Master of the Caribbean Glitched!?

Yea, I finished discovery mode and I didn't even know it was an achievement. Mine did not unlock either, I hope this is patched or there is a work around.

I am currently re-doing them all again and will get back to you all. Unlikely that I will get it, since many of you have already tried to no avail.

Yea, I finished discovery mode and I didn't even know it was an achievement. Mine did not unlock either, I hope this is patched or there is a work around.

I am currently re-doing them all again and will get back to you all. Unlikely that I will get it, since many of you have already tried to no avail.

Ive been through them 4X now and still no Achievement ive submitted a incident to Ubisoft hopefully they will patch if enough people are having the same issue. Glad to hear im not the only one!

I'm having the same problem with that achievement. I've gone through multiple times and it won't unlock. I also can't join a public Game Lab game to get the Lab Technician achievement either.

The game Lab pubic playlist is pretty much dead just hang in there though i managed to find a game eventually try at different times of day when it might have more players

This has glitched on me too, and I've seen over posts in random forums from people also saying it has not popped. In addition, not a single person on trueachievements.com has unlocked it on Xbox one. So it looks like it just doesn't work. I've raised a ticket on Ubisoft support and will publish an update here if I get one.

This has glitched on me too, and I've seen over posts in random forums from people also saying it has not popped. In addition, not a single person on trueachievements.com has unlocked it on Xbox one. So it looks like it just doesn't work. I've raised a ticket on Ubisoft support and will publish an update here if I get one.

Please post back if you get an answer from them. :)

Hey I had made thread over Ubisoft forums and bit trolling there to make sure Ubisoft aware and working on glitched achievements.

Hopeful we get answer sooner when Ubisoft confirms they working on patches.

I had tried my best to help and also I want to play this damn game but glitched achievements for avoid me to play this game. :(

Edited by cheevo360

has anyone done this with more than themselfs i.e had more than 1 person in the lobby with them? As most games are for 4-8 people i wonder if it could be related? Someone try this? If you need me add me 'kiddingpigeon' if the guy above can let us know the outcome as well that will be awesome... Hate glitched achivments

has anyone done this with more than themselfs i.e had more than 1 person in the lobby with them? As most games are for 4-8 people i wonder if it could be related? Someone try this? If you need me add me 'kiddingpigeon' if the guy above can let us know the outcome as well that will be awesome... Hate glitched achivments

Yeah, someone on the thread said they did everything with another person.

Yeah this is really unfortunate as I am going for 100% completion on Xbox One. Luckily I have not played through Wolf Pack yet so I really hope that they patch this. Obviously in order to raise awareness everyone affected by the glitch should submit a ticket or whatever to the Ubisoft help and maybe they will eventually do something about it. Also this forum is the forum for it on their site.

I imagine if we can raise awareness here, people discuss it on the Ubisoft forums, and I'm sure people at TrueAchievement will also try to get it patched hopefully they will actually pay attention.

It seems like this is really an Ubisoft problem, as you're supposed to get a video unlocked in your database for completing discovery mode. You don't get that video unlocked, however. The game just doesn't count as you having completed Discovery mode.

I'm not sure why they said it was Microsoft's fault.

I already posted on this thread to say it's glitched for me, but I wanted to say something else:

Has anyone thought about the following scenario?

Imagine that this had happened on the 360. Now imagine that it got patched a month later, but you had to delete your progress/save file to go back and try it again. That wouldn't have been too big an issue, given how you're able to access your save files on the 360.

Now what if something like that happens to us on the Xbox One? This is the sort of thing that makes me worry about the X1's memory management system.. or lack thereof. What if we, who have tried to get this achievement, need to delete our progress to try it again after a patch? Will we even be able to? X1's automatic cloud saving and our inability to modify the nature of our memory options in any way seems all the more annoying.

I already didn't like how they had taken that part of the system away from us, but now I'm really concerned about it.

For those of you who don't know, their policy is basically thus: "The X1 system will automatically delete any old game installs that haven't been used in a long time when you're running low on storage, and other smaller items could never fill your system's hard-drive or our cloud servers."

It really feels like a much too relaxed 'let's hope this works/nothing goes wrong' sort of approach.

If anyone knows how to reset their progress or delete their saves for AC4 now, I'd love to know (well, I'd assume it would work for any game). I've done so little in the game and I'm going to wait as long as I can before getting back to it, I might as well erase the handful of multiplayer levels I just got the other day while trying to unlock Master of the Caribbean. I already did the whole thing on the 360, to 100% anyway, so I might as well wait to play the whole thing again on the One, now.

((As for deleting save games: I just checked, there is one way.. there's an option under Settings and System, which will restore the console to factory defaults (deleting ALL the things). So.. then you'd be without the first patch that allows you to use the box at all, I would think, but you might be able to get that and then sign in and MAYBE disconnect from the net before the stupid thing redownloads your save games again from the cloud, but I don't know. Even then, you'd then need to get online to even play WolfPack, right? >_> Jeez. I'd rather not try/delete EVERYTHING in the attempt, cloud back-ups or not))

Sounds like Ubisoft is trying to absolve some of the blame there... If there is a video unlock which isn't unlocked, in addition to the achievement, then it's most certainly their issue. But considering the fact that we've been focused on the achievement, they're likely responding as such. Maybe the achievement IS from Microsofts' end, but the unlock for the video and achievement requirements aren't? So, basically, even if the game worked fine, the achievement may still not pop if Microsoft doesn't have it integrated properly. In other words, until we tell Ubisoft about the video unlock issue in conjunction with the achievement not popping, then maybe they'll see reason to be concerned more.