Sharing is Caring. Clueless here.

According to my Abstergo Challenges, I've discovered a Convoy, that was back when I first started playing around Sequence 3. Since then ... not a bean. Now on Sequence 12 and about 30-40 hours of gameplay later. I've never seen a White Whale or a Social Chest. From what I've read, the Uplay Wifi signal needs to be on the screen which it is and I am connected to the Internet, so how come I'm not finding these Social Events? Anyone got an idea?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my Abstergo Challenges, I've discovered a Convoy, that was back when I first started playing around Sequence 3. Since then ... not a bean. Now on Sequence 12 and about 30-40 hours of gameplay later. I've never seen a White Whale or a Social Chest. From what I've read, the Uplay Wifi signal needs to be on the screen which it is and I am connected to the Internet, so how come I'm not finding these Social Events? Anyone got an idea?

Ive found a white whale in the 20 or so hours ive been playing but no convoy or social chest I think it maybe because there are a lot less players playing this version compared to the 360 where the social events were popping up all over the show. Add me to your friends list maybe we can trigger a few to pop up for each other. GT Adamantium NZ

It seems that on the 360 version it told me an activity was shared when I did one. On the One version, I don't seem to get anything tell me it's shared. Is there a turn on thing for it or?

I not sure and I only owned this game on Xbox One.

But problem I had killed 2 white whales and so after defeated white whale than it is show shared it in Initiates and I checked in Simulation in Abstergo Challenges and still show 0/3. :(

Even though I killed 2 white whales and shared with friends. Dunno why now. :(

Is that glitched count or shared glitched?

Also having issues with this achievement.

Says I've shared 2/3 whales, and 0/3 royal convoys. Yet on my map it shows a royal convoy and says I've shared it. When I go to the location of the convoy, there is nothing there.

Did share 3/3 chests, but now it seems glitched.

Nah, there's definetly something wrong here.

On the 360 version it was one of my earliest achievements, popping not long after first getting the Jackdaw.

On the One I've gone about 4 days since a blue (community) Royal Convoy appeared in the north, but no ships spawned. It's still on the map, doing more missions and revisiting doesn't help them spawn.

I've got about a dozen friends playing Black Flag on the One, we can help each other in Conway's Fleet side mini-missions, but like the others here I haven't seen one white whale or any more community Convoys or Chests since the non-spawning event.

Update Edit: Just finishing sequence 08 "No Regrets" and whilst I'm unable to check the map as Bart is talking away, a discovery sharing "You found a Royal Convoy" has come up, but this time with 10hr time limit.

The one previously on my main world map had a time limit of _blank_ - hoping this will solve my problem

Edited by Jedi MoonKnight

At a loss also, I've unlocked multiple Navy Convoys and have defeated them, saw a white whale; however, didnt kill it and have unlocked every single chest in the game and I dont know if I unlocked chest Social Share back in the beginning. Am I missing something here, do you have to see multiples whales and kill them? Also, if I unlocked all chests without a social chest, am I screwed?

I have zero friends on my profile. I take it I need some for this achievement? How many?

It looks like it doesn't matter. I had one friend playing Black Flag on my 360 and I was ignoring white whales, community chests and royal convoys. At least a dozen of each, and I didn't finish the game.

Haven't seen one chest or white whale and I've almost 100% on my One run.

Definetly broken.

I think Ubisoft have turned this feature off. Over at their support forums they have the patch notes for the 360 and PS3 versions (no next gen patch release notes as yet), am assuming we're the same-ish:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/815948-Assassin%E2%80%99s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-%E2%80%93-Blackbeard%E2%80%99s-Wrath-Patch-1-03-Xbox360-PS3?

In the notes, quote:

"ONLINE:

· Fixed a bug where Community Challenge rewards were not being awarded properly (Community Challenges will resume shortly!)"

Bu-doom. Patience may be the answer. Answers why there's been no community challenges for the Jackdaw appearance and Edward's upgrades at the least. More than likely tied in with sharing?

At any rate I'm out of ideas. Between this and the Blackbeard's dlc not being part of the One Season Pass I'm just about done with this BS.

So does anyone have a clear answer to his because I am still VERY confused. 30+ hours in, sequence 9 and I have yet to see any of the 3 social events :/

Is it dependent on friends playing, in which case I only have 1. However, it seems people with plenty of friends playing haven't found any either. :/ My 1 friend has the achievement if that matters.