A method that works

TpYourHouse

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question.

I am playing the game for the first time on Normal difficulty, with the Chambers on.

If I use this method, which achievements will I receive?

(I've been saving all the Little Sisters, and will continue to do so, so I know I'll get the Little Sister Savior achievement at the ends, but what other ones will I receive?)

Edited by rezdood

I have a question.

I am playing the game for the first time on Normal difficulty, with the Chambers on.

If I use this method, which achievements will I receive?

(I've been saving all the Little Sisters, and will continue to do so, so I know I'll get the Little Sister Savior achievement at the ends, but what other ones will I receive?)

As for saving all of the little sisters, you will get the 'Dealt with Every Little Sister' achievement.

If you don't die the whole game and you do the difficulty switch at the end, then maybe you'll receive the 'Brass Balls' and 'Seriously Good at this" achievements but it has been reputable that it only unlocks if you have the latest DLC installed as well as the Vita-Chambers turned off.

Make sure you have fully researched every species with your camera as you will unlock a good amount of the achievements. Also, don't kill Sander Cohen when you have the chance the first time you meet him.

I'd also go for the 'Historian' achievement if you haven't missed any yet.

Send me a message if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Thanks a lot, McGoogles.

Just finished the game on normal. Killing Fontaine was surprisingly fun.

I killed him a second time on normal, on a second load, using this method and I received the Seriously Good At This achievement.

Now I'm racing through the game on easy with the Vita-Chambers off, so I can try this method again for Brass Balls, my final achievement.

Ok I have tried this about fifteen times! Watched all the videos, changed difficulty at various points - proving grounds, fontaine, mid fight, before the fight, last needle, first needle, second needle! NOTHING is working.

I'm pretty sure that early on in my game I messed up, died and then disabled the vita-chambers and carried on... but surely I shouldn't get 'Brass Balls' but SHOULD atleast get 'Seriously Good At This'?

Ok I have tried this about fifteen times! Watched all the videos, changed difficulty at various points - proving grounds, fontaine, mid fight, before the fight, last needle, first needle, second needle! NOTHING is working.

I'm pretty sure that early on in my game I messed up, died and then disabled the vita-chambers and carried on... but surely I shouldn't get 'Brass Balls' but SHOULD atleast get 'Seriously Good At This'?

That's what I thought at first too, but both of the achievements have to unlock at the same time. I tried this method on a save (with a death recorded on it) and the 'Seriously Good at this' didn't unlock.

Then I started a new game on easy, turned vita-chambers off, ran through the game on easy and did the method and both of the achievements unlocked.

So I'm guessing that they have to unlock at the same time if you're doing this method.

That's what I thought at first too...

Then I started a new game on easy, turned vita-chambers off, ran through the game on easy and did the method and both of the achievements unlocked.

Cheers for your insight :)

After frustratingly being so close but yet so far i've taken the plunge and decided to do it all again on easy... The graphics and atmosphere on this game are brilliant and not faffing about with audio tapes, tonics, research and saving little sisters; it should only take 7 or 8 hours.

Curse Microsoft for coming up with achievements, it's mans instinct to collect! :confused:

I can't see why not, just to add I've just done this today and can add to the growing majority of people it has worked for, I did everything that was said to be done asin started a game on easy, switched vitachambers off, started a new game on easy worked my way through, paused it just before the needle goes in for the last time on fontaine, switched to options, put it straight to hard (not normal then hard) then pressed start to exit it and the achievement popped up when she offered me the key.

Simples.

Anyone know if this would still work if I had yet to beat the game? I'm slowly working my way through the game, and was hoping to finish them all in one sitting using this, but am unsure if it would trigger.

Did you download the latest DLC and turn Vita-Chambers off at the beginning of the game and then start a new campaign? If you didn't then you probably will have to start again. It isn't too bad though, especially on easy.

As I was playing through the game, this is what I did to achieve Brass Balls when I didn't have the Vita Chamber option:

1)Play through the whole game without dying on Easy

2)Get to Fontaine

I killed him the first time and switched it to Hard; nothing happened.

3) Made a new account and went to download the Plasmid DLC.

4) Started up my main account and continued at Fontaine.

5) Disabled the Vita Chambers as they showed up for me this time; disabled as I went up the lift.

6) When I took the last jar of Adam, I changed the difficulty to Hard.

7) I waited and it popped up; Brass Balls 100G

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have to play through in one sitting or can I stop and save along the way and still get it?

(assuming I've done all the proper steps.)

If you mean stop and save along the way as in saving mid-game and picking it up again then yes you can do this.

If you mean stop and save in the middle of the final battle, i'm not sure.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks. I played this for 12 hours straight on Sunday to get this and the rest of what I needed. Thanks to you, I got 1100/1100 now :p

Thanks alot.

I've got a question:

I've downloaded the DLC and the update, but I don't have the option to set Disable Vita Chambers OFF. How is that possible?

Edit: Nevermind, I've re-downloaded the DLC on a silver account and started a new game on easy on that silver account. And returned to my gold account and loaded Fontaine, and voila.

And I've to read earlier posts first :Angel

Thanks!

Edited by Dokter V

OK, literally just tried this (loaded up Fontaine saved file and changed difficulty during final injection) and I got the Seriously Good At This achievement. I'm pretty sure that I had died during this playthrough (completed it months ago) but I'm fairly confident that Brass Balls would have popped up as well had I not died.

Will likely playthrough bioshock again fairly soon since I still have a ton of photo, weapon, and tonic stuff to do along with brass balls.

Jason.

You can do this glitch through either easy/normal play-through. For the guy who can't get it to work, wait till he just knocks (right when you start to fly back) you back for the last time then switch. That's when I did it and it worked. Mine popped up at the last cut-scene. I think this glitch is all based on timing.

You rock, this has worked perfectly for me 1st time, after multiple

attempts on the other methods, THANKYOU