Xbox One Controller - Broken RB button

jamie126

I think my RB button has gone a bit iffy on my controller, it press and clicks back fine, but in order for it to register as being pressed you have to press it with unnatural force, ie you have to press it down pretty hard and doesn't respond to just normal press anymore. In comparison the LB button works fine even when pressed with minimal effort.

I don't even know how this happened was just randomly playing Titanfall when it decided not to work properly.

I don't really have the equipment to take it apart, i'm pretty sure nothing's stuck under there as it does still 'press' fine, anyone have any suggestions or encountered anything similar? :confused:

Yeah thanks man, having to send it off to the Czech Republic for a replacement will be waiting ages for a new one to be sent I bet what with bank holidays and all, shoddy piece of kit though for one of the buttons to work fine up until a random point then just decide to not register it doesn't stick or anything.

To anyone else with a similar issue I've tried updating the controller, plugging it in, de sync and re sync, battery out and in etc. only choice is to send off for a new one I guess

Contact Xbox Support to see if they will replace it.

Xbox Support has been OVERLY generous with early adopters of the Xbox One.

I thought my headset and second controller were both not working, they sent me replacements, so now with my Titanfall controller, headset adapter, and Day One controller, all together I have 4 controllers and three headsets because it turns out neither was broken ... just quirky.

My friend's XBO disc drive was doing the weird crazy noise thing. He arranged for a replacement, but because his XBO replacement got delayed, they also gave him 2 free games (it was delayed by ONE DAY is all) ...

Xbox Support has been OVERLY generous with early adopters of the Xbox One.

I thought my headset and second controller were both not working, they sent me replacements, so now with my Titanfall controller, headset adapter, and Day One controller, all together I have 4 controllers and three headsets because it turns out neither was broken ... just quirky.

My friend's XBO disc drive was doing the weird crazy noise thing. He arranged for a replacement, but because his XBO replacement got delayed, they also gave him 2 free games (it was delayed by ONE DAY is all) ...

Wow, they made me send in my broken controller, wait a few weeks, and then send my replacement.

• 5 months later...