Sands, and Red Dead Redemption. I found myself playing Alan Wake more than the other two games lol :)

The fact that 90% of the landscapes are me in a forest. The broken combat system, the fact that my achievements are broken and unlocking in a weird order.....for example, I got all 3 difficulty achievements already, and I haven't even beaten the game yet....I got the "get all the manuscript pages on Normal" when I turned on a Television...I still do not have certain achievements I should have by now, such as defeating 20 inanimate objects or for using 100 batteries, defeating 100 birds....

Game seems like it wasn't tested, and for the x amount of years it was delayed, you think some of these problems would have been fixed.....

Yea sounds like you got a defective copy. But if this wasn't the game for you then don't play it. I thought this game was gonna be horrible. Just because a game does not have alot of press coverage i.e "black ops" does not mean it is a bad game. I worked a gamestop for a while and nothing really said about game, so I missed out. But now im barely playing it and loving it!

I thought this was a fantastic game. It was a welcomed break in my opinion to the heaps of MP games I had been sticking my nose in to. As for the story, it was fantastic! Characters were interesting and gameplay aspects on the whole were good.

I agree that some bits weren't great but every game has their flaws, Alan Wake has one of the BEST storylines IMO.

Alan Wake is way better then alot of games i can think of like

Black Ops

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

Bioshock

Alan Wake is a great game, but I wouldn't say it's better than any of these. And I don't even like TFU2. Or Black Ops. You can't really compare these to Alan Wake, because they're completely different genres. That's like saying "Alan Wake is better than watching a harry potter movie!" - well, maybe or maybe not, but watching a movie has nothing to do with the quality of Alan Wake.

And as for it being better than Bioshock, you sir, are on crack. Unless you mean Bioshock 2. Then it's debatable.

I personally don't read books at all very much. I don't really watch TV or movies all that often (besides sports). But I play video games all the time. So when a game like Alan wake comes around that has mediocre gameplay, but an amazingly well-done storyline and introduces a new concept (the whole light/dark thing), I can't help but to enjoy it. I love the storyline and the whole episode thing, kinda like a TV show.

Alan Wake may not be the best game, but at least they are trying out some new concepts and ideas that will make games down the road even more interesting.

The OP said already stated 'nuff said so no sense in arguing or replying. I mean, I think Eragon or Fuzion Frenzy 2 were bad, but...like I said, 'nuff said was already stated so it would be pointless to argue.

Maybe we could squeak the word fail in there while were at it, since that's another End-All internet term.

I can agree with the whole repetively running through forests as something that subtracts from the game, but I disagree with you when you say that it sucks.

My achievements for it unlocked at the rate they were supposed to as I got them. Everything that seems to be happening to you makes me think that you simply got a defective copy that needs to be gotten rid of.

But the story line is much richer than many of the games that are out on the market and holds a much deeper thriller-horror feel than most of what the gaming circle is offering.

I wish you luck in finding a better copy if you do so choose.

Nuff said.

Seriously, what do people find so interesting about a game where you're constantly repetitively running through dark forests fighting off shadows and inanimate objects?

Somebody please tell me.

The same reason people love running repetivley through any environment shooting at things (all shooter games) or driving around a race track or street over and over (all racer games). Seriously! WTF is the point of this thread, other than for you to complain about how you don't like a game you bought?