Gold Brick 199/200

I know a few people have mentioned this but i'd appreciate some help.

My Gold Brick Detector works and shows the glitched brick in the second library room at the back. (I've got the one with the three hats in the middle of the room)

I've been into everyroom in hogwarts and the detector doesn't find anything. I've got all the crests, all the SIP, all the true wizards, and am completely stuck!

I've been wandering round Hogwarts for the last two evenings trying to find this!

Anyhelp would be appreciated, thanks

Have you completed all 10 of the bonus levels in Gringotts? Have you got the bricks from both Diagon and Knockturn? Have you built all four lego statues in the tavern basement? Have you checked all of the time turner areas?

And last but not least, have you read through all of the other threads in this forum to see where other people have located hard to find gold bricks?

As Masklin said 99% of the time its the one in Borgin and Burke.

To get there haed to Diagon Alley... then run along the bottom of th screen and take the blue arrow to Knockturn Alley.. then run to the bottom of Knockturn and on the left is Borgin and Burke.

• 2 weeks later...

im currently having the same problem, stuck on 199, i have got the one in nockturn ally and digon ally, i have all 10 from the bank all 12 from the shops, obviously all the SIPs and house crests, i have been all round the school looking for them 3 or 4 times now, the only gold crest locator that shows up is the courtyard infront of the pendalum for the clock tower, which i believe is just a bugged locator? if any one can help please do as i have allredy had to restart once due to clock tower glitch! thanks.

EDIT, just found mine, i was just being stupid. Hope you find your soon, sorry i carnt help with that

Edited by Rit1988
Sorted

im currently having the same problem, stuck on 199, i have got the one in nockturn ally and digon ally, i have all 10 from the bank all 12 from the shops, obviously all the SIPs and house crests, i have been all round the school looking for them 3 or 4 times now, the only gold crest locator that shows up is the courtyard infront of the pendalum for the clock tower, which i believe is just a bugged locator? if any one can help please do as i have allredy had to restart once due to clock tower glitch! thanks.

EDIT, just found mine, i was just being stupid. Hope you find your soon, sorry i carnt help with that

how did you find it my gf has that 1 but cant find it

Scrap that found out that where some invisible studs when flying lol and then inturn unlocked the gold brick but thank you any way

Edited by TheOnlyDragon
Worked it out

I had this issue, it was the one in Hagrids yard where Ron was throwing up slugs. I completed the level, got the cut-scene afterwards, but every time I went back (to get the Gold Brick) Ron was still throwing up, as a result I couldn't get it. However, when I went to B&B it gave me the 200th one and the glitched one at the same time (phew).

• 2 weeks later...

I have 199 and two gold arrows still flashing, one in the library where you shoot three wizards hats (but I know I collected that gold brick) and on in the great hall above the third floating disc. Can't remember the salt shaker one you're talking about, is it worth me replaying some of the story levels, I can't find any other way to clear the flashing gold arrows. :(

I have 199 and two gold arrows still flashing, one in the library where you shoot three wizards hats (but I know I collected that gold brick) and on in the great hall above the third floating disc. Can't remember the salt shaker one you're talking about, is it worth me replaying some of the story levels, I can't find any other way to clear the flashing gold arrows. :(

The one in the library has been mentioned many times in other threads if it's the one at the back left by the bookshelves. It's actually a glitched yellow crest indicator so ignore it.

The great hall is probably the one that you're missing. From memory you have to pour juice into a glass on all of the tables then use leviosa to move platforms into place so you can reach the brick.

I agree with ozgoon, your best shot is probably the one in the great hall... just leviosa on all the juicy cans you see (there were 5 i thought, otherwise check the walkthrough to be sure)....

The saltshaker was not in story mode if i remember correctly... but in free roaming

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm currently at 199. I've checked all the places you guys are talking about and the only place i see a gold indicator is when im in diagon ally it flashes to head toward the main shop but it obv doens't lead anywhere

That one is likely indicating the brick in the store where you have to use the broom stilts to sweep the floor. ride the stilts all around the shop and you should get your last brick.

has anyone had a problem with the floating candles/torches in the hogwart's main hall glitching? my gf is at 199 and is convinced she was only able to zap 3 or 4 out of the 6 or some such. anyone know of bugs related to this gold brick requirement?