Halo:Reach is confirmed as a FPS!

ToXiCRalN

Console RTS fans will be disappointed to know Bungie's upcoming Halo: Reach project will in fact be a first-person shooter.

Gaming blog Joystiq got word of this important detail when they asked Microsoft Corporate Vice President John Schappert.

Schappert simply proclaimed "Of course it's an FPS."

Perhaps this means Microsoft is done experimenting with the Halo franchise and will be keeping everything FPS from here on out?

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/990/990787p1.html

Damn I was hoping this game would have been a RPG game. A halo RPG game would have been sick.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. Reach was the birthplace of the Spartan-II project and was the local for the most significant human-covenant war. took place in August of 2552. And yes, Master Chief was there =]. It was actually the 'supposed' last battle for the Spartans, but as we know John-117 gets away, making a blind slipspace jump, and ends up next to Halo. Basically the battle on reach set-up all of the story and events for the halo trilogy.

The teaser says you know how it ends because, well, we do. this battle is what gave the cov's an upper hand and strength. Reach was basically destroyed and plasma'd to hell by cov ships.

Edited by ripperpuppy

If this will be close to the books, I don't think it will even have the Master Chief in it. I think it will be based on the other Spartans fighting on Reach around the same time Master Chief sets out and discovers the first ring. If you have read the books, you should have a good idea of what I'm talking about

Have you even read the books you're speaking of? Master Chief, was on Reach with the rest of them, except he wasn't known as Master Chief, because he wasn't the only one left. Spartan 117, John, is Master Chief. Also Reach and the first ring didn't happen side by side, Reach is a prequel to the Halo trilogy.

Edited by Incoherently

• 2 weeks later...
If Bungie wanted this to be not a FPS then they would've sent it to another company.

I'm guessing you never played Myth or Myth II.

Bungie is more than capable of making a game outside of the FPS genre. Halo Wars proved that the Halo universe could be applied to the RTS genre, and seeing it become an RPG would have been awesome, even if it turned out to be a lot like Mass Effect.

Bungie is more than capable of making a game outside of the FPS genre. Halo Wars proved that the Halo universe could be applied to the RTS genre, and seeing it become an RPG would have been awesome, even if it turned out to be a lot like Mass Effect.

Except that Bungie didn't make Halo Wars...

Yeah I know Bungie makes other games. But the main point is after Bungie went and sell the ownership of Halo to Microsoft. Microsoft seems to use Bungie to make FPS and use other companies to make the otherwise.

Yeah I know Bungie makes other games. But the main point is after Bungie went and sell the ownership of Halo to Microsoft. Microsoft seems to use Bungie to make FPS and use other companies to make the otherwise.
I don't think Microsoft would see any point in commissioning Bungie to make anything other than Halo games for now, they're great games which sell a lot of copies.