Cortana

Guest Chibiuk

Guest Chibiuk

Apologies if this is the wrong place or is already in another thread.

Whats everyones thoughts on Cortana so far?

Some commands are now more long winded and less helpful than before, which is a little baffling.

Saying a friends name for a message has been mostly hit and a little miss as some peoples names don't work, I also have two people with the same name and Cortana will only pick the same one every time.

While the commands in general are much better and she learns with time etc etc its VERY slow compared to Kinect

I disabled it and went back to the 'Xbox' command as soon as they gave us the option.

I found it more long winded to say the commands, it seemed more hit & miss to me, and a lot of the time it would Bing what you'd asked.

But mostly I dislike Cortana as I just feel like a plum talking to my Xbox as if I'm talking to a real person, but that's a personal thing I guess

I don't have a kinect on X1 so i never used voice command, when the upate comes to regular user i will try Cortana, but im not sure if ill keep her or deactivate it.

I never needed a voice command personally, i think its lazy as fuck if you can't open manually your xbox lol. And when i play with friends that have a kinect and they say right in the middle of a game "xbox record that" that really sound stupid :p

I disabled it and went back to the 'Xbox' command as soon as they gave us the option.

Unfortunately, I don't think you have that option if you don't have a Kinect.

when the upate comes to regular user i will try Cortana, but im not sure if ill keep her or deactivate it.

I already have the update. You may want to "force" update in the menus if you don't.

Overall, I don't mind her so far. I think in the end I'll mostly just use voice commands to load games.

Apologies if this is the wrong place or is already in another thread.

Whats everyones thoughts on Cortana so far?

Some commands are now more long winded and less helpful than before, which is a little baffling.

Saying a friends name for a message has been mostly hit and a little miss as some peoples names don't work, I also have two people with the same name and Cortana will only pick the same one every time.

While the commands in general are much better and she learns with time etc etc its VERY slow compared to Kinect

I am a preview member so I've been dealing with it for awhile now. I hate it. Takes too long to recognize a command, process it and then do the action. Also recognition was hit and miss, more miss than hit really.

As soon as I got the option to disable it I did.

Just updated, no idea If I have Cortana or not (wasn't a popup saying I had it or anything like that)

However I do love the new games and apps setup.

Giving Ready to install and updates their own page, and showing how much has downloaded, and your download speed instead of just a percentage is awesome :)

Edited by SpinelesS